A few days absent

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 7, 2015 10:58 pm
I wanted to update you guys who may not follow me on Twitter: I've been absent the last two days (and will be for a few more), as I'm currently 300 miles away from home, having just gotten LASIK surgery yesterday! I'm pretty impressed at how quickly I could see, and I'll be here for another couple of days as I recover, seeing my doctor (who is my uncle) again on Monday before heading back to New Jersey. If any of you guys are considering LASIK and are near/can get to Virginia Beach, I really recommend Beach Eye Care. I'm sure my being family helped a bit, but every time I've come, everyone is super professional, nice, they talked to me through the procedure so nothing was unexpected, so even though I was super nervous (diazepam helped), knowing what was happening definitely helped ease my tension.

That aside, I'm currently working on updating the "My Games" page, and I've started the actual graphics work for the site redesign. As it goes along, I'm going to be looking for volunteers who can look at the new designs to help me figure out how its looking. For any of you who may be coming to AcadeCon next weekend, I'll be there, so be sure to find me and say hello! I'll be bringing some board games (whatever will fit into my suitcase), so we can game a bit after the gaming! I'm also running a Deadlands Classic game, if you're interested in trying that out.
Nov 7, 2015 11:19 pm
My uncle offered to shoot lasers into my eyes once. He's not a doctor though... :-/

People I know who have had LASIK done have all been pretty happy with it, hope you are as well.

(and as you know, I'd be happy to volunteer to look at the new design and tell you all of the things that are wrong with it. :-))
Nov 8, 2015 12:40 am
Congrats on the successful surgery! Take your time. :) We'll leave the light on for yah.
Nov 8, 2015 2:38 am
Glad to hear the LASIK went well! I can volunteer for testing when you're ready, too.
Nov 8, 2015 3:59 am
Another friend has achieved Titan status with X-ray vision.

Congratulations!
Nov 8, 2015 8:07 am
Congrats. I can test :). Can help with design as well if you need any help
Last edited November 8, 2015 8:08 am
Nov 8, 2015 3:21 pm
Awesome, I have been considering LASIK as well, but I'm several thousand miles away from there, heh.
Nov 8, 2015 8:02 pm
Congrats, Keleth! Rest up and heal well!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.