Unknown Planet - Leokri Moresal

Oct 11, 2015 1:42 pm
After tracking a sith infiltrator for weeks, you've finally found your chance. On a forested planet, the Sith managed to find a small outpost to put down in and make repairs to his ship after slipping away from your last attempt to stop him. You follow close behind in your starfighter.

I need you to roll a force die to build your destiny pool.
Oct 11, 2015 2:52 pm
As a merely competent pilot, rather than an excellent one, Leokri opts to set his starfighter down far enough away to safely not arouse suspicion. The element of surprise will be important in apprehending this infiltrator, he feels, so it's best to keep it. Upon setting down Leokri instructs the astromech unit in the fighter to "Hold tight. If you see signs of trouble, you may withdraw to a safer distance. I should comm you within the next few hours. If you don't hear within a day, pull back into orbit and transmit a distress call to the Jedi council."

Rolls

Force Die for Destiny Pool

1 Black Force Point

Oct 11, 2015 9:05 pm
The astromech whistles a confirmation, then settles in to wait. All around you are towering trees. Away to the north is the outpost you saw the Sith land at.
Oct 12, 2015 1:54 am
Leokri sets off to the north, using the trees as cover and attempting to move with stealth. Breathing deeply, he remembers the words of master Oola and extends his perception of the Living Force to be more aware of his surroundings. Leokri does not want to be caught by surprise if he can help it -- and he tries to pay special attention to spot sensors or lookouts that may warn of his arrival.

OOC: Will roll stealth, and am committing a Force die to Seek/Control to upgrade Vigilance and Perception checks. Success with a triumph, it looks like.
Last edited October 14, 2015 5:46 pm

Rolls

Stealth

2 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Total: 2 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Triumph

1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Oct 13, 2015 3:30 am
It'll be 1 purple for the difficulty.
Oct 14, 2015 5:47 pm
OOC: Sorry for the delay, was travelling on work yesterday. Back 'til next Tuesday.
Oct 15, 2015 3:49 am
You moves silently through the forest with out making a single sound. You spot a sensor on your way but are able to navigate around it without much trouble. When you reach the edge of the tree line you can see the outpost has high grey brick walls on this side with a guard tower at each corner.
Oct 15, 2015 4:10 am
Leokri pauses and extends attempts to see who, or what are in the guard towers. After that he will observe the outpost's walls -- looking for a weak point -- something that will either allow him to scale the walls easily or, perhaps to quietly make his way... through the wall. Perhaps with his lightsaber.

Seeing into the tower: 2 failure 2 advantage
Perceiving a weakness: 3 success 1 threat
Last edited October 17, 2015 2:59 am

Rolls

See what's in the guard towers. Perception

1 Success, 4 Advantage

Total: 1 Success, 4 Advantage

Attempt to find a weakness in the tower - also Perception I believe.

3 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 3 Success, 2 Advantage

Seeing into the tower

3 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 3 Failure, 2 Threat

Spotting a weakness

3 Threat

Total: 3 Threat

Oct 17, 2015 1:23 am
3 purple for seeing inside the tower, 2 purple for spotting a weakness.
Oct 18, 2015 2:07 pm
From your vantage point, you are unable to see into the guard tower, but you do spot a path you could easily climb over the wall, but it'll take you past whatever is in the guard tower.
Oct 21, 2015 4:41 am
Leokri will move, stealthily past the guard tower in order to be able to surmount the wall.

OOC: let me know difficulty and i'll do a combined roll.
Oct 23, 2015 12:48 am
3 purple for the Stealth roll.
Oct 23, 2015 1:20 am
Leokri sneaks

Rolls

Agility 2, Stealth 1, 3 difficulty

1 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Failure, 3 Threat

Total: 2 Threat

Oct 27, 2015 1:12 am
As you attempt to sneak past the guard tower, a guard comes running out and shouts, "You there! Stop where you are."

Take 2 strain from the for the threat, from the stressful climb.
Oct 27, 2015 8:20 pm
"Poodoo," Leokri mutters. His hand gets ready near his lightsaber and he smiles, menacingly, at the guard. "This base is pitiful. Have you men no respect for our enemy? This pathway is something a jedi could easily climb -- and perhaps do so with subterfuge, getting in amongst our lines before anyone saw them." Leokri turns and spits at the wall and then back to the guard, "Thankfully, we have at least one guard here who seems to be paying attention. Who are you that I might speak well of you to your superiors?"

Total result: 4 success, 3 threat.
Last edited October 28, 2015 3:09 am

Rolls

A deception role - difficulty forthcoming.

4 Success, 1 Advantage

Total: 4 Success, 1 Advantage

difficulty dice + a boost

4 Threat

Total: 4 Threat

Oct 28, 2015 2:53 am
It'll be 3 purple, but with a blue from the compliment and his confusion at the situation.
Oct 28, 2015 3:15 am
DarthWash says:
It'll be 3 purple, but with a blue from the compliment and his confusion at the situation.

Updated.
Last edited October 28, 2015 3:15 am
Oct 31, 2015 1:05 am
"Uh yeah. I'm Ensign Barret Tai. I'll call my supervisor to let her know you've arrived. It shouldn't take her too long to meet with someone of your importance. .. Mr?" The guard reaches in his coat and pulls out a handheld comm.
Oct 31, 2015 3:03 am
Leokri reaches out a hand and pulls the comlink to him with the Force. "Don't bother, Ensign. I'd prefer to make my presence known in my own way, if you would. Thank you for a job well done." He tosses the comm back to Ensign Tai to show that his use of the Force was but a demonstration and he's not denying the ensign a tool to get his job done. "You should return to your duties and keep an eye out for any interlopers."
Last edited October 31, 2015 3:05 am

Rolls

Move power activate!

2 White Force Points

Nov 1, 2015 9:37 pm
"Uh er, yes my lord. Sorry if I presumed too much. I will redouble my efforts to keep watch now my lord." the guard says, obviously still uneasy with the situation. He heads back into the guard tower and begins staring intently at the camera feeds.
Nov 1, 2015 9:58 pm
Leokri looks around, imperiously, getting the lay of the land. Looking for his target.

OOC: Am I meant to eliminate or capture the target?
Nov 1, 2015 11:24 pm
ooc: I'll leave that up to you. If it is within character then kill, but if that goes against your character's beliefs too much then the council would have ordered you to capture him.
Nov 1, 2015 11:28 pm
ooc: well -- as a Sentinel, I'm skirting the dark side and deployed as a 'sith hunter' so I suspect usually my job is to stick a lightsaber into some deserving dark side user.

can you describe the layout of the base, rough # of people, etc. that I get from this vantage point?
Last edited November 1, 2015 11:28 pm
Nov 3, 2015 2:17 am
The wall around the outpost is square with a guard tower at each corner, which you can assume has a guard in each. Closest to you is a hanger large enough for a couple fighters or a mid sized freighter. In the middle is a clearing for the ships to take off from which is where the sith's fighter is parked and being worked on by a human. On the other side of the clearing is a larger building. Inside of the walls people seem more relaxed. You can see around 5 beings milling about including the mechanic, though you do not see the Sith you were tracking.
Nov 6, 2015 4:17 am
OOC: Sorry for the delay, faffing about a bit while I consider how to proceed. Movies/etc. suggest to me I ought to be able to waltz in and the only threat is the Sith -- having GM'd a bit, I suspect otherwise. =)
Nov 6, 2015 8:30 pm
"In for a slug, in for a Hutt, I suppose." Leokri mutters to himself and hops down off the wall and proceeds to imperiously head towards the large building containing the Sith. If he gets the feeling that the large building has an... unhelpful, number of beings associated with it, he'll change course to the fighter and begin sneering at the mechanic asking what he's up to. Otherwise, he'll continue in towards the building in order to locate the agent he's after and he'll worry about getting out of here when the time comes.
Nov 7, 2015 7:17 pm
As you approach the main building, you don't get the sense of numerous lifeforms on the inside, but you do get suspicious looks from most who see you, though no one stops you.
Nov 8, 2015 12:39 am
Leokri will continue in, looking for his quarry.
Nov 8, 2015 6:44 pm
As you step into the building, the hatch shuts tight behind you and all the lights go out leaving you in total darkness. After a moment a door across the room opens with light shining in through it.
Nov 8, 2015 7:14 pm
"Son of a Hutt. I should have seen that one coming, I suppose." Leokri shrugs, and rolls his shoulders, ensuring he's nice and limber. With the Force, he continues to focus in the background on what's going around him, giving him an edge on seeing and reacting to things. He considers igniting his lightsaber, but rather just takes it into his hand -- and calmly proceeds down the corridor.

OOC: Seek has a Force die committed, so I should have a boost on perception and vigilance.
Nov 9, 2015 11:10 pm
As you walk through the door, it shuts behind you while the next one opens slowly leading you through the building. After a few more rooms like that, you come into a brightly lit room with a large desk in the middle. On the other side sits the red skinned six you had been tracking. He smiles as you enter. "Ah Mr. Moresai is it? I was wondering how long it would take you to get caught up. Can I interest you in a cup, of wine? I have the best Alderanian wine imported to here. It seems we've got a lot to discuss."
Nov 10, 2015 7:20 pm
Leokri arches an eyebrow and sets his lightsaber back upon its belt. "Importing Republic wine, don't you have your own producers?" He approaches the desk, looking for an appropriate place to sit. "I suppose a small glass wouldn't be remiss."
Nov 12, 2015 2:57 am
"Ah, excellent." He speaks into the comm on his desk, "Please bring in the wine dear, ir you would. One for me, and one for our guest." He turns back to Leokri and indicates the chair opposite him, "Please, have a seat and lets get to the matter at hand. I know you've been sent to kill me for spying on your Republic. Now I've got an opportunity for you. See, I've been spying on your side for the 'great and powerful' sith empire, but in reality, the only side I actually care about is my own.

The serving girl enters and hands a glass of wine to the sith, and another to you.

"Thank you dear." he tells her as she leaves the room, then takes a deep drink from his glass. "Now, what I propose is you and I work together. See I've found a way to get all of a very large fortune from the death of on of my superiors, but sadly am unable to do so on my own. But with your help, we could take him out."
Nov 12, 2015 7:49 pm
Leokri cocks an ear. "And who is this superior?" He tastes the wine, gingerly, aware that it may be tainted. "I'm not likely to just go and do some dirty work because it's convenient, after all -- that's not what I do." He looks up at the agent, "My job is the capture or elimination of Sith and their allies, after all."
Nov 15, 2015 1:21 am
I'll need a 3 purple Resilience check from you.
Nov 15, 2015 4:48 pm
Br 2, Skill 0.

Rolls

Resilience (Br)

2 Success, 2 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 2 Threat

Nov 17, 2015 3:32 am
Just after you drink the wine, you feel lightheaded and exhaustion begins creeping in to your limbs

You take 7 strain.
Nov 17, 2015 4:02 am
Leokri frowns as he sets the wine down. "Really, drugged wine?" He stands and the lightsaber ignites, "It seems like our negotiations are at an end, since they weren't in good faith." His blade reaches across the desk to confront the agent.
Nov 17, 2015 4:10 am
Go ahead and roll initiative please.

Rolls

Agent's initiative

3 Success, 1 Advantage

Total: 3 Success, 1 Advantage

Nov 17, 2015 4:13 am
Initiative.

Rolls

Vigilance, plus commited force die.

2 Success

Total: 2 Success

Nov 17, 2015 4:20 am
The agent falls back with his chair, rolls backwards and comes up with a blaster pistol in hand. He takes a snap shot at the jedi.

Rolls

Ranged light

4 Advantage, 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Failure, 3 Advantage

Nov 17, 2015 4:22 am
Leokri hops and slides across the desk, landing engaged with the agent and swings the lightsaber at the double-crossing agent.

OOC: That'd be 12 damage, plus breach 1.
Last edited November 17, 2015 4:30 am

Rolls

Lightsaber attack

6 Success, 2 Threat

Total: 6 Success, 2 Threat

Nov 17, 2015 4:33 am
The attack cuts deep into the agent's side, nearly cutting him completely in half. His eyes go wide as he sees the damage done to his body, then his face fills with pure hatred. He raises his hands and snarls.

You get immobilized for a round and take 1 wound.

Rolls

Force bind

2 White Force Points, 1 Black Force Point

Nov 17, 2015 4:36 am
Leokri struggles, unsuccessfully against the binding claws of the Force.

OOC: I don't see any way to resist Force Bind in the CRB, so I assume given RAW there's no option other than to stay put until the end of his next turn.

Rolls

Discipline vs. discipline...

1 Success, 1 Advantage, 3 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Nov 17, 2015 4:38 am
OOC: let's do dicipline vs dicipline otherwise this is just cheat mode and you can hold someone there till they die.

It'll be 2 purple 1 red for the difficulty to break free from his hold.
Nov 17, 2015 4:40 am
OOC, added above. That said, Discipline isn't Leokri's strong suit you might say. :) I'm also realizing now that the way to spend starter XP in this game is to crank up your stats. Then use follow on XP on skills/talents.
Nov 17, 2015 4:46 am
The agent keeps one hand pointed at Leokri as he clutches his side with the other. "It seems I misjudged how much poison it would take to bring you down. Never the less, I've got you now." he says as he begins backing toward the door behind him which the server had come through earlier.

That'd 2 more wounds.

Rolls

Force bind

2 Black Force Points

Nov 17, 2015 4:54 am
ooc it's the same dicipline difficulty.

And yeah it's much harder to raise stats with in game xp
Nov 17, 2015 5:26 am
Leokri continues to struggle. But seeks the calm of the Force before attempting to shrug off the hold. I'll use the advantage to give me a boost on my next roll.
Last edited November 17, 2015 5:26 am

Rolls

1 Success, 2 Advantage, 4 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 3 Failure, 1 Advantage

Nov 19, 2015 1:01 am
The agent releases his hold on Leokri and dashes out the door behind him which slams shut after he's through.
Nov 20, 2015 11:01 pm
Leokri shakes his head, "And I'm reminded of my master's common refrain about the discipline of the mind now..." Calmly, but quickly, he moves back around the desk and follows the Sith agent.
Nov 21, 2015 1:42 pm
You spot the agent down the hall ar a computer terminal. He finishes typing something when red flashing lights come on from the ceilling. A robotic voice begins saying, EVACUATE. EVACUATE..." The agent looks up and spots you, then smiles and continues away from you down the hall.
Nov 24, 2015 5:33 pm
Leokri frowns suspiciously as he has little doubt a self-destruct sequence has been activated. He maintains his connection to the Force, enhancing his ability to remain vigilant and perceive what is going on around him. Leokri will pause at the terminal to determine quickly if he is correct and whether or not he has a chance to slice in and delay or stop the process. The agent may disappear, but there is likely valuable information here to retain...
Nov 25, 2015 2:45 am
On the terminal, it is counting down from 10 minutes. Best you can tell it is a self-destruct sequence.

It'll be a 3 purple difficulty to slice in for information.
Nov 25, 2015 6:39 am
"10 minutes? I've got some time then..." His fingers move quickly across the terminal.

Rolls

Computers. Hard.

2 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Failure, 4 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 2 Threat

Nov 26, 2015 6:33 pm
You manage to get the bulk of the files, though you haven't got time to read them at the moment, transferred over to your datapad. When you look back at the countdown, you realize it took a bit longer than you'd expected as you've now got 6 minutes left.
Nov 27, 2015 1:40 am
Leokri wraps up and heads out, light saber ready to come to bear at a moment's notice. With a four minute head start, the Sith is likely gone, but if not Leokri will pursue him and fling a tracker onto the ship if it's in range. He heads out the door ready to meet what's coming next.

OOC:posting from the beach. Sorry about any typos.
Nov 30, 2015 1:36 am
As you exit the main building, you enter into complete chaos. Beings are scrambling grabbing anything of value and heading toward the hanger. You see the agent's ship lifting off and heading away. It'll be a 2 purple ranged(light) check to throw a tracker on it.
From where you are, you can see into the hanger where there is one beat up freighter that everyone is fighting to get aboard.
Dec 1, 2015 5:30 am
OOC - what's the time back to my Jedi starfighter?
Dec 1, 2015 5:32 am
Leokri sighs and tries to fling a tracker onto the ship.

Rolls

Fling!

3 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 1 Threat

Dec 4, 2015 11:25 pm
OOC: We're going to skip through your heroic escape to get you caught up with all the other players.

Your tracker lands squarely on the tail of the the fleeing starfighter. When you make it back to your ship, there's a message waiting for you telling you to report to the green jedi temple on Corellia for an important assignment immediately. When you make it there, there is a jedi waiting who leads you to a meditation room deep within the temple.

Continued in the upcoming main thread.
Dec 4, 2015 11:35 pm
Acknowledged! -- Achievement: Heroic Escape, unlocked!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.