2.0 - Lure of the Lost

load previous
Jun 19, 2017 2:40 pm
"I'm not gonna lie that's actually sound tactics..." Heyop states and looks at the others before moving back to his speeder and heads back to the temple.
Jun 19, 2017 6:09 pm
Still have 2 Wounds. Requesting a heal from Csillag is she's up for it? Then I'm jumping in my speeder and heading for the Temple...
Last edited June 20, 2017 3:07 am
Jun 20, 2017 9:06 pm
Catching the hint, Csillag looks closely at Marc's wounds. "Doesn't look too bad.... Just hold still."

As soon as she's done patching Marc, she'll hop on her speeder and follow Heyop.

Rolls

Medicine Check

6 Success, 1 Threat

Total: 6 Success, 1 Threat

Jun 20, 2017 10:42 pm
Marc bows to Csillag. Thank you milady :)
OOC:
What a healer! She crushed that!
Last edited June 20, 2017 11:07 pm
Jun 21, 2017 7:42 pm
with a muttered curse, Mal gets on his speeder and makes haste to the temple
Jun 22, 2017 4:58 am
The four of you make it back to the temple quickly -- just a few short minutes after hopping on your speeders and heading back from the cave. Once there, you hurry through the hallways of the Dawn Temple, hoping that you arrive in time. All around you, you see evidence of battered defenses, from turrets split apart by the strokes of a lightsaber to stasis traps discharged to contain nothing but hurled debris.

You do not see Kaveri, Hethan or Dagger -- so assume they are well for now (or deeper within the temple doing something useful). However, as you approach the holocron chamber, you sense a terrible darkness weighing down on your senses, and you realize that Rav Naaran must already be there.

When you arrive, you see the fallen Jedi restlessly pacing outside the door to the chamber, which has been blocked off by an energy screen. He is flanked by what must be the remnants of his dark side allies. Without looking away from the entryway, he speaks to you. "I was wondering when you'd arrive. You've inconvenienced me, and harried my army, but you cannot hope to truly win here. If you recognize this truth as I do, then I offer you a way out: stand aside so I can leave the valley with my forces, and I'll not only leave you unharmed, but I won't ruin the holocrons containing those meddlesome liars you seem to value so much. My victory is certain, but it might cost me, and I cannot afford that when I have so much left to do."

He finally turns to face you, a disturbing grin on his face. He ignites his lightsaber and adopts a ready stance. "Well?"
OOC:
Sorry for the delay -- got a new puppy on Monday, so things have been busy at Chez Falryx!
Jun 22, 2017 5:45 am
OOC:
I guess this means that your recovery is going well?
Once Marc arrives at the Temple, he's going to unsling his Blaster Rifle and ready it for action before taking a taking a flanking position next to Heyop as they move through the Temple.

Once they find Rav Naaran, Marc keeps his rifle ready for action. In response to the fallen Jedi, Marc replies. Rav Naaran, you are accused of a great many crimes. If you are willing to lay down your weapons, I swear to you that you will be treated fairly. You accomplished great things before falling to the Dark Side. Please stand down and let us help return you to the Light. I will not presume to speak for my comrades in arms, but I cannot allow you to simply leave, not matter what.

Due to Marc's experience with his father, he knows how unpredictable and volatile people overtaken by darkness can be. Though he would prefer to avoid a fight, he knows that one is probably coming.
Jun 22, 2017 10:00 am
Looking to the others with a raised eyebrow he listens to the younger one as he tries to resolve things peacefully and mutters an apology.

"It's gonna cost you something either way we go, that's the price of life. Ante up." Heyop states drawing his carbine in a blur raising it and looking thru the iron sights and shooting at him.
OOC:
Meta: It'd be great if he'd surrender but if I was the evil guy in this situation I'd say I surrender and then attack (I can lie I'm the bad guy!). Let me know if there's extra die to roll or feel free to roll them for me. There's a red isn't there, should I add an red? He seems like the kind of guy that likes red. Just sayin' I'm flipping one of those dusty destiny points as well (also if yall haven't rolled that yet we probably should so we can use them... or Falryx).

Rolls

Ranged Heavy+Aim+QStrike R2

6 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Threat

Total: 6 Success, 1 Advantage

Jun 22, 2017 7:27 pm
OOC:
I was being nice, though I was wishing I had a flamethrower or something similar. As long as we take care of his supporters,
he has no chance.
Last edited June 22, 2017 7:33 pm
Jun 22, 2017 7:55 pm
OOC:
Unless this was all a ploy to get our sweet speeders since Dark Lords don't have time to walk around doing evil.
Jun 22, 2017 8:14 pm
OOC:
Oh, don't worry. I wired your speeder to explode the next time you turn it on. So, in this case, that's a good thing, right?

And Dark Lords ALWAYS have time to walk around doing Evil (must be capitalized). They usually walk in fact, because they all wear "super cool" capes and if they aren't walking, nobody can see their super cool capes.
Jun 22, 2017 10:11 pm
OOC:
Well, IF we get "the drop" on these guys...
As Marc finished speaking, he saw Heyop whip his blaster up and followed Heyop's lead, firing at the dark side supporters of the fallen Jedi.

Rolls

Blaster Rifle, using Aim

1 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 1 Threat

Jun 23, 2017 5:46 am
OOC:
Update this weekend -- crazy schedule today and tomorrow and need more time for this one.
Jun 23, 2017 6:42 am
Mal is thrown a little off guard at the sudden shooting but ignites his lightsaber, ready to defend his allies if the dark jedi dares approach
Jun 23, 2017 6:35 pm
Csillag keeps her distance and levels her blaster rifle at Rav Naaran.
Jun 24, 2017 4:28 pm
Meta Knowledge coming in 3-2-1.

Be careful everyone! Rav Naaran is extremely dangerous! He doesn't cut his opponents in two with his lightsaber; he cuts them in THREE. He used to watch a show from ancient times called The Legend of Zorro and wanted to be the Zorro of Star Wars. Problem is, Rav couldn't perfect the Z cut on his opponents, so he only does the top portion. Now that Rav has turned to the Dark Side, he believes that only perfecting the top portion of the Z cut was his destiny, because now when Rav fights someone, he is ">" them when he cuts them down. The joke is horrible, but so is Rav...
OOC:
Actually, that's so cool that I'm thinking about joining Rav... Of course, I'd need to show I'm worthy of being his apprentice by slaughtering his men, then saving him from death at the last minute... Something to think about.
Jun 25, 2017 3:45 pm
OOC:
I'm going to dial up Rav's difficulty a little -- but if it turns out I've done a bad thing I'll dial it back down part way through -- just FYI. To dial up the difficulty, I'm providing him with an Adversary 1 rating (which upgrades all combat roll difficulties against hime). As a result turn one purple die into a red die for any attacks.

EDIT: Well, that's interesting...

Rolls

Range is short - replacing Heyop's 2 P with one R

1 Failure, 1 Despair

Total: 1 Failure, 1 Despair

Range is short - replacing Marc's 2 P with one R

1 Failure, 1 Despair

Total: 1 Failure, 1 Despair

Jun 25, 2017 5:20 pm
Abelsbrother says:
OOC:
Well, IF we get "the drop" on these guys...
As Marc finished speaking, he saw Heyop whip his blaster up and followed Heyop's lead, firing at the dark side supporters of the fallen Jedi.
You know that I'm not aiming at Rav, right? I was specifically aiming at his dark side supporters. He's a powerful Jedi and is carrying around a lightsaber so shooting at him is probably going to get the blaster bolts sent right back at us, which is why I was trying to take out his supporters.
Jun 26, 2017 4:55 am
OOC:
Ah, thanks for the reminder. I'll keep your first of your original dice.
Jun 26, 2017 5:01 am
Heyop's attack hits -- but as he unloads his blaster carbine into the dark Jedi, its ammoclip runs dry -- leaving him without further shots. For his part, Rav takes the hits, using his lightsaber to reduce some of the damage taken. The reflected shots streak past you all as a warning...

falryx sent a note to falryx
Marc's assault on one of the "assistants" to the Jedi lands -- but moving that quickly slightly twinges a muscle, causing some strain to the young warrior (1 strain for the threat). For his part, Marc's target (Alpha) stays upright, but looks quite the worse for wear. His three companions look a little unhappy at the turn of events and eager to spread some of their unhappiness with their makeshift melee weapons.

falryx sent a note to falryx
OOC:
Mal -- I interpret your action as a waiting action. Csillag, are you doing the same?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.