General Discussion

load previous

DMCInactive forever!

Jan 14, 2016 4:04 pm
"Yes, and..." Is GREAT! It's like Thalisa's intro....no one said she worked there or was assuming an alias. I just posted it, and hoped people would roll with it. As long as you're not detracting or working to hinder or sabotage someone else's ideas, just go with it.....AND build on it! :D
Jan 14, 2016 4:24 pm
I think all of you guys have added something cool here, and taken it way differently then I had predicted/assumed, which is what makes it interesting. I was hoping you guys would be ok with a "Hey, you tell me." approach to that start.

I think Spaceseeker is the only one of us that isn't a DMB forum junkie, and may be like "what the hell are these guys talking about". Spaceseeker we all listen to the Dungeon Masters Block podcast, and we all frequent their forums. You may know all this already, if you follow any of us on twitter. They did an episode on "Improvisation" so we are all gung ho to test out the topic discussed. :)
Jan 14, 2016 4:36 pm
DMKiado says:
They did an episode on "Improvisation" so we are all gung ho to test out the topic discussed. :)
Nope. Not what has sparked me on this game.

You have Kiado. How you allowed me to collaborate with you on building Galas and let me shape a corner of your world. That is what lit a fire in me. Its got me feeling like I'm telling as story as much as participating in one!

I think that's an important lesson for any and all GMs. If you give your players room to create in your world, you can build some serious buy-in with them!

DMCInactive forever!

Jan 14, 2016 4:38 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
DMKiado says:
They did an episode on "Improvisation" so we are all gung ho to test out the topic discussed. :)

You have Kiado. How you allowed me to collaborate with you on building Galas and let me shape a corner of your world. That is what lit a fire in me. Its got me feeling like I'm telling as story as much as participating in one!

I think that's an important lesson for any and all GMs. If you give your players room to create in your world, you can build some serious buy-in with them!
This. 1000% this.

Allowing your players to collaborate and help you world-build, is awesome.

DMCInactive forever!

Jan 14, 2016 4:51 pm
Live Chats. Anyone have any messaging programs/apps they use?

If ever you want to chat me up in real-time, here's my info.

AIM: Xanthais
Yahoo IM: Viceroy_Craig
Google (G+, Hangouts, etc.): craig.haasis@gmail.com
Jan 14, 2016 5:12 pm
DMC says:
Friar_Tuk says:
DMKiado says:

This. 1000% this.

Allowing your players to collaborate and help you world-build, is awesome.
Thanks guys. It helps me immensely as well. You guys are creating things that I wouldn't have, or differently then I would have, which breaks my mold, and gives me things that aren't mine to weave in, and inspires story. My story is rapidly evolving to react to you guys, getting better in my opinion.

Hopefully it all comes out well, and the encounters are good (this is where I worry most), etc.
DMC says:

Yeah, same here.
Google (G+, Hangouts, Emails) - kiadothegamer@gmail.com (Preferred)
Skype - dm_kiado
Jan 14, 2016 5:15 pm
DMKiado says:
DMC says:

Yeah, same here.
Google (G+, Hangouts, Emails) - kiadothegamer@gmail.com (Preferred)
Skype - dm_kiado
I don't do the skype thing, but I can be found on gmail at ahbleecker@gmail.com
Jan 14, 2016 5:36 pm
Then hangouts it is. Kjmagle@att.net

Our EotE uses hangouts and roll20 to play
Jan 14, 2016 6:07 pm
Is there a hangouts already started? I'm rhennesy@gmail.com
Jan 14, 2016 7:16 pm
Tea, I need to talk to you sometime soon. If you can hit me up on Google do that, if not PM me here.
Jan 14, 2016 8:00 pm
DMC, how actively are you trying to deceive and cover your lapse? What I mean is: do you want to roll opposed Deception vs. Insight to see if Galas noticed, or are you ok with me narratively deciding behind the scene?
Jan 14, 2016 9:23 pm
Anyone have any problems with this game being public let me know. I am about to make it public so that a Joatmoniac can follow along.

DMCInactive forever!

Jan 14, 2016 9:54 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
DMC, how actively are you trying to deceive and cover your lapse? What I mean is: do you want to roll opposed Deception vs. Insight to see if Galas noticed, or are you ok with me narratively deciding behind the scene?
The white-knuckle thing on the serving tray? Completely up to you. You posted that you were looking into her eyes for the first time. Would you have seen her hands? Then again, I'd guess a Paladin of Justice is used to dealing with people and determining deceit vs. truth. Did he likewise see something on her face?

Doesn't matter to me either way. I'll roll with whatever. How's that for a non-answer? HA HA HA
Jan 14, 2016 9:55 pm
DMC says:
Doesn't matter to me either way. I'll roll with whatever. How's that for a non-answer? HA HA HA
In that case I will not roll dice and just keep my cards close to my chest. This may come up later, or not.
Jan 14, 2016 9:59 pm
Lets try and not kill her in the first scene of the game. :) haha
Jan 15, 2016 10:40 pm
I want to say, you guys are master players, and this has far exceeded my expectations in only the short time we have gone through. All of you made intros well beyond the scope of what I guessed. I will try and pay you guys back for your skills with a good world to take part in. *crosses fingers*

Spaceseeker, I love the dream sequences, and I may have to talk you into developing me a full story for Kagaron, if anything just for some good old history for my world. So you keep up the dream sequences or however you want to play out that aspect of your character, because I love it. I will handle what your "master" needs from you. :)

You guys have a long road ahead to see the end of this, but I hope we see it. You guys are inspiring as players so if you are down, I will do my best to finish this out and match you guys, and your skills. Proud DM here.
Jan 22, 2016 10:24 pm
Ok, so this week slowed down a little. I will start interjecting story real soon, so if you find the thread locked suddenly, it means I am working on something. I will do this sometime over the weekend, so we have more focus next week. I like that you guys have taken this, and already started building character involvement with each other. Something tells we you guys might need some friends in the coming times. ;)
Jan 22, 2016 11:33 pm
"Grumble grumble people grumble" - Oswald

Ok sounds good.
Last edited January 22, 2016 11:33 pm
Feb 1, 2016 7:40 pm
I will be catching up on this real soon. Had a rough end of last week, and had to do some life assessment over the weekend, and celebrate my mom's birthday. I will get this going again today or tonight.
Feb 5, 2016 7:07 pm
Friar_Tuk sent a note to DMKiado,DMC
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.