New World Order

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 11, 2019 7:39 pm
Let's start with the name of the world. I chose Corvus at the time because I had the Raven Queen as the "creator" of this world. That was a very loose religious idea and was going to evolve and change as we played. It was just one belief of the world.

I was rethinking "Primaterra". It looks a but long but it is the Prime Material World
Feb 12, 2019 12:09 am
I don't think that it is necessarily too long, it is just a bit clustered. If I deciphered it correctly it doesn't need to be a direct translation, Terra=World, you can omit repetition and still get the same pronunciation.

Pri`materra. Pri`matera.
Prima`terra. Prima`tera.
Pri'matera. Prima'tera.
Pri Materra. Pri Matera.
Prima Terra. Prima Tera.
Pri-Materra. Pri-Matera.
Prima-terra. Prima-tera.

It also isn't honestly that bad as is. Just look at
Antarctica
Primaterra

Almost the same length, omit repetition

Antarctica
Primatera

And your fake world actually comes out shorter.
Feb 12, 2019 4:03 am
Ducking nice
Feb 12, 2019 4:03 am
Good job auto correct.
Feb 12, 2019 4:07 am
I like the shorter version. I was going to go through it and break it down some but haven't had the time yet. I also want to know if you guys had other suggestions.
Feb 12, 2019 11:22 am
Where my mind instantly went to when you said the world was created by the Raven Queen is that 'Corvus' is a kind of limbo world where the Raven Queen holds souls until they are passed onto their correct afterlife but that has a number of other connotations and questions that started making my brain hurt (does anyone get 'born' in Corvus or do they just appear when they 'die'? Do people age? Are the things that happen trials? Does the actions you do on 'Corvus' affect the afterlife you are destined for or is that solely based on the actions of your previous 'life'? etc, etc, etc)
Feb 12, 2019 3:55 pm
"Wow...uumm, that is not the reason behind any of my story...yep totally new idea." He said hoping no one would notice the nervousness in his tone.
Feb 12, 2019 5:12 pm
I think my favorite iteration is either Pri'matera or Prima'tera. That said, I do like the shorter version overall though.

I'm shit at coming up with names, let alone for land masses, so I can't help on that front. My custom world was randomly generated.
Feb 12, 2019 6:43 pm
Nice. I'm all for making up names. I try to have every name mean something or come from a place that makes sense in the region. That said there are a lot of people in the world so sometimes I random it, but land masses are thought through.
Feb 20, 2019 10:22 pm
I think that if we're discussing the name of the earth this much in depth, that we'll be scrutinizing the rest of the choices too much to ever get to any iteration of the game.
Feb 25, 2019 4:27 pm
Alright, going with Primatera. It will be spelled or said different in different regions just like here about Earth. I'll have the basic world drawn up soon as well as the main story. Sorry it taking so long.
Feb 25, 2019 10:11 pm
Earth.
Ear.
th.
"Ear-th"
Have fun thinking of that horrible pronunciation every time you see the word Earth.

You're welcome.
Feb 26, 2019 7:35 am
On a roll. I love it. Plan to punish Hyp for his indiscretions has been given a stay of execution.
Feb 26, 2019 5:04 pm
Jokes on you, I'm a masochist.
Feb 27, 2019 6:39 am
Ah. OK then, disadvantage forever. Oh and your hit point max is halved.
Jun 20, 2019 7:47 am
[ +- ] Prima'Tera
This will be the starting map of our world. Start thinking of ways you want to alter or add to it. I need to find a suitable program for us to share an image so we all can alter it.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.