OOC Thread

Sep 26, 2015 3:43 pm
It appears many games/forums have an OOC thread for collecting OOC conversations, so.. here ye be.
Oct 4, 2015 3:35 pm
Reading through the beginning adventure again (and checking back with the core rulebook) we won't be making use of Morality/Conflict in this adventure.
Oct 4, 2015 3:36 pm
FaD is designed to reward experience after every "gaming session". in PbP that's, by definition, undefined. The beginning adventure defines when these rewards happen based on progression through the adventure so I'll use those points as indicators.
Oct 7, 2015 11:34 pm
Uh I don't do anything since the thread is locked D=
Oct 8, 2015 1:51 am
Yup, locked thread. I can't post in the adventure.
Oct 8, 2015 4:53 am
Wierd! I'll fix that. Sorry!
Oct 8, 2015 4:54 am
Should be unlocked now. Lemme know?
Oct 8, 2015 12:33 pm
Yep yep it is on... (Spoiler) Aw man cold weather already! (Spoiler) Boooooo!
Oct 9, 2015 3:39 pm
I take it the boxed set doesn't do darkside/lightside chips for the destiny pool. First roll of the game is good and bad. XD
Oct 9, 2015 3:49 pm
Remnant says:
I take it the boxed set doesn't do darkside/lightside chips for the destiny pool. First roll of the game is good and bad. XD
Yah, no destiny points this go 'round. Forgot to mention that along with Morality/Conflict.
Oct 9, 2015 5:53 pm
Damn. I wish I would have known the climbing would be considered Coordination. In the corebook it said any form of climbing, assisted or not, would be Athletics, which is also a Brawn stat, my Brawn blows. Didn't realize just braving the elements would also have been a Brawn check. Lol
Oct 9, 2015 6:08 pm
I think it depends on the type of climbing, agro grag in a dessert environment up the side I would agree on athletics maybe due to it being pretty much based on slogging it up fingers and toes. Coordination for tree top running due to being agility based makes sense to me, unsteady surface versus flat ground.

Since this is my first time with the FFG SW dice I'm interesting to see how storytelling dice work for the advantages and threats though, I'm just glad I didn't fail with threats and come crashing down in a twitching heap... yet.

I was surprised when I figured out there's two different skills for initiative depending on the situation. D=
Last edited October 9, 2015 6:09 pm
Oct 9, 2015 6:31 pm
Well this is what I read in the PHB for Force and Destiny under Athletics:

- All aspects of climbing, including rappelling and swinging on a line, fall under the purview of the Athletics skill. The difficulty of these tasks is calculated based on the surface, incline. and other basic conditions of the surface being climbed.
- Characters who attempt to swim in difficult conditions must check their Athletics. Water conditions, particularly waves, current and tides dictate the overall challenge of any effort to swim.
- A character's vertical and horizontal jump are both determined through use of an Athletics check. Gravitational conditions and the distance required factor in to the difficulty.
- Most characters can run but sprinting or running for an extended time falls under the purview of an Athletics check.

So it looks like running, jumping, and climbing are all under athletics. Balancing on branches however would be coordination, as it is described in the PHB:

- A character may attempt to reduce damage suffered from falling, diminishing the impact by rolling into a tumble upon a successful Coordination check. See Falling, on page 221 , for more information.
- Walking across a narrow surface, whether a wide beam or a thin pipe, requires a tremendous sense of balance and a successful Coordination check.
- Characters can use Coordination to escape from restraints, contorting their limbs at unusual angles so that bindings slip free.
- Crawling through the twists and turns of a sewage pipe, ventilation duct, or garbage chute may require a successful Coordination check to avoid a sudden fall, or worse yet, becoming stuck in place.

I was originally thinking of scrambling up the rocks but I figured it would come under Brawn instead of my Agility. (1 vs 4)

Next time I'll make sure to ask before hand. :)
Last edited October 9, 2015 6:32 pm
Oct 9, 2015 7:00 pm
I'm usually of the reverse mindset I'll say what I want to do and then if it's something wonky I try, if I fail it seemed like a good idea at the time. :)
Oct 9, 2015 8:55 pm
Quick etiquette question -- should I wait for each of you to post before responding, or shall I respond in kind and let you kind of move at your own paces, somewhat? What's typical for PbP that you've enjoyed the most?
Oct 9, 2015 9:27 pm
The problem I've seen on occasion with the "respond in kind" approach is that those who can't keep up get left behind. Usually this only happens at the start of a game and settles down as it goes on. I'm good with either approach; just so you know I can not usually post during the weekdays while at work (eastern time).
Oct 9, 2015 9:50 pm
Honestly since all my games ground to a halt I'm fine either way even weekly if need be. I think a bit of banter though helps fill up the time though or a response to something immediate from other's RP 'should be kosher'. Granted I've been on for a couple of months really so I have no idea what the rule is.
Oct 9, 2015 10:43 pm
Banter is definitely kosher -- I'll experiment a bit -- and don't worry about posting more than about once a day if it works for you. I also have a life outside of PbP and some days I'd wind up being more "talkative" than others depending on work, family, travel, etc. :)
Oct 9, 2015 10:54 pm
I know the feeling. I'm running three games on here too. Some days are busy, some slow, some nothing happens. Just gotta try and find a flow.
Oct 10, 2015 10:57 pm
Tomorrow (sunday) I'll pull you guys through to the next step -- I'm guessing seeker has some real life going on as the BubbleGum game is also paused.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.