2.0 - Lure of the Lost

load previous
Jun 26, 2017 1:36 pm
OOC:
Copy that I'll start switching out the Red now if I roll against him.
Jun 26, 2017 9:39 pm
falryx says:
OOC:
Mal -- I interpret your action as a waiting action. Csillag, are you doing the same?
Yep, she is.
Jun 27, 2017 5:03 am
OOC:
Rollin' rollin' rollin...

Rolls

Force it!

1 White Force Point, 3 Black Force Points

Jun 27, 2017 5:05 am
Rav growls angrily at Heyop and Marc. He raises his hand and clenches it before throwing his fist towards Heyop. The wounded underling is bodily hurled by the force towards Heyop. Through some unusual bit of luck, the victims of his assault manage to escape significant bodily harm, but Heyop is caught by surprise as a flailing foot catches him on the jaw, sending him sprawling to the ground. For his part, the underling lands next to Heyop in a crouch -- recovering cleanly from what would have almost certainly been a fatal collision for him.

Each of the other three assault Mal, Csillag and Marc -- closing to engage and attack with their melee weapons.

Mal's luck with these combatants continues to hold true -- and his opponent lands a solid hit on him, undoing the good work that Csillag had done to get him back to ship-shape not long ago.
OOC:
Mal, you take 4 wounds from the hit. I have you at 11/15
Csillag is able to fend off her attacker, but at the cost of using her weapon to fend of some attacks. Towards the end of their little fencing play, her attacker's club catches the gun in a spot that allows him to hook it and send it skittering to the ground, leaving Csillag momentarily disarmed.

Marc is able to hold onto his rifle while fending off the assault, but given the current lay of the land, with half of the enemy disarmed and one of them already on the ground... the dark side followers take heart.
OOC:
The first actor next round for the bad guys will get a boost from the extra adv.

Y'all are up -- next round.

Rolls

Short range attack by throwing a person at Heyop.

1 Success, 5 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 4 Advantage

Attack on Mal

3 Success, 2 Advantage, 2 Threat

Total: 3 Success

Attack on Csillag

1 Success, 4 Advantage, 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 3 Advantage

Attack on Marc

2 Success, 2 Advantage, 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Advantage

Jun 27, 2017 6:17 am
Marc feels fortunate that he managed to avoid injury while fending off a melee attack with a blaster rifle in his hands.

Marc lets his blaster rifle fall on it's sling and quickdraws his lightsaber. With a snap, hiss, the double blades ignite.

Although the assailant (Alpha) that Marc shot is still on his feet for now, Marc is confident that Heyop will be back on his feet and will make short work of Alpha. Marc turns to Bravo, Charlie, or Delta; whoever just took a swing at him.

With his lightsaber in hand, Marc's Defensive Training kicks in and he smiles at his opponent, knowing that the warrior will have more difficulty striking him now.

Using Aim for an additional boost.

8 damage, using the 2 advantage to trigger Linked for 6 more damage: 14 total.
Last edited June 27, 2017 6:22 am

Rolls

5 Success, 3 Advantage, 3 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 2 Advantage

Jun 27, 2017 10:16 am
Heyop raises an eyebrow as the combatant toss is definitely unexpected as he tries to dodge the 'attack'. He leans too much and just accepts gravity falling to the ground eyeing his new opponent in a crouch next to him. Standing up in a rapid series of movements he extends a hand towards his opponent and grabs his lightsaber. A stern expression spreads over his face as he follows through with the swing fully on his feet again. "Your boss doesn't seem to like you, you could always turn coat. We don't throw each other around." he offers up his facial expression hard.
OOC:
Using Jump up, Quick draw incidental, and Aim, if Quick Strike would apply let me know, unsure if that counted as his attack or Rav's
OOC:
Update: -11 Damage I believe. Adv spend: Activating Sunder on his make shift weapon (once if that takes it over Major to break it, twice if that does not do it), and the next PC gets a boost die. If one sunder break it, I'll spend the other advantage to notice an important point during the ongoing conflict.
Last edited June 27, 2017 10:23 am

Rolls

Light Saber Ataru Form

5 Success, 4 Advantage, 1 Threat

Total: 5 Success, 3 Advantage

Jun 27, 2017 7:39 pm
Mal is going to swipe at the guy in front of him with his lightsaber (and will use strain to parry if this guy doesn't go down)
OOC:
can I do a crit that leaves me open to attack, giving the next attacker a boost die?
Last edited June 27, 2017 7:39 pm

Rolls

sabering

4 Success, 1 Triumph, 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 1 Threat, 1 Triumph

Jun 27, 2017 7:46 pm
OOC:
Pst add my boost die.
Jun 27, 2017 10:28 pm
"Hey!" Csillag yells, watching her weapon slide just out of reach. Taking a step back from her attacker she reaches for her lightsaber, unhooking it from her belt and flicking it on in a single motion. She quickly sizes up her opponent and lashes out with the cyan colored blade.
OOC:
One maneuver to grab her saber and a second to aim (taking two strain). One setback for the damaged saber.

EDIT: She'll take on the threats as strain if that works.
Last edited June 27, 2017 10:29 pm

Rolls

Lightsaber Attack

4 Success, 1 Advantage, 3 Threat

Total: 4 Success, 2 Threat

Jun 29, 2017 5:00 am
OOC:
Sorry for the delay -- and sorry for using this post for clarification, I've not yet figured out a good cadence for job + PT + puppy + gamersplane. I'm working on it! I don't get much non-work time in front of a computer screen these days.

Clarifications: Heyop - since lightsabers have Breach 1 - your damage is sufficient to take down the opponent without activating Sunder, unless you particularly want to. That should leave you with 2 ADV to spend.

Mal: adding a boost passed by Heyop. With a Triumph you can trigger a crit if you like, but you don't get to pick one (you'd roll d100). With the success from Heyop's boost and the one from the triumph, you wind up killing the opponent anyway due to the lightsaber's damage and breach quality. So -- you can use the Triumph differently if you like.

Rolls

Heyop's boost to Mal

1 Success

Total: 1 Success

Jun 29, 2017 5:50 am
OOC:
could I use the triumph to disable another minion?
Jun 29, 2017 10:13 am
OOC:
I guess I'll use them on minion flinger Rev, one setback please.
Jun 29, 2017 5:13 pm
OOC:
From what I've read, Heyop finished the first guy, the second guy should be down (I hit him for 14 damage), the third was taken out by Mal. Did Csillag take out the fourth opponent or is he still standing?
Jun 30, 2017 4:08 am
OOC:
All the minions are down. So at this point, the Triumph is best used for either some short term advantage in the scene, or to upgrade a subsequent attack?
Jul 4, 2017 10:15 pm
Without taking his eyes from the Dark Jedi, Marc bows slightly. Shall we begin? Marc asks politely.
Jul 7, 2017 3:24 am
OOC:
I'm going to assert an upgrade for Mal's next attack.
In a flash -- or several flashes, really -- each of the minions of the dark Jedi lies fallen at your feet. The four of you stand cautiously around him with your sabers alight and he smiles.

"Are you certain you will not lay down your arms and let me go free? I have not so thoroughly abandoned the Jedi way to carve through a handful of padawans just to waste my time with some dodgy holocrons of dubious value. Let me be on my way and no harm need come to you."
OOC:
He will still get an action, but.. giving y'all a chance to choose to let him free...
Jul 7, 2017 1:51 pm
Heyop looks from the man to his men on the ground and back his eyes hard.

"You've abandoned the ways enough of being a leader and leading people under you... your army... honestly you're acting like just another shitty officer with their head up their ass... If it's your army their your responsibility to look after not throw around like pawns." Heyop spits barking out a sour look washing over his face before he gives Mal a side look "No offense against officers who are competent." he adds to Mal since he's assuming him to be a former officer.

"If you were going to resolve your ways peacefully I'd be all for letting you go so you could make amends... but your army opted to try and attack locals and have been driven mad under your watch. That's not taught to any Jedi, granted I don't know a lot of 'em. Throwing your men around as a shield... that ain't no leader, you don't abandon and walk over your men to complete your own goals. If you want to be set free drop the weapons and go freely back into confinement. Once we get your full story if you're truly innocent after we do research we'll talk to the trio and see what can be done." Heyop states trying to stay calm his jaw clenching.

"You want to resolve this without a fight, agree to the terms... Honestly though you're the shittiest kind of officer that's cruel to their subordinates... That alone is enough reason to make me want to shove my boot up your ass and untie it and leave it in... but hey we're Jedi not Grunts right? Maybe we should use logic and be peaceful means instead of falling into rage." Heyop adds through clenched teeth visibly shaking it seems. His body language shows though he'd very much like to do something very bad to this man.
OOC:
Unsure how this works for Heyop (time wise to get that out) but I figure this is what he'd say. Don't worry he'd keep his sock on.
Jul 7, 2017 4:46 pm
Marc says nothing. He agrees wholeheartedly with Heyop. Words won't change the outcome now anyway.
Last edited July 7, 2017 4:47 pm
Jul 7, 2017 11:51 pm
Csillag, lightsaber at the ready, studies the man as Heyop speaks his piece.
Last edited July 10, 2017 12:42 am
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.