1.0 Introduction

load previous
Sep 24, 2015 12:51 am
Understanding how far uncomfortable this is for Roland, Szent shoots a Alanya a quick glare for her antics with Weylan. "This is serious, Alanya, please treat it as such!"

Slowly standing he gives a quick look back at the others before facing Roland and continuing, "She is correct, however. There isn't a person in this room that wouldn't do anything in their power to help you, Sir! Please, let us know what is to be done." Sitting back down and feeling bad for snapping at her, he leans in towards Alanya and whispers, "My apologies, but something is troubling Roland and I think we need to show him the respect that he deserves."
Last edited September 24, 2015 2:38 am
Sep 24, 2015 2:17 am
I whisper back, "I'm just saying that he can trust us. He doesn't have to feel bad about asking."
Sep 24, 2015 5:19 am
Seneia nods to Analya's comment. Then she stands up - her and chairs seem to have a complicated relationship - and addresses Roland:

"Sir, there is something you would want or need to ask us, but you are not comfortable doing so. I don't know if it's an awkward request or that you fear something, but I am certain I speak for all of us, when I say that do not let it trouble your soul. Tell us what is on your mind and let us help if we are able to do so."

"This place, one you have set up, is a beautiful creation. It has given each of us a chance for life we would not otherwise have. I mean-- you took in even me, even though I was already nine, and wouldn't trust anyone enough to sleep in the same room with them. You gave even someone like me a chance to discover the path towards balance and peace."

"You have given more to all of us and everyone in the downstairs than we can ever hope to repay. Let us have this chance to give something back. There is something that is needed and thanks to you, we are all capable, even though perhaps inexperienced. Please, tell us what's on your mind, sir."

With a simple flourish, Seneia touches both of her horns as a sign of respect. She lowers her gaze slightly, assuming a humbler pose, and remains standing, waiting for Roland to speak.
Sep 24, 2015 5:22 am
Rufio has never been very insightful, nor good with subtlety. Nor staying put in a chair. When Roland called them here to his study and bade them to sit Rufio was the last to do so, and only with great reluctance, prefering to pace about the room like a mad dog. Several times Roland had to tell him to sit back down but in the end, perhaps seeing the futility, or because he was occupied with greater matters, Roland stopped trying to tame the wild youth. Rufio paced furiously, trying to grasp the situation (again, not his strong suit).

Rolls

Insight, in case it still matters. - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Sep 24, 2015 10:21 am
Feylinde nods at Seneia words *she's right, he can ask everything to us*, then looks at Roland with a smile.

Mariutti82 sent a note to Merlin
Sep 24, 2015 12:07 pm
Pondering what Roland said, he tries to think back to what he has heard on the streets, to rumors and stories, to those things only whispered.

Rolls

Insight - (1D20)

(4) = 4

Sep 25, 2015 12:17 am
Merlin sent a note to grandmaster
Merlin sent a note to Jabe.plays.rpg
Roland seems to relax with the encouraging support received by his protégés. He smiles a genuine smile and says, "Thank you. You never cease to amaze me." He glances over at Rufio. "Rufio, please sit down. Actually please all sit down."
Sep 25, 2015 12:23 am
Elden blushes faintly at the praise and raises his head with pride as he waits for Roland to continue.
Sep 25, 2015 3:22 am
"I am reassured you accept this task willingly, even not knowing what it is. I sincerely hope this is a simple task, and I am not putting you in danger." Roland stands, and he bonds his hands behind his bank. His tall imposing frame appears to look bigger with you all seated. "Two evenings ago Milly went missing. You know her don't you?"

The question is rhetorical, because you all do know Milly. She is an out going blonde girl of 14 years old. Although not part of your peer group, everyone knows Milly. She is training to be a bard, and her skill set is very much comedic performance. She really has talent, and regularly entertains the orphanage with her quick wit and off the wall antics. Something of an extrovert, she oozes charisma, and everyone enjoys spending time with her. Now Roland mentions it, you don't recall exactly when you last saw her.

"Well, you may not be aware of this", (he glances at Rufio and Samej), "but we do have a head count every night, and we knew she wasn't here two nights ago. I spent the whole day yesterday looking for her, and I drew on favors and contacts around town to seek rumors about where she might be." He rubs his brow and frowns. "It seems a missing 14 year old orphan is nowhere near the top of people's priorities in a city like this." His tone of voice sounds incredulous. "So, if there is one thing I've learned from years of adventuring, it's we must look after our own!"

"My sources tell me she was kidnapped." His eyes bulge in astonishment as if saying it aloud made the truth real. "Who would do such a thing?... So, we must find her. I mean, you must find her."
Sep 25, 2015 4:56 am
In the silence that follows Roland's words, there is a noticeable snap as Seneia's tail, now moving back and forth restlessly, hits the chair behind her. She glances quickly to the others, wondering whether she should speak aloud her immediate thoughts or not. Would it become as too much of a shock for some of the others?

She decides against it and addresses Roland instead: "Kidnapped? What makes your sources think that? Where would she have been taken to?"
Sep 25, 2015 7:25 am
*Milly? Gone? TAKEN??!!*

Weylan recalls several times when the young girl would find him, brooding in a corner. She always had a smile for him, and could usually make him smile despite the nightmares. Now someone had TAKEN her??!!

"We'll do whatever it takes, Roland. Whoever has taken her, we will find them, and we will get them. And then we'll bring her back. Just tell us where to start."

While waiting for Roland to respond to Seneia (and him), Weylan considers:

*What places or people would we be able to explore better than Roland? Someplace with children/youth? Someplace poor? Someplace hostile to humans or to the church?*
Last edited September 25, 2015 7:26 am
Sep 25, 2015 11:31 am
*Not Milly! She's such a sweet, funny girl. She and I are similar in a lot of ways. Who would take her? And why?* My eyes darken to a charcoal color as my demeanor shifts slightly from my usual joyful, carefree self into that of concern and the edge of an emotion I haven't felt in a long time. I notice a similar look cross Seneia's face, but maybe I'm just projecting my own emotions onto her. It wouldn't be the first time. *If someone did this stupid thing or hurt her in some way, I will make them pay.* And just as quickly, the moment passes and my body language shifts back to normal, although with a bit more effort than usual.

"I'm sure she's fine and just playing a trick on us. We'll have a good laugh about it when she returns. Anyway, where was she last? Where should we look first?"
Last edited September 25, 2015 11:32 am
Sep 25, 2015 11:51 am
"I hope so Alanya." Said Feylinde to her friend *I really hope it, but...*

She didn't expose her worries, preferring to wait for Roland's reply to Seneia question.
Sep 25, 2015 1:02 pm
Elden stares at Roland in open-mouthed shock for a moment, *Someone KIDNAPPED Milly? Sweet, innocent Milly? This will NOT stand,* he thinks to himself.

He stands up and addresses Roland directly, anger on his usual serene face, "We will find her, no matter what it takes. We will find her and bring her back safely, just tell us where to start..." he stops and looks around, realizing that he is letting his anger get out of control he sits down again, "I'm sorry for my outburst, sir."
Sep 25, 2015 4:39 pm
Mariutti82 sent a note to Naatkinson,Merlin
Sep 25, 2015 5:30 pm
Like the others Szent is very fond of Milly and the thought of her being kidnapped sickens him. He tries to remain calm, knowing that he can act rashly when he lets his emotions get the better of him. He looks up Roland and calmly asks, "Where do we start, Sir?"
Sep 25, 2015 10:49 pm
"Yes! Let's not dally! Milly was last seen in The Market. A young rogue saw three cloaked men grab her. The action was swift, and she barely managed to scream, I am told. I was told this by a friend, but he advised I should not talk to the rogue because the kid is skittish." Roland takes a deep breath. "I don't know why Milly was taken. I can tell you the young rogue is called Slink, and he frequents a tavern called the Singing Sword, which is located at the edge of The Market. You need to find out what he knows."
Quote:
The Market - The largest open space in the city is an open marketplace surrounded by stone buildings (many moneylenders and pawnshops among them) that enclose the maze of temporary stalls and carts that appear here day and night. The Market is the best place to haggle for the lowest prices on almost any trade good imaginable, though there's no guarantee of finding anything.
Sep 26, 2015 3:01 am
"Let us gather our belongings and find this tavern."

Realizing that as a paladin in training he might not be the best choice to approach the skittish young rouge Szent adds, "And then we should determine who will talk to this Slink, for I fear a few of us might not have much success in getting him to open up."
Sep 26, 2015 3:06 am
Roland listens to Szent's comment and says, "You may be right, but I think the bigger concern was the age difference. I think you all will have greater success connecting with him than me, as he is a similar age to you all."
Sep 26, 2015 3:43 am
"Oh he'll talk to me, or I'll break him in half! Come on! I know where the Slinging Sword is!" Rufio rushes to the door but remembers his manners. With obvious effort he pauses, "May we go now, Sir Roland?"

Jabes.plays.RPG sent a note to Merlin
Last edited September 26, 2015 6:24 am
load next

Thread locked