Character Creation

Nov 2, 2015 7:04 pm
Discuss character concepts here, ask questions and make your rolls.

4d6 drop lowest, roll it 7 times and keep the highest 6 results. Anything from the PHB, DMG, EE, or SCAG allowed. If you want something from UA, just ask :)

If you have interest in anything from SCAG, let me know and I will give you a rundown

Also: Roll 1d10 to determine how long you've been a prisoner, and then roll 1d20 to determine if you've scavenged anything in your time there.
Nov 2, 2015 7:23 pm
I haven't played 5e yet, so excuse me while I fumble around. Typically, I go for a Rogue or Ranger (in older editions), or falling back on Cleric to support the party, but I have access to some of the books, so I'll peruse through to see what's interesting. I figure I should try something different, something I don't normally play, so the idea of playing something aggressively martial or arcane really appeals.
Nov 2, 2015 7:42 pm
I'm thinking Druid since I haven't played that yet but will make final call after I see the numbers...

Wow these are by far my worst stat rolls!
Last edited November 2, 2015 7:42 pm

Rolls

Scavenger? - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Stats - (4d6)

(2563) = 16

Stats - (4d6)

(2141) = 8

Stats - (4d6)

(1341) = 9

Stats - (4d6)

(1622) = 11

Stats - (4d6)

(4211) = 8

Stats - (4d6)

(2511) = 9

Stats - (4d6)

(5244) = 15

How long have I been a prisoner? - (1d10)

(2) = 2

Nov 2, 2015 7:46 pm
Moofsalot says:
I'm thinking Druid since I haven't played that yet but will make final call after I see the numbers...

Those are some terrible rolls...

If you'd like I will let you take the standard array
Nov 2, 2015 7:46 pm
I have an idea of what I want, but it'll depend on how the dice play out.

Edit: Okay, so I have rolls of 13, 10, 11, 13, 10, 11. Wow. I should roleplay as a townsperson!
Last edited November 2, 2015 7:49 pm

Rolls

Prisoner! - (1d10)

(7) = 7

Scavanger! - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Stats! - (4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6)

4d6 : (3364) = 16

4d6 : (1415) = 11

4d6 : (5331) = 12

4d6 : (3624) = 15

4d6 : (3132) = 9

4d6 : (6221) = 11

4d6 : (1326) = 12

Nov 2, 2015 7:51 pm
Ok... lol... anyone who doesn't like their rolls may take the standard array!
Nov 2, 2015 8:03 pm
Naatkinson says:
Moofsalot says:

Those are some terrible rolls...

If you'd like I will let you take the standard array
Done and thanks!
Nov 2, 2015 8:09 pm
I'm sticking with my rolls, and I will create a Half-Elf Wild Magic Sorcerer. (insert cackle here)

Edit: Also, I'm not familiar with the module, but from the rolls I assume we were individually taken prisoner at some point by the drow. Does the d10 roll indicate the number of years spent?
Last edited November 2, 2015 8:36 pm
Nov 2, 2015 8:54 pm
The 1d10 is the number of days. You were taken separately but you may have been a group before, that is up to you. It could have even been that you were a group, captured over the course of several days while you were on the run. The "how" and "where" of your capture is up to you. Could have been in the underdark or somewhere on the Sword Coast.
Nov 2, 2015 9:54 pm
[Notes to CancerMan and Moofsalot]
Naatkinson sent a note to CancerMan
Naatkinson sent a note to Moofsalot
Also, none of you will have any equipment. This includes spell foci, spellbooks, and component pouches.
You will have spells prepared, but won't be able to cast any with material components.
Wizards will be unable to prepare different spells until they get a spellbook to work from.
Nov 2, 2015 10:06 pm
Noted!

Would I be able to mix the Urchin and Sage backgrounds into my character? I was thinking of using the Feature and personality traits from Urchin, with the Skills, proficiencies, and equipment from Sage (equipment having been lost, of course).
CancerMan sent a note to Naatkinson
Nov 2, 2015 10:13 pm
Mixing of backgrounds is fine :)
Nov 2, 2015 10:38 pm
ROLLING

EDIT: Holy hell, there goes my luck for the rest of the game...
Last edited November 2, 2015 10:40 pm

Rolls

Seven rolls of 20+ - (4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6)

4d6 : (2655) = 18

4d6 : (4635) = 18

4d6 : (6136) = 16

4d6 : (5235) = 15

4d6 : (2365) = 16

4d6 : (1266) = 15

4d6 : (1432) = 10

Number of Days Captive - (1d10)

(2) = 2

Scavenge Roll - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Nov 2, 2015 10:57 pm
szemely says:
ROLLING

EDIT: Holy hell, there goes my luck for the rest of the game...
Oh... ummm... wow... congratulations!
Nov 2, 2015 11:18 pm
Quote:
Hunter Galfyne grew up in a gutter for as long as she can remember. The half-elf was living in a farmland quite a distance away from the city, but was orphaned after her parents disappeared, reportedly attacked by dark creatures in the night. Hunter was sent to live with human relatives in the city, but her aunt and uncle never held with fey and mistreated her, enough for the young child to run away and eke out a life on the streets.

It was difficult, at first. Hunter wasn't the strongest, and her clumsiness often landed her in trouble when she would try to steal food. She had to rely on her words and her appearance to get by, but it wasn't easy. Hunter would sometimes run with other packs of urchins, but was usually considered a weak link and inevitably she would be on her own once again.

Hunter's life changed when she tried to pick the pocket of a seemingly old and distracted human woman. She failed, miserably, but instead of turning her over to the authorities, the woman assessed her with bright, grey eyes. This was Hobren, an eccentric, but knowledgable, wizard passing through the city. She recognized within Hunter a deep connection to the mystic arts, something innate that, perhaps, could be tapped for greater potential. Hobren took on Hunter as an apprentice, and whisked the half-elf away to her cottage in the hills.

The half-elf studied what she could under the tutelage of this wizened human, for she was eager to learn and while food was often bland and not served very often, there was a warm roof to sleep under. Hobren taught Hunter magical theory and history, and had her practice with small cantrips to develop her craft.

Hunter found that magic felt natural, like something she could just think about and the results would present themselves. However, she began to notice that at times, unintended effects would occur without reason. The wizard revealed that while Hunter possessed remarkable talent, without control the surges of wild energy could cause disasterous side effects. Hobren fashioned a pair of leather gloves, each marked with a circle of runes on the palm, with which Hunter would use to concentrate on her spell-casting. The gloves, theorized Hobren, would be the focus of her energies, and hopefully through them would she learn greater control.

One night, Hobren and Hunter were on an excursion into the countryside, looking for reagants. Without warning, Hunter's world turned completely dark, and all she could hear where the shouts of battle and incantations. She felt waves of magical power unlike anything experienced before, and then she felt the bright flash of something impacting her abdomen, knocking the wind out of her. Another blow was felt, this time to her head, and if Hunter ever thought darkness could move, she certainly could see it spin. Fabric was thrown over her head and cinched at her neck, and she felt herself being dragged away before she fell into unconsciousness.

http://pre13.deviantart.net/e816/th/pre/f/2016/273/5/f/toph___youtube__by_rossdraws-dajfris.jpg
I left the fate of Hunter's master open. I can also adjust my backstory to partner with another player, if our time of incarceration is the same.
Last edited November 19, 2016 7:06 am
Nov 3, 2015 12:29 am
This is the part where I rig the dice roller to give me a full set of 6 18's, right?
Nov 3, 2015 12:34 am
Keleth says:
This is the part where I rig the dice roller to give me a full set of 6 18's, right?
Exactly!
Nov 3, 2015 12:52 am
As a wild magic sorcerer, go ahead and roll your d20 for wild magic surges every time you cast a spell of level 1 or higher. There is never a time when I will let that go without a roll.
Naatkinson sent a note to szemely
Nov 3, 2015 1:00 am
You got it. Though I'd also appreciate a reminder if I ever forget. This will be my second spellcaster roleplayed, and first as a mage.

Assuming I roll a 1 on wild magic, did you want me to roll the d100 in the same post (or followup post), or will you do that?
Nov 3, 2015 1:01 am
You can go ahead and roll it in the same post
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.