OOC Discussion

load previous
Nov 30, 2016 4:48 am
FYI finally updated Xora to the UA ranger. Let me know if anything looks weird.
Dec 12, 2016 10:38 pm
Is there a shield bash in 5e? Seems like a good thing to do to a skeleton.
Dec 12, 2016 10:49 pm
Cmbrian says:
It would be an improvised weapon, which means no proficiency to attack, and no stat mod to damage. Also, it's not a light weapon, so it can't be used in Two-Weapon Fighting unless you have the Dual Wielder Feat. I don't really like the way they did this specifically in 5e, but I don't know another good way to do it in the system.
Dec 12, 2016 11:30 pm
Naatkinson says:
Cmbrian says:
It would be an improvised weapon, which means no proficiency to attack, and no stat mod to damage. Also, it's not a light weapon, so it can't be used in Two-Weapon Fighting unless you have the Dual Wielder Feat. I don't really like the way they did this specifically in 5e, but I don't know another good way to do it in the system.
Sounds reasonable. Probably not worth it then -- thanks.
Dec 12, 2016 11:32 pm
Moved to OOC thread...
Naatkinson says:
Cmbrian says:
OOC:
who's carrying that wand of magic missiles from the wizard with the zombies?
OOC:
You're the only one who has a mention of them in your character sheet, so I would guess that you do
I was just keeping notes on loot so I wouldn't have to search back. There's also an unidentified ring, some scrolls, and potions, and some stuff listed that we already distributed. I'd be happy to use it for now, but we need to distribute our loot!
Dec 12, 2016 11:44 pm
Oh, I dont need it :)
Feb 9, 2017 5:51 pm
This game has been going since October 28th, 2015. That seems crazy to me!
Mar 9, 2017 4:41 pm
Oops. Acted without totally thinking. Meant to shoot at the most damaged, not the least. And I'm short one missile, so that was cast at 5th level. Oh well, that's the way the zombies crumble!
Last edited March 9, 2017 4:42 pm
Apr 21, 2017 2:06 am
Going to be out of town starting tomorrow until late Sunday. Chances are that regular posting will not resume until Monday.
Apr 24, 2017 2:23 pm
So we're all done?!?

Thanks, Naatkinson, for letting me join -- you're a great DM!

Nice playing with you, Cancerman & Moofsalot!
Last edited April 24, 2017 2:24 pm
Apr 24, 2017 2:27 pm
Cmbrian says:
So we're all done?!?

Thanks, Naatkinson, for letting me join -- you're a great DM!

Nice playing with you, Cancerman & Moofsalot!
Pretty sure that Kama wanted to go see if you could slay the dragon still, if you're up for it :)
Apr 24, 2017 2:32 pm
Ahh -- that must have been before Stormsong joined. Sure, why not?
Apr 24, 2017 2:39 pm
Cmbrian says:
Ahh -- that must have been before Stormsong joined. Sure, why not?
Yeah, it was RIGHT before you joined, actually
May 28, 2017 9:31 pm
Don't be surprised if the dragon fight turns into a TPK... I just looked at his stats... Make sure you prepare for this one!
May 28, 2017 11:40 pm
Kama has some "berries of sprouting and holding" plus a "potion of flying." I figure we can try to hold the dragon down with the berries while Gimblyn and Xora attack from range. Stormsong and Kama can try to get in close.

I'm guessing these will take a Strength save to break free of the berries, so either Stormsong or Kama can take the potion of flying and continue to engage. Kama also has both Nature's Wrath and Ensnaring Strike to try and limit the dragon's mobility, but those save with Strength, too so... eh, hopefully it rolls poorly.
May 30, 2017 4:22 am
Stormsong has the old standby Faerie Fire, but it's a DEX save. He'll unload the magic missiles, and Gimblyn can do the same.

We have no magic left from the Forge of Spells, right?
May 31, 2017 4:11 pm
Xora can't do so much except shoot things and help keep peeps alive. Hopefully that's enough?

Are we level 5? Just double-checking...
May 31, 2017 4:22 pm
Yes, we've earned 5 levels. Kama is Fighter 2/Paladin 3.
May 31, 2017 6:25 pm
Cmbrian says:
Stormsong has the old standby Faerie Fire, but it's a DEX save. He'll unload the magic missiles, and Gimblyn can do the same.

We have no magic left from the Forge of Spells, right?
I think I gave the enchantments a one-week duration, so they should still be active :) If not, I'll retcon it to be one week.
Jul 5, 2017 12:30 pm
Alright, I'll go ahead and close the game now. It was a blast, thanks for playing!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.