If you wanna stick with IE, or can't switch, I'll warn you right now, while most of this site should work with IE, stuff might come up buggy, so you might not enjoy it as much...
General guidelines for the forums
Gamers Plane is open anyone, regardless of age, and as such, members are expected to follow certain guidelines.
- Treat all members with respsect.
- Any use of racial, ethnic, religious, or gender slurs will not be tolerated.
- Keep all discussion PG-13 (with minor exception, see below). That basically means:
- No pornography or descriptions of pornography
- No heavy cursing
- No violence or depictions of violence
- Post should not be spammy. Keep a post limited to 3 images, and make them images somewhat relevant.
- No insulting people, directly or indirectly. Don't insult another player, a players family, a random stranger.
- No hot button topics outside the gaming realm, including but not limited to politics, religion, etc., unless permitted by a moderator.
- Do not post anything libelous or threatening.
- No promoting commercial products not sanctioned by GP.
- Any actions meant to harm GP, its server, or its content, or actions meant to circumvent its security are prohibited.
I'm sad I have to actually put this as a rule, but if you join Gamers' Plane just to promote material on other play-by-post sites, I will just go ahead and ban your account. I don't mind people talking about other sites, if you're an active participant here. But coming here just to get people away from here is crass and rude.
Rules for specific forums
The General Discussion forum is for most discussions that don't belong in other forums. Discussions on games should go in the appropriate Game Discussions forum, ideas/problems about the site under Site discussions, and game requests under Games Tavern. Anything else goes in General Discussions.
Threads/posts should have a content and purpose, be it to introduce yourself or start a discussion on a topic.
We will allow the rules for language used in Game Forums (other then the Games Tavern) to be looser, as long as it is clearly printed at the root forum/game details. However, players are still expected to treat each other with respect, to not use slurs against other players, etc.
The moderators can decide whether a post meets these guidelines or not. You are welcome to contest a decision via private message, but simply whining/arguing may raise your punishment.