The Game

load previous
Sep 30, 2015 4:08 pm
Seeing Gino's jacket below me being tackled by people in suits I hustle down the escalators to get on the same floor with him. I'll scan around to see if I can find the pink Victoria's Secret bag he had been carrying.

Rolls

Mundane Escalators vs 6 Bubblegum - (1d10)

(2) = 2

Oct 1, 2015 4:26 pm
What in the hell was that?! Still brandishing his bottle of single malt and a lit cigarette in his mouth, Ben chases after Trenchcoat Man, shoving aside anyone who gets in his way. As he runs he throws a backward glance at the pub he just trashed. That 2 for $1 sale was bullshit! That's always been their price and I know for a fact they water down their drinks! Ben realizes he has an undiscovered talent for parkour - he tumbles, vaults, and kickflips as weaves his way around people and obstacles in an attempt to chase after Trenchcoat Man.

OOC: Oh snap!
Last edited October 1, 2015 4:26 pm

Rolls

Kickass foot chase - (1d10)

(1) = 1

Oct 2, 2015 9:10 pm
Gus Gus, as you go to scramble and kick the mask you unfortunately realize that at this point part of your pants also got stuck in the escalator, and while you are able to free your foot from the shoe the forward motion rips off an entire leg of your pants. You fumble the kick and instead of kicking the mask down below, it goes straight up into the air and defying all odds lands straight on your face as you slip backwards and fall on your back. The woman who initially started screaming passes out.

Sammy, as you are heading down the escalator you see your former BFF Gina scurrying away down on the floor below you with the Victoria's Secret bag that Gino discarded. She rushes past the commotion of people who are assaulting the boy in Gino's jacket who you quickly realize is not Gino as you approach. It's just some crying white kid, and the suits who apprehended him are furiously conversing into their sleeves and looking around frantically. As you go to walk away, however, you recognize the woman who seems to be in charge and calling the shots is the same woman from the picture message you received of Brensen.

Ben, as you go to chase after the Trenchcoat Man, a hand reaches out and grabs your ankle. You come crashing down and through a table, but as you turn to face the person who did it to you, you see an abnormally large man whose face suddenly starts melting away to reveal what appears to be greenish scales and rows upon rows of sharp teeth.The crowd around you starts screaming in terror and fleeing, as the creature let's out a snarl and lifts a table over it's head and throws it at you.

GM: Derek-buddy, I'm gonna catch you up to the current timeline as you were absent for a little bit.
Daisuke, the man raises a fist in anger at you, feeling insulted, but before he can do anything you hear a sound of rushing wind and a loud THWACK, and he falls to the ground unconscious. A small, somewhat familiar looking Japanese man a bit older than you is standing behind him holding what appears to be a wooden katana. He quickly places the weapon in his belt, and bows quickly to you.
"Daisuke-san, we must go, quickly! There is much to discuss! No time for questions, no time!"
He attempts to lead you past a scene of carnage where a young American schoolgirl mercilessly beat some bystanders and find a place of somewhat quiet in the midst of the Black Friday chaos.
Oct 3, 2015 2:22 am
My eyes lock on to this woman who is in charge of this mob. I still see that image of her and Brensen in my mind. My eyes go white with rage. Suddenly the mall around me is gone once again and I find myself on the soccer field. Team captain of our school team, the Woodchucks. I see her there, but she isn't there anymore. Just a soccer ball lined up for a shot I know I can make. I charge her. Shoving other people from my path as though they were leaves in the wind.

As I charge I scream as loud as I can, "YOU... YOU... YOU SLUT!!!", I swing my foot as hard as I can right for that soccer ball she calls a stomach.

Rolls

Badass vs 6 Bubble Gum - (1d10)

(10) = 10

Oct 3, 2015 4:08 pm
What the f--k?! I roll away to dodge the incoming table. As I come out of the roll I pull out a match and light it. I take a mouthful of whiskey and spew it at the monster. FIRE BREATH, BABY!!!

OOC: Dammit, the dice hate me!
Last edited October 3, 2015 4:08 pm

Rolls

kickass roll vs 6(?) bubblegum - (1d10)

(5) = 5

Oct 3, 2015 4:21 pm
Gus Gus lays there, at the top of the inactive escalator.

*OK, first things first. I've gotta get some cover...*

He steps into his Gus Gus the Omnipotent persona, instinctively reaching out and activating the first of a set of failsafe routines that he always prepares for any public appearance. Dormant hacks come to life, giving him command of all microsensors and microcontrollers in the mall, which he uses now to shut off all the lights in the mall.

In his mind, whenever he takes control away from someone through his code cracking, he hears the "GWAAAH! GWAAAAHHH!" from "Akira" playing in his head.
Last edited October 3, 2015 4:24 pm

Rolls

Kick-ass shutting off all mall lighting (vs 5 gum) - (1d10)

(7) = 7

Oct 7, 2015 11:37 am
Sammy, your kick connects mightily and the woman lets out a wheezing gasp of pain, as she doubles over and slides back on the mall floor from the force of your attack. All the suits around her immediately pull out guns and train them on you.
"YOU HAVE JUST ASSAULTED A MEMBER OF THE FBI, STAND DOWN OR WE WILL PUT YOU DOWN!" barks an intimately familiar voice. As you turn your head to see who addressed you, you lock eyes with none other than your own boyfriend, Brensen. His face becomes a mask of confusion as he realizes it's you who has attacked his partner. He's about to say something when the woman finally catches her breath.
"Agent Sosa! Take this impudent little bitch into custody before I lose my cool!" Vanessa struggles to her feet and Brensen looks at you, paralyzed.

Ben, you perfectly somersault under the flying table and come up mere inches away from the monster, and let out a fireball straight into it's roaring maw. The battlecry turns into a shriek of pain as the creature falls backwards and claws at its face. You can tell you've blinded it and bought yourself at least a few moments before it regains it's composure, but it's not quite taken out.
GM: By my count you should be at 5 gum at this point, so with a tie you actually succeeded! :)

At that moment, all the lights in the mall kick off. Red emergency lights kick on along some of the outer walls, but it's still nearly impossible to see even with them. The crowds start screaming and panicking, so it's also very difficult to hear anything with all this commotion.

Gus Gus, you're finally able to extract yourself from this sticky situation. Where do you head next?

Sammy, you feel a gentle grasp on your arm before you hear Brensen whisper in your ear, "You need to go, now. I'll explain everything later but for now just go! I'll distract them."

Ben, all you can see are the glowing burns on the creature's face and the flickering shadows cast by the burning pub behind it. All the normal shoppers are gone from this area, having fled from your arson and monster fighting tendencies. It appears to be just you and this creature.
Oct 7, 2015 7:28 pm
Ben catches a whiff of the monster's face burning and decides it would be best served deep-fried with a creole sauce over grits. But first, to tenderize that meat. And maybe some greens for garnish. The chef picks up a potted palm tree and brings it down hard on the creature's skull.

Rolls

Kickass vs 5 bubblegum - (1d10)

(4) = 4

Oct 8, 2015 2:07 am
Sammy, seeing Brensen's face lit by the red lights turns her face upwards to his. She runs her hand across his face. "I'll wait for you, Brensen", she says doing her best to look as breathtakingly beautiful as possible before she runs off. Hoping she has cemented her spot on the top of Brensen's list over that old hag.

Rolls

Mundane (Look Pretty) vs 6 bubblegum - (1d10)

(9) = 9

Oct 9, 2015 9:42 am
Gus Gus pulls his hooded cloak on as he cycles through his recordings of the various security monitor feeds of the mall, taking notes of which ones are likely to give him the best views of the confused FBI goons when and if he decides to turn the lights back on. Occasionally he checks back to his live feed from the drone's infrared and night vision sensors.

He feels a twinge of jealousy for Vanessa's partner again. *Vanessa...what do you see in that kid?*

Gus: 4 gum
Last edited October 9, 2015 9:42 am

Rolls

Mundane to pull on cloak (vs 5 gum) - (1d10)

(9) = 9

You do not have permission to post in this thread.