Warsong Setting

Oct 3, 2015 7:51 pm
Note: I am moving this information to my City of Brass account. You can find updated setting info there.

Warsong - Dark Ages

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac23/dmkiado/warsong_hb_logo_zps6xmezcmy.jpg
DM Note: Disclaimer* Please note all of this is subject to change if I find that it was a bad or limiting choice. :)

Introduction
Warsong is a custom home brew setting I am working on, simply for the joy of doing it. While my details may seems sparse and sporadic at times, that is just how I work. Lots of small ideas clicking into bigger ideas. This will be the first time I have run a game in it. What felt somewhat fleshed out doesn't seem quite so fleshed out now that I am trying to use it. :) Regardless, this will encourage, inspire, and help me to put the setting together. I think this is a good platform for what I am doing, as I am going to have to type it all out anyways. While I have the overall story idea, a lot of this will be seat of the pants style DMing. So hopefully the ride is not too bumpy.

I will keep this brief and limited to what we need for the game, but will add details as we go as well. I will probably do a full build somewhere else and will provide a link to more information in the future.

World of Epros
Epros is like many other worlds in the multiverse. It is full of adventure, danger, war, magic, and various races, creatures and Gods. Those that walk it surface, fly above it, or live their lives below the surface worry little about the action in the heavens and only worry about their short fleeting lives. They have little understanding of the bigger picture, the eons of time and all that have come before them. You are one of those many creatures moving about it's surface. Breathing a new life and history into a world reborn.
Deities and Religion
This part I am still fleshing out. It's basically a reworking of the Dawn War deities of 4th Edition, which I liked. The Gods of Warsong will care little about the material plane though and will have little to no interaction with it. Their followers on the other hand are a different story.

Clerics will be few and far between. Only a lucky few get that kind of interaction with the gods, and most any high ranking "clergy" will be simply priests with no true ability. A PC cleric will attract a bit of attention at times.

That doesn't mean the whim's of the gods don't change. Eternal plotting and scheming sometimes spill over to the material plane.

Order of the Heavens
Work in Progress

There are nine main Gods of Warsong. These are the oldest and most powerful of the Gods of Epros. They are aligned as such: three for good, three for neutrality, and three for evil. There will be seven lesser gods, either children of the main gods, creations of those gods, or past elevated beings.

The first nine have existed timelessly and ancient beyond compare, even before the creation of the material plane that Warsong universe exists on. They have little interaction with those on the material plane. The Lesser Deities are the ones usually making moves to gain power or favor or something else from the "Nine" as they call them.

Even these Lesser Gods have little interaction with the material plane, only worried about their status in the heavens. They wait patiently for weakness, or acts of aggression, depending on their motives to try and move up the celestial ladder, or ignore the whole affair all together.

This leaves those on the material plane (at least at the current timeline) to interpret their Gods will, sometimes in terrible and varied ways. The older races such as Elves or Dwarves may remember or at least have a history of when the gods had more interaction with the beings of Epros, and may say that the gods have "abandoned us" based on their perceptions, and they may not be totally wrong.

Game play wise, both the Greater and Lesser Deities are none the less ultra powerful deities. Greater deities will utilize two domains and may cover multiple aspects. Lesser deities will have one domain and will usually cover one aspect.

"The Nine" - "Avatars of Creation"
Amar, God of Justice and Order - Domains: War, Life - Lawful Good
Khali, Goddess of Life - Domains: Life, Light - Neutral Good
Dagoth, God of Creation and Craft - Domains: Knowledge, Trickery - Chaotic Good

Ellon, God of Music and Lore - Domains: Knowledge, Trickery - Chaotic Neutral
Delora, Goddess of Nature, Earth Mother - Domains: Nature, Life - True Neutral
Kyren, God of Storms and Strength - Domains: Tempest, War - Chaotic Neutral

Noruk, God of Destruction and War - Domains: War, Death - Lawful Evil
Vassya, Goddess of Death and Despair - Domains: Death - Chaotic Evil
Bideon, God of Lies and Deceit - Domains: Trickery, Knowledge - Neutral Evil

Lesser Deities
Coming soon. They will cover any other domains and many of the same domains.

More updates to come. Keep checking back.

DM Note: Discuss with me if you want to make divine based PCs, and I will give you current details on deities for your ideas, if I don't have it on here yet.
DM Note: Domains are subject to tweaking, but they are pretty solid on the "Nine", the Lesser Deities should fill out any missing ones, or we can discuss.
Races, and their Nations and Organizations
Races will go along the nations and organizations they represent, if it is exclusive to them. Most places are not too terribly racist, but some areas will be. Half-Orcs will have trouble anywhere. Half-Elves will have trouble with the arrogant Fyndhorn Elves, but may be openly welcomed by the Vandarie Elves. I guess you will all have to wait and see what you encounter.

There are no Dragonborn or Tieflings in my world in the current timeline.

The following nations are either part of the current adventure, or needed for historical or story reasons.

-=|Nations|=-

Kingdom of Myr
Human Feudal Monarchy
The Kingdom of Myr is where the majority of the adventure will take place, and more specifically the town of Stowald within the northern reaches of the Kingdom of Myr.

Myr is the capital city of the Kingdom of Myr. It is far to the south of Stowald. The nation itself is ruled by a King and the Noble families of Myr. They do give the lower class a bit of freedoms though. Generally letting anything from villages to large towns govern themselves. As long as the tax/tribute remains steady this generally works out.

The Dominion
Dictatorship
The Dominion as they have taken to calling themselves is relatively new Empire. They have warred with Myr several times over the last 50 years, but a new Emperor has taken over in the Dominion. He is said to be working with Orcs, Hobgoblins, and other evil creatures. Little comes and goes from The Dominion, so little is known about them outside their own lands. If the rumors are true, the new Emperor is an evil and tyrannical leader, but little is known about him.

The Dominion lands themselves start somewhere above the Kingdom of Myr, north of the city of Stowald. Generally this was Orc territory and all manner of similar creatures, but the major Orc tribes there appear to have retreated back to Dominion lands, and little has been seen of them of late.

Fyndhorn Elves
Elven Feudal Monarchy
The High Elves of Fyndhorn are one of the two races of Elves on Epros. They are an old race, and each elf can live a thousand years or more. They are a Monarchical governed body, by powerful Elven houses. They do plot and scheme for position, but usually just short of bloodshed.

Elves of the Whispering Wood
Elven Matriarchy
The Wood Elves of the world. They are also known as the Vandarie Elves. They live amongst the trees of the Whispering Wood at the southern end of the continent.

Gearhold Gnomes
Gnomish Meritocracy
Gearhold is the legendary Gnome "City of Wonders". It is in the south near the Whispering Wood. All Gnomes will claim they are from Gearhold, even when they are not. The Gnomes are one of the last bastions of magic research, and their city is well guarded by magic and constructs.

Abar, Kingdom Beneath the Mountains
Dwarven Monarchy
There are Dwarves here. More to come.

Free Cities of Dale
Varied Plutocracy
The cities of Dale are free, as claimed. Each towns laws can vary greatly, depending on what kind of money can be made there and in what ways. The cities are ruled by the wealthiest traders who have divided the lands up, tax those working on them, and enjoy their wealth. The politics in the cities vary widely as well. A commoner with skills can make a fine living nearly anywhere in the Free Cities.

Jaskai Empire
Human Monarchy
Desert Nation. All magic is illegal here.

Republic of Gillian
Human Republic
Human nation to the west of Myr.

-=|Organizations|=-

Myr Mining Company
Myr Mining Company is a large mining company in the Kingdom of Myr. They conduct the mining operations in the Rockspires near the town of Stowald.

The Shadow Empire
The single largest criminal organization on the continent. Their influence spreads nearly anywhere their is money and commerce, employing rogues of all manner.

Eternal Night
Eternal Night is an underground cult devoted to the Goddess of Death, Vassya. Hunted and outlawed in nearly all civilized lands, they work in small "cells" to bring about death in the name of their Goddess. Little is known about this organization, as they don't give much information when captured. Being tortured to death only leads them to a greater place in the afterlife beside Vassya.
Notable Locations
DM Note: Much of this information will be presented through the course of play. At least that is the current idea. I will update this section as new information is presented.

Town of Stowald
The town of Stowald and surrounding areas is where the majority of this adventure will take place. I will throw out detail through the course of play.

Rockspires
The Rockspires are to the west of Stowald and they are a unique landscape of different stone pillar formations rising out of rolling hills of grass and cliffs. The areas nearest Stowald there will often be Shepards and sheep found in the grassy hills between the spires and cliffs. There are also wolves and other creatures found in the Rockspires.

The Myr Mining Company has a mining operation in the Rockspires. It requires extra guards due to the various Goblin tribes in the area.
Oct 5, 2015 10:38 pm
Updated "Deities and Relgion"
Oct 6, 2015 5:10 pm
Further updates to "Deities and Religion".

I don't want to give away too much on the Gods yet. To reflect their distance from the current times. For character creation reasons though, and perhaps your study or connection to a deity would give you more information on your particular choice.
Dec 11, 2015 5:00 pm
Updated original thread with City of Brass info.

Thread locked