Rules / House Rules

Oct 5, 2015 1:56 am
We can use this thread for rules questions, house rules, etc. I'll post the stunt point tables here as well as any other information that might end up proving useful to have available for quick reference.
--
Working with Gamer's Plane Dice Roller
--
Be sure to roll checks using 2 separate rolls, the first with 2d6 and the third with 1d6, labeled Dragon Die. It'll be helpful if PCs can look out for doubles in their results, and use up their stunt points appropriately whenever that happens.
We'll ALWAYS use the third die, when rolling 3d6 with the GP roller.
--
Spell Casting
--
If casting a spell requires a test (Constitution(Stamina),Dex(Acrobatics), etc) simply make another roll for the enemy, I may end up posting their defensive stats to make things easier, we'll see how it works out.

In situations where a successful test results in 1d6 instead of 2d6 - flame blast for example, I'll just use the first die rolled from the GP die roller should the test prove successful.
--
Attack Rolls
--
Always roll your damage dice for weapon attacks, regardless of how badly your test result was, you never know...
--
Initiative Order
--
I'd rather if we could each post in initiative order, as that will ensure we can use the dynamic stunt system to full effect. I am flexible regarding special circumstances when one might need to post out of turn, but I'd rather not sort through posts to resolve them in initiative order.
--
Please let me know if any of you ever have concerns, questions or comments, this is my first PbP GM gig, and I can only speak to my own experiences and what I have preferred in the games I've been a part of.
Oct 5, 2015 2:07 am
STUNTS
When doubles are rolled on any combination of the 3d6 --including the dragon die-- stunt points are earned based on the result of the dragon die. They must be used immediately. No stunt may be taken more than one time, except the skirmisher stunt, which may be repeated.

SP COST Name/Effect
1+ Skirmish:You can move yourself or the target of your attack 2 yds in any direction for each SP spent
1 Rapid Reload: You can immediately reload a missile weapon
2 Knock Prone: You knock your enemy prone. Any character making a melee attack against a prone foe gains +1 bonus on the attack roll.
2 Defensive Stance: Your attack sets you up for defense. You gain a +2 bonus to Defense until the beginning of your next turn.
2 Disarm:You attempt to disarm the target with your melee attack. You and your opponent must make an opposed attack roll. These attack rolls do not generate stunt points. If you win the test, you knock your enemy’s weapon 1d6 + Strength yards away in a direction you nominate.
2 Mighty Blow: You inflict an extra 1d6 damage on your attack.
2 Pierce Armour: You find a chink in your enemy's armour. His armour rating is halved (rounded down) vs. this attack.
3 Lightning Attack: You can make a second attack against the same enemy or a different one within range and sight. You must have a loaded missile weapon to make a ranged attack. If you roll doubles on this attack roll, you do not get any more stunt points.
4 Dual Strike:Your attack is so strong it affects two targets. First, pick a secondary target. He must be adjacent to you if you are using a melee weapon or within 6 yards of your primary target if you are using a ranged weapon. Apply the test results of your attack roll to the secondary target. If you hit the secondary target, inflict your normal damage on him.
4 Seize the initiative: Your attack changes the tempo of the battle. You move to the top of the initiative order. This means you may get to take another turn before some of the combatants get to act again. You remain at the top of the order until someone else seizes the initiative.
Oct 16, 2015 1:12 am
SPELL STUNTS

SP COST Name/Effect
1-3 Puissant Casting:Increase the Spellpower of your spell by 1 per stunt poing spent, to a maximum of 3.
2 Skillful Casting:Reduce the mana cost of the spell by 1. This can reduce the mana cost to 0.
2 Mighty Spell:If the spell does damage, one target of the spell of your choice takes an extra d6 damage.
3 Mana Shield:You use the residual mana of the spell casting to set up a temporary protective shield. You gain +2 bonus to Defense until the beginning of your next turn.
4 Fast Casting: After you resolve this spell you can immediately cast another spell. The second spell must have a casting time of a major action or a minor action. If you roll doubles on this casting roll, you do not get any more stunt points.
4 Imposing Spell: The effect of the spell is muh more dramatic than usual. Until the beginning of your next turn, anyone attempting to make a melee attack against you must make a successful Willpower(Courage) test. The TN is 10+ your magic ability. Those who fail must take a move or defend action instead.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.