OOC Thread

load previous
Mar 9, 2016 3:17 pm
Sorry about that, Bray notices the door being damaged, but not the light/shadows. Mostly so Rothas can reap the benefit of that sweet stunt roll.
Mar 9, 2016 5:09 pm
That's fine. just curious.
Mar 10, 2016 7:25 am
I'm sorry, but I've forgotten where to find the list of exploration stunts. Thanks!
Mar 10, 2016 8:07 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
I'm sorry, but I've forgotten where to find the list of exploration stunts. Thanks!
It's here. Thanks for the gentle nudge!
Mar 10, 2016 8:20 am
I also scored some points, you see. But I don't know if anything I can buy with 3 points will be helpful now that we're charging in. I'll say Advantageous Position so Grapthor's right next to the door when Rothas throws it open, and first to follow him through.
Last edited March 10, 2016 8:22 am
Mar 10, 2016 8:29 am
Yeah, most of the Exploration Stunts seem more geared toward prolonged spycraft than quick reconnaissance.

As a player, I'd be all for taking our time and planning an attack, but that's not the glorious approach of the stories that comforted this downtrodden elf all the long years of oppression in the alienage. If the door hadn't been busted in, he might've gone the more swashbuckling route of scaling the wall and smashing through the boards on the window, but the thought of more Stilled Tongue monsters to defeat in righteous battle was too much for him.

...that said, it's probably going to just be Braedon, looking for clues.
Last edited March 10, 2016 8:32 am
Mar 11, 2016 1:24 am
Oh, and consider yourselves healed, instead of trying to make sure we have the same numbers after my absence we'll just call you all at full health & MP.
Mar 11, 2016 1:38 am
Woot! Free healing and mana.... crap, my character is superfluous, heh.
Mar 11, 2016 2:41 am
Woot woot!
Mar 13, 2016 9:43 pm
I need 2d6 more damage from Lockley from his turn.
On Lockley's turn you dealt d6+mighty d6 penetrating , then when he failed his save on his turn another 2d6 penetrating
Mar 14, 2016 12:14 am
I'm responding rather late, so let me know if I can still use my 4 points of stunts. I'd like to do Dual Strike if the other cultist is within range.
Mar 14, 2016 12:15 am
Do it up.
Mar 14, 2016 10:34 am
I think you skipped narrating my hit. I hit the first cultist with a lethal attack stunt.
Mar 14, 2016 12:17 pm
Ah yes it looks like I did. I had applied the damage though so he felt it, don't worry.
Mar 15, 2016 5:35 am
Quote:
Grapthor, your action will technically take place after Rothas' next post as his previous post was retroactively applying his dual strike damage.
Oops, sorry for posting out of turn then! :-)
Mar 15, 2016 4:22 pm
I thought Lightning Attack was for ranged attacks only? A couple of times I would've liked to use it but as a melee fighter I thought I couldn't.
Mar 15, 2016 5:22 pm
Hm. It's possible I mis-interpreted it. I was thinking that the description's reference to "range" applied IF the lightning attack was a ranged attack, not BECAUSE it was a ranged attack.
Quote:

3 Lightning Attack: You can make a second attack against the same enemy or a different one within range and sight. You must have a loaded missile weapon to make a ranged attack. If you roll doubles on this attack roll, you do not get any more stunt points.
If lightning attack doesn't apply, I'll Knock Prone instead.
Mar 15, 2016 5:25 pm
spaceseeker19 says:
Hm. It's possible I mis-interpreted it. I was thinking that the description's reference to "range" applied IF the lightning attack was a ranged attack, not BECAUSE it was a ranged attack.
Quote:

3 Lightning Attack: You can make a second attack against the same enemy or a different one within range and sight. You must have a loaded missile weapon to make a ranged attack. If you roll doubles on this attack roll, you do not get any more stunt points.
If lightning attack doesn't apply, I'll Knock Prone instead.
That's a totally valid interpretation! I'd love for it to be applicable to us melee fighters as well 1) because it's cool, and 2) because there are no other 3sp stunts.

Let's see what Grendel says. :-)
Mar 16, 2016 1:51 am
As I read the rules it's these as separate bullet points

- You can make another attack on an enemy.
- the enemy must be within range and sight
- in the event you want the second attack to be ranged you must have a loaded missile weapon
Last edited March 16, 2016 1:51 am
Mar 17, 2016 1:02 am
Yes, phantom, and spaceseeker have it. Melee weapons are definitely applicable
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.