2.0 - Lure of the Lost

load previous
Jun 9, 2017 11:49 pm
OOC:
Bury me with honors... and CLONE ME!!!!
Last edited June 9, 2017 11:50 pm
Jun 10, 2017 1:58 pm
Although flashy, Marc's lightsaber attack is unsuccessful -- perhaps he was distracted by his stakes actually accomplishing something. Regardless, the men before him press their attack. They both land hits -- but lucky for Marc he's a pretty strong young man and he's able to shrug off most of the damage as bruises he'll regret later.
OOC:
You take 1 wound from the combined hits due to your soak. So 12/13
Unfortunately for Marc's attackers -- their efforts to attack are somewhat thwarted by questionable tactics -- and each will suffer a setback on their next attack.

Rolls

#1 attacks Marc

2 Success, 1 Advantage, 3 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 2 Threat

#2 attacks Marc

2 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Success

Jun 10, 2017 8:28 pm
Attacking the nearest one again. Using maneuver to Aim.
OOC:
I'd like to use the 1st Triumph to attempt to upgrade my next attack.
OOC:
The 2nd Triumph - 1 Despair should leave me with 2 Advantage, which I want to use to trigger the Linked quality. So, 7 damage from the initial hit, linked hit for 6 more: total 13 damage.
OOC:
Should they be taking 2 Setback dice to hit me in melee combat due to the (2) Defensive Training talents I have?
Last edited June 10, 2017 11:08 pm

Rolls

3 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Triumph, 2 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 1 Threat, 2 Triumph

Jun 12, 2017 8:04 pm
OOC:
when will mal get there?
Jun 12, 2017 11:29 pm
OOC:
Good question. Probably 3 rounds. The location of the cave is circled in red on the map on page 7 of the the adventure "The Rescue of Hethan Romund".
Last edited June 12, 2017 11:31 pm
Jun 13, 2017 3:41 am
OOC:
I remember thinking that a Triumph was a success and an advantage, but I couldn't find that in the rules again -- so I don't think it counts as both. That said, you can trigger linked with the Triumph as well, so no problem there. thank you for the heads up re: defensive training -you're correct.
Marc's lightsaber swirls -- leaving arcs of light in the dim forest. At the end, one of his opponents is down with two slashes prominent in his torso cooling as he falls to the ground.
OOC:
Mal will likely get here after Marc is either beaten unconscious or has finished these guys off the way he's going. More likely the latter thanks to his Brawn score. ;)
Marc's standing opponent swings in an attack. He manages to land a hit on Marc, but it's a glancing blow. Marc twists with the blow and the man overbalances and falls prone before him.
OOC:
Another single wound for Marc. 11/13
The impaled enemy limps into range brandishing his weapon.
OOC:
Next round?

Rolls

Attack!

4 Success, 2 Failure, 3 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 3 Threat

Jun 13, 2017 5:44 am
falryx says:
OOC:
Mal will likely get here after Marc is either beaten unconscious...
OOC:
I feel so much love in this forum right now. *wipes away tear*
Attacking Jack the Jack... well, you know...

Maneuver-Aim
OOC:
Lightsaber damage: 9. Guess I'll pass the Advantage as a Boost to myself in the next round.
Was I supposed to get a bonus to hit that jerk when he fell down in front of me?

LOL! Have to just laugh about it. I was hoping to get another advantage to trigger linked. Oh well :)
Last edited June 13, 2017 10:44 pm

Rolls

Lightsabering like Mal would. Not like Urik (I hope)

4 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 1 Advantage

Jun 13, 2017 2:26 pm
OOC:
If you're attacking the prone one, yes you get a Boost from that.
Jun 13, 2017 11:07 pm
Yes, I'm disappointed by not being able to finish that guy off. Alright, moving on.
Last edited June 13, 2017 11:52 pm
Jun 14, 2017 11:35 pm
OOC:
Ah - you assume too much. :) Lightsabers have Breach 1 which ignores 10 soak, which means you do 9 wounds which takes him out.
Marc capitalizes on the fallen foe, finishing him off with a quick slash of the lightsaber only to be engaged by his eager compatriot. Whereas the others have had a hard time landing meaningful hits -- this one manages to land a ringing blow or two off of the young man's skull leaving Marc a little dazed -- but still in the action. But he does find himself poorly placed for his next series of attacks...
OOC:
Think that's 9 damage - 6 soak = 3 damage. So you're down to 8/13

Rolls

Attack!

4 Success, 1 Advantage, 3 Threat

Total: 4 Success, 2 Threat

Jun 15, 2017 2:58 am
1: I'm very glad to be wrong about that! It's awesome that he is down for the count.

2: Ouch, I want to Parry that hit. Taking 3 strain to reduce damage before soak by 5 (2 + 3 ranks in Parry).

3: I need the dice to be kind to me and give me a couple of Triumphs here or something because my strain is getting... strained.

Using Manuever to Aim...

11 Damage and I want to use the 2 advantage to recover 2 Strain if this opponent is down. If he or she is not down, I'll use the 2 advantage to trigger Linked and hit him/her again.

4: And... I forgot to use the Boost that I passed to myself from the previous round, absolutely brilliant on my part... Rolling that now and probably coming up blank.

5: If the last opponent is down I'm turning around toward the cave, expecting... something to attack me I guess.

Not blank after all. I'd like to use that advantage to recover 1 more strain please. Back to full.
OOC:
So, I'm down 2 wounds. I was very fortunate to survive that. If I survive the rest of this, I plan on using Heyop as my "personal deflector shield" from now on.
Last edited June 15, 2017 3:59 am

Rolls

Lightsabering like Heyop using Skullthumper

5 Success, 4 Advantage, 2 Threat

Total: 5 Success, 2 Advantage

Boost die from previous round, passed to me, by me.

1 Advantage

Total: 1 Advantage

Jun 16, 2017 3:17 am
As Mal, Heyop and Csillag pull up -- Marc puts the finishing touch on the last of the crazies. The cave opening which was there -- Marc is certain of it -- no longer shows.
Jun 16, 2017 4:44 am
OOC:
That's kind of a relief, because I didn't like the idea of a cave opening up by itself. Figured it might some kind of Sarlacc thing getting ready to eat me.
Jun 16, 2017 12:47 pm
Heyop parks the speeder and scans the area nodding to the young new comer to the temple. "You good?"
Jun 16, 2017 12:54 pm
Oh, no big deal. There was only 4 of them here. Glad to see that you survived the assault on the village. How many did you have to put down to save the villagers?
Jun 16, 2017 2:05 pm
"Me? None, I always feel bad about putting someone down that could be saved. Ask this guy. Urik's taking the survivors back to the temple." Heyop explains thumbing in Mal's direction.

Heyop scans the area trying to figure out where the larger threat may have gone... if he wasn't here, where was he?
Jun 16, 2017 2:30 pm
I'm glad to hear that you didn't have to take any of them down Heyop. These poor people...

It's not over yet though, we still have to find Rav Naaran; the powerful Jedi who fell to the Dark Side that the Jailor warned us about.
Jun 16, 2017 8:31 pm
Mal keeps his lightsaber hilt handy as he moves towards the cave entrance
Jun 17, 2017 4:59 am
falryx says:
As Mal, Heyop and Csillag pull up -- Marc puts the finishing touch on the last of the crazies. The cave opening which was there -- Marc is certain of it -- no longer shows.
You might be able to inspect where the entrance to the cave used to be, but as for me, I'd really prefer to not go near that thing.
Jun 19, 2017 2:32 pm
Mal approaches Marc's position and looks at the cave entrance that is no more. For all intents and purposes it would appear that the cave simply does not exist -- or if it does, there's no entrance to be found before him.

Near Marc, Heyop and Csillag, the Warden manifests. Her Zabrakian face shows concern. Her holographic form is flickering in a way that almost suggests the wounds of battle, and when she speaks, it is with an urgent tone. "It was all a trick—Rav Naaran never left the temple. He clouded himself from our senses, but now that you’ve stopped his scouts, he's decided to take action himself. He's carving a path through the upper defenses and is headed for the holocron chamber. You need to find and stop Rav Naaran before he gets there!"

The Warden’s form grows increasingly less composed as she delivers her message, until she fades from view with her last words.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.