Episode 1.1 - Bpfassh

Oct 9, 2015 12:43 am
(OOC: If you haven't updated your character with the 20xp awarded for E1.0, read this post and get yer XP now.)

Landfall on Bpfassh was swift and rough, though not especially difficult for Mado. The spaceport was currently on the night side of the planet, and experiencing a moderate dust storm. In spite of the shields, the fine silt and sand bounced from the hull audibly. In fact, the ship practically hissed and sang with it.

As the Turtle had offloaded their cargo at Svivren and hadn't taken any aboard, there was little to do after landing other than arrange for refueling the ship. And perhaps run a purge cycle on the engines to clear out the dust.

A weatherbeaten protocol droid approached the ship, its chest prominently emblazoned with the Bpfasshi Spaceport Authority logo.
Oct 9, 2015 8:50 pm
As the ramp drops, Khan steps out and surveys the area for any potencial threats before the Doc gets off the ship.

Rolls

Perception

2 Success

Total: 2 Success

Oct 10, 2015 12:49 pm
The only threat Khan spots is the oily silt that seems to cover the droid. If it touched you, the mess probably wouldn't wash out of your clothes for ages. The droid is operational but looks ancient and in disrepair.
Oct 10, 2015 3:53 pm
Wuc'vulog joins Khan, frowning at the oily droid. "You there, what's the protocol? We need to talk to someone to park our ship here?"

He walks past the droid and eyes the dust storm. His extra eyelashes furled against the dust. He turns back to Khan and claps him roughly on the shoulder. "Just like home!"
Oct 13, 2015 10:59 pm
The droid staggers several paces closer and swivels its torso to follow Wuc'vulog's movements. A peculiar grinding noise sounds, transitions to static for a brief second, then finally the droid's vocabulator activates.

"... yyyy-YES. The customary docking fee is 1,500 credi-tssss per day, not including fu-ellllll, waste disposal, mainten-nnnnnance, or other ssservices. If you would care to make a deposit no lesssss than 1,500 credits, you may stay and take ccc-care of your business. Otherwise, you will hAave toooo ... leave."

(OOC: anyone witnessing the conversation is free to make a Streetwise check.)
Oct 15, 2015 2:25 pm
Looking to Wuc'volog with an eyebrow raised, Khan chuckles. "My home is completely covered in water. The entire planet is one big ocean." After glancing at the droid, Khan heads back inside the ship. "I'll ask the Doctor if she's got the fee covered for us. I hope the money we'll make here will be worth it."
Oct 15, 2015 2:34 pm
Wuc'vulog looks suspiciously at the droid, casually fingering his blaster. "You okay, friend? You look like you just crawled off the scrap heap."

Rolls

Streetwise - is 1500 a scam?

1 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Total: 1 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Oct 15, 2015 2:59 pm
As the others barter with the droid I step off the ship and casually survey the area. I stretch my limbs, check my equipment and make a point of tasting a bit of the sand.

Rolls

Perception (Mado being weird)

2 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 2 Success, 2 Advantage

Oct 16, 2015 1:26 am
Wuc'vulog – your gut tells you that the droid's price is either high, or its scamming you. (More on the triumph momentarily.)

Mado – the sand tastes mostly normal, but you cannot detect traces of any solvents, fuels, or the chemicals you'd expect near a landing pad or spaceport. Because you were paying attention, you spot the figure in the distance first.

A human in a gray jumpsuit with a Bpfasshi Spaceport Authority patch on his shoulder approaches quickly. His expression is irritated, but you can't here what he's yelling till he just about arrives at the Turtle. In his left hand is a hydrospanner, and his right is stretched out in a clear "wait!" gesture. As he reaches the ship, he about doubles over gasping.

"Wait! Don't pay B1-G1 here! B1 hasn't worked for the spaceport authority for almost 40 cycles, and was fired for graft and hacking spaceport operations. You're actually on an emergency landing pad, almost 250 meters from the rest of the spaceport."

At this B1-G1 hastily rotates and starts clanking away. "I hate you Cc-Case! You grind mmy gears!"

"I'm pretty certain B1 bribes several beings in the spaceport authority to redirect ships and scam them. Glad I saw you landing, in this storm I just about missed you." Case offers his hand, "I'm Case, a mechanic with the spaceport here."
Oct 16, 2015 4:46 am
"Morning, Case, Wuc'vulog. This is our pilot, Mado. I suppose we need to move to the spaceport proper." Wuc'vulog claps him warmly on the shoulder and eyes the droid. "Why is B1-G1 not wiped and reprogrammed then? He must cut into spaceport profits."
Oct 16, 2015 1:23 pm
I reach out to shake Case's hand, "The pleasure is mine." I take a moment to survey the sky then turn towards the Turtle, "If we need to move, just let me know where to; although it may be prudent to wait out the dust storm." As I near the ship I begin to walk around her, surveying the hull for any damage caused by flying through the storm. While it's unlikely that there's more than scratches and nicks, one can never be too careful - especially if you plan to take a hunk of sealed metal into space. One leak is all it takes.

How does spending force points/using force powers work again? I'm just trying to figure out how I would go about using Sense should I want to.

Rolls

Perception (inspecting the hull, not expertly mind you)

3 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 3 Success, 2 Advantage

Oct 20, 2015 1:19 am
(OOC: Candi, usually you roll your force rating in force dice first, then determine how to spend those points to activate your abilities. There's usually a base cost for the power, then any enhancements on top of that cost. You can reference the specialization sheets on page 36; roll a minimum of 1 point D/L to activate your ability.)

Case smiles genuinely and shakes Mado's hand, and nods at Wuc'vulog.

"Well, B1 helps certain criminal as well as bribable interests. We've never been quite able to expunge its access, so B1's pretty skilled at hacking from the inside," Case shrugged. "It's just as well that B1-G1 is relatively harmless."

Mado's hull inspection doesn't turn up anything worrisome because the sand and grit doesn't appear to be causing damage. At worst it appeared to be dirtying the Turtle, making its paint job look very dingy.

"Y'know, most space vessels have adequate navigational shielding to guard against dust storms like these. We'd need to be in environmental suits before the hull would get damaged," Case offered. "You don't necessarily need to move into the spaceport—it's peaceful out here and is a lot harder for someone to sneak up on you."
Oct 20, 2015 6:26 am
"A benefit I'm very interested in."

Khan steps back out of the Turtle.

"So it looks like docking fees are a no then?"
Oct 20, 2015 7:42 am
I return from my brief, unnecessary inspection, nodding in agreement, "Then perhaps it was to our advantage that B1 tried to scam us.". As I approach Case I feel as if I am coming to know him well. Maybe I have met him before. I know I've never been on Bpfassh, but who can say who you have and haven't crossed paths with in a cantina on a lone moon circling an unnamed planet. I shake the feeling, then look around and see who hasn't disembarked. I hit the communicator, "Looks like we're staying parked here."

I think that's the right die. If I get 1 L/D power, I'm using Sense on Case to sense his current emotional state. If I get 2 L/D the second one will be spent to sense all living things within short range (including sentient and non-sentient beings), because there's nothing else to spend it on ; )

Rolls

Force Power - Sense

2 Black Force Points

Oct 22, 2015 6:11 pm
Seven strolls up to the Spaceport Authority Officer, gestures a thumb at the retreating droid and says, "If you want, it wouldn't take me too long to disassemble it, clean it up and put it back together as a more compliant and trustworthy machine."
Oct 24, 2015 2:13 pm
"Charge? Nah, not if you're friends with Mado." Case grins and winks at Mado, "I guess that makes us even."

With a gesture at the tool in his hand Case gives a half-wave and turns toward the spaceport. "If you want to do something about the droid, I suggest that instead of altering B1 (which would anger its friends) you could try and expunge him permanently from the spaceport's systems. That'd be just as effective, and probably irritate B1 more."

"Call me if you need anything," Case then says his communicator code and waves.

Dr. Eliasen walks out of the cargo bay and approaches Khan. "Valoris, when we treated you in the medbay I used some of my prototype meant for the conference. Since I wasn't able to bring much of the components along, I'd like you to buy the necessary chemicals and drugs I need while we're here. This credstick should have enough to cover the costs." She passes a credstick and a datapad with the list of components to Khan. "This sounds like a safe place, and after the Svivren I think I should lay low for a bit. So I'll stay here with the ship if you'll do the shopping for me. We'll seal up tight and call if anything happens."

"Don't get shot this time, please?" She gives Khan a concerned look, then looks at the others too. "Seriously, please try and keep out of trouble if you can."
Oct 24, 2015 5:12 pm
"The only thing I'm going to promise is these components." Valoris smiles at the doctor. "I'll try not to rush any heavy blasters while we're here."
Oct 25, 2015 9:40 am
"Well," I say to everyone once Case is out of earshot, "Looks like I have met him before. At least it was apparently a good arrangement Case and I had. There's always a risk that when you meet someone you don't remember meeting that there's a good reason you forgot." I smile at the doctor, "Is there anything else you need while we're about?"
Oct 25, 2015 4:49 pm
"That should be a good cover. Remember, we're really here to look for something valuable." Wuc'vulog spies Dr. Eliason looking dubious. He continues, "If we don't find it before the conference, we can deliver the good doctor and return."

Wuc'vulog retrieves the datapad and tries to discern where to begin their search.
Oct 25, 2015 9:26 pm
"This should be a cakewalk. Anything on that list look hard to come by?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.