Game Posts

Oct 10, 2015 3:45 pm
For when we are ready
Oct 20, 2015 12:04 am
You are brought forth from your studies and other duties to discuss important matters with High Justice Zalsibar. He is the highest ranking official in your order. As you wait in a formal office, a door opens down the hallway and you hear footsteps get closer. In through the door comes the High Justice. He is wearing the formal robes of the order of the Crimson Crusade, flowing red ones that cover up mail armor underneath. At his side is the mace Truthebringer, most of you have never laid eyes upon it. He motions for you all to have a seat.

"I am sure you are wondering why I would ask an audience with you. Well, I have asked the commanding officers for their best initiates, and they assure me you are it. We have a bit of a problem. It seems we have some adventurers causing some problems. They feel the need to sway the balance and bring back great evil to the world. We, as you know, will have to put an end to it. I am afraid they have quite a head start on us though. I am going to send you on a few gathering missions first, as to prepare you for the impending fight with them. I will have one of my subordinates give you the orders, each place you are going will be for a piece of armor or weaponry of great power. These items have been monitored by us for sometime, but we did not want to forcefully take them until the time was dire. The first place you will need to go is to Quantus. Just outside of the city, their are some wild elves that hold a bow of great power. This will be the first item you will need to get, by force or by negotiation, your choice. If there are no questions, make haste as the evil grows stronger." The High Justice explains.
Oct 20, 2015 6:54 pm
"Great High Justice" Argos bows with utmost respect. "What do we know of these elves? Do they abide by the tenets of the Crusade? We shall ensure that they do now add to the growing imbalance in the world by keeping this wondrous item to themselves." At the mention of wondrous items, Argos can't help but steal a glance at the glorious Trutheseeker on the Justice's belt.

Rolls

History maybe, to see if I know of Quantos and the elves? +2 - (1d20+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Oct 20, 2015 6:59 pm
Tethys bows low before the High Justice, "It will be as you say, sir, balance must be maintained by whatever means necessary," he says levelly, always prepared to do the will of the Crusade.

I hope we will be able to take the bow without using force, the last thing I want to do is spill blood unnecessarily, he thinks to himself as he tries to recall anything he may know about the elves or the area that may help in their cause.
Last edited October 20, 2015 7:06 pm

Rolls

History, do I know anything about the area or the elves there? - (1d20+1)

(7) + 1 = 8

Oct 20, 2015 10:27 pm
"Elfies, eh? Hopefully it won't come to force" the halfling thinks to herself as she notices the others bowing to the High Justice. Never learning the proper etiquette for these types of situations she looks up to Zalsibar and performs a very awkward looking curtsy. "I wish they'd have covered how to handle oneself in these types of situations back at the monastery."

"We will retrieve the bow as you wish, sir!"
Oct 20, 2015 11:04 pm
"This bow will be for your archer, to help fight off the oncoming foes. The other items will fit for the rest of your elite group. Remember, do what you must, these wild elves have no connection with the other elves of this world and are outcasts. I dare say, the dwarves that reside in Quantus would be glad to be rid of them." Says the High Justice. "See, Alfred on your way out and he will make sure you have passage and will give you the rest of my missives."
Oct 20, 2015 11:41 pm
Vikent bows deeply and with flourish. "Thank you for the opportunity and trust, High Justice. We shall endeavour to succeed."
Oct 21, 2015 4:10 am
Cuon, the elf, tries to remember what he knows of the elves of Quantus. "If they are outcasts -- can you remind us of what caused them to be so? Perhaps we can bring them back into the fold and not only get them to remove themselves from Quantus, and the dwarves there, but also acquire this artefact." He fidgets slightly with a feather for used for fletching, "Failing that, if justice demands we take a stronger action with them, certainly we can and will do so. I am mindful that force of arms is not always the best way to proceed, however."

Rolls

Do I know of the elves of Quantus? - (1d20+2)

(14) + 2 = 16

Oct 21, 2015 9:33 am
"Well, history tells us that after the fall of the lesser gods, these elves slayed their leader and fled the others. The actual details are unknown to us though." He replies.

That is all that is known of these elves.
Oct 21, 2015 6:25 pm
Cuon nods. If they are kinslayers, there may not be an opportunity to negotiate. He turns to the other initiates, "Is anyone familiar with the terrain of Quantus? I've not yet had the opportunity to spend significant time there." Cuon frowns, "If these are wooded mountains, we may have somewhat of a challenge coaxing our... objective, out of hiding."
Oct 21, 2015 10:09 pm
Kicsi shakes her head in response to Cuon's query. "I've never traveled close enough to Quantus to know anything about the terrain in that area. The more I hear of these elves, however, I think terrain may be the least of our troubles."
Oct 22, 2015 1:19 pm
"I haven't been there, either," Vikent says distractedly. Fascinated by the bloodiest aspects of history, Vikent tries to recall anything relevant that he may have learned about that time.

Rolls

History check - (1d20+4)

(13) + 4 = 17

Oct 22, 2015 1:56 pm
"I'm not familiar with this particular group of elves, my tribe was far from there," Tethys says after thinking for a moment, then turns to the High Justice, "Please excuse us sir, we will make haste and return with the bow as soon as possible," with that he bows and turns to leave and find Alfred.
Oct 22, 2015 11:38 pm
Vikent doesn't recall much about these elves. It is possible that the history of this was covered up as the elves tend to handle their own problems internally.
Oct 22, 2015 11:40 pm
Tethys sees an elderly man waiting just outside the door. He has an armful of papers and seems to be waiting.
Oct 23, 2015 1:15 am
Cuon nods to his gathered associated and follows Tethys out the door, having nothing more to ask the High Justice -- who seems all too ready to be quit of the initiates.
Oct 23, 2015 1:32 am
Tethys approaches the man with the papers and says, "You must be Alfred? My name is Tethys and the High Justice told us you have something for us?"
Oct 23, 2015 1:56 am
"Yes, I have these maps and documentation of the items you will be retrieving. There is a ship in the docks waiting on you to set sail from Wyrmford, to the coast by Quantus and the woods." Alfred replies.
Oct 23, 2015 2:22 am
"Mmm. Woods. Not a great sign." Cuon notes. He gestures to Tethys, "Do you need a hand with any of that?"
Oct 23, 2015 2:56 am
"Thank you Alfred, how soon can the ship leave?" He says, then turns to Cuon, "Yes, some help would be greatly appreciated, thank you."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.