2.0 - Lure of the Lost

load previous
Jul 28, 2017 4:36 am
My main concern now is repairing my Lightsaber...
Aug 6, 2017 5:21 am
Attempting to repair my lightsaber. Mechanics check at normal difficulty. I'm taking the time to meditate ahead of time and clear my mind before I attempt to repair it. Using custom toolkit to gain a boost die to check and hoping that I don't blow this up. If I fail this, assume that I was standing right next to Heyop.

I guess I succeeded.
Last edited August 6, 2017 5:23 am

Rolls

Repairing Lightsaber with Mechanics

2 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 1 Advantage

Aug 13, 2017 2:58 pm
Over the course of the next several days, life at the Dawn Temple recovers. Those of you more mechanically minded set about to repairing the damage done by Rav and his released minions while others work to provide manual labor cleaning up the rubble, the corpses and whatnot. After a couple of weeks -- things are demonstrably better, but the Temple remains a shaky sanctuary here at the hind-end of the galaxy.

The three holocron personalities work in concert to help get the Temple into an operational state and where possible provide insight into the ways of the Force and the traditions of the Jedi that created them. Some of you find the history compelling and interesting. Others find it a history lesson in how to fail the galaxy.

You begin to talk about what you can do next to improve it -- to make it a safer home, especially should the Empire come knocking. It's a little too obviously a Jedi place today and Hethan Romund suggests strongly that some kind of camouflage will be important if word ever gets out that there are lightsabers in the mountains...
OOC:
Here ends Lure of the Lost segment. In the interest of being fair to your time, I think I'd like to hit the *pause* button for a bit given my work/life schedule has presented me with much fewer chances to spend time here. It's nothing too hideous -- just a confluence of events that take away from my availability (and will do until ~Sept/Oct).

It's been awhile since I've awarded XP -- and you completed a significant milestone, so let's assume all active people (Heyop, Csillag, Marc and Mal -- assuming we haven't lost Mal) get 35 XP to cap things off. I'll lock this thread in a week or so, to give you guys time to narrate some backstory for your characters during this period if you want to.
Aug 15, 2017 4:45 am
It's been an awesome campaign. Thank you for letting me join in and learn the system. Looking forward to what comes next :)
Aug 21, 2017 8:19 pm
Marc will train constantly with his lightsaber, working tirelessly to improve his skill in Lightsaber combat. Hopefully, his efforts pay off. Marc also studies hand-to-hand combat every morning, going through the ancient Taras Kasi forms each morning and practicing Kata forms against practice dummies and droid remotes. Each evening, Marc goes to the top of the temple and meditates, drawing power through on the Force and with the help of the three holocron personalities and the aid of Hethan Romund, attempting to unlock the power of the two Bardottan Spheres that his mother had infused into him so he can access them. In order to be able to access the spheres, the holocrons encourage Marc to examine the lives of the insects and birds around him to better understand both them and himself. Marc learns to slip into the minds of the small creatures and understand how they think and live, riding along in their minds to learn about them and watching over them, guiding them around danger, experiencing their failures and triumphs with them. He opens his mind to the way other beings think and view their world and in so doing, is finally able to access the spheres infused into his spirit.

After successfully unlocking the ability to draw on the two Bardottan Spheres within himself Marc takes a sabbatical to Cloud City upon the advice of Hethan Romund. While in the underground of Cloud City, Marc rescues a Jerethian Clamberwolf native to Jereth VI named Bendak Starkiller from the fighting pits where he has been forced to fight to all manner of creatures and even other humanoids so his captors can make money from him. Bendak has been genetically modified by his captors since they don't want to lose their investment, most notably by nanites which increase the Clamberwolf's Brawn and give him Regeneration so that he is not as likely to die. Marc empathizes with Bendak Starkiller's plight and frees him from the fighting pits. Both Bendak and Marc are badly wounded in a vicious battle with the slavers as they attempt to flee Cloud City. Marc does not want to draw attention to himself, so he had left his lightsaber on board the ship and is forced to fight with blasters and his hands and feet. By the end of the battle, both Bendak is badly wounded and Marc is dying, bleeding out from an awful wound in his back from a Vibro Axe. Bendak has been wounded as well and is bleeding profusely. He crawls onto Marc and through the Animal Bond they have formed, Marc knows that Bendak is willing with all of his might for Marc to not die. Their blood is mingled together as they lay there together. A passing thug is tempted to try to steal what he can from Marc but the warning grow from Bendak is enough to send him cowering. Bendak refuses to leave Marc though Marc attempts to urge him to flee and save himself. Marc's last though as he falls asleep is regret that he was not able to save Bendak and get him someplace safe so he can live out his life without having to fight in the pits. Marc awakes the next morning on the dock still yet. A dock worker is yelling to him to "get off the dock, ya lazy bum and take your animal with you"! To Marc's astonishment, his wounds have completely healed. Bendak is also completely recovered. The only evidence of the violent struggle is the torn clothing Marc is wearing and the dried blood on himself and Bendak. The bodies of their assailants have disappeared by some means. Marc wastes no time in boarding the ship with Bendak and getting away from Cloud City. He takes a long and circuitous route back to the planet where his friends and the Temple are. During the trip, Marc examines himself and discovers that there is not even a scar where what should have have been his death wound from the Vibro Axe had struck him. Marc feels a sense of smugness from Bendak through their bond. He turns and looks at the clamberwolf curiously. On impulse, Marc picks up a kitchen knife and holds it to his wrist. He feels a calm reassurance from Bendak through their bond. Marc slashes his arm violently. Blood streams from the cut at first and pain flashes through his arm as it were a normal wound but in mere seconds the cut has closed and it heals rapidly even as he watches it in disbelief. It's not something through the Force, he can tell that. Somehow, Bendak Starkiller, the unstoppable champion of the fighting pits has managed to share his healing Nanites with Marc. Whether it's a byproduct of the Bond, or what, Marc does not know but he appreciates the implications. He feels good, really, really good. Additionally, he feels stronger and more agile. He breathes in the air slowly and feels Bendak through the Bond they share. For the first time in a long time, Marc feels like he is not alone. Bendak is with him and they are brothers now. Now, and for as long as they both live.
Aug 22, 2017 2:38 pm
Heyop makes his rounds finding out Kaveri information if she goes out on the hunt again. He'll see what he can do for an old ammunitions tech in the rebel forces to see if he could get Mal into a plane if need be or if there was one available. He talks to Dagger of his murderous intentions and Urik of his pride since it might one day lead down a path he doesn't want to take. With Marc going his own wayward path and unsure of Csillag's plans he tells Romunda farewell for now to do what he hadn't done for a long time, visit the mass grave of where his dead family was buried.

Realizing the cloud he had been in mourning the death of his family and that the universe around him still moved with him standing still or in motion he started to move looking for someone to assist him refining his light saber and hunting down old contacts to take up the cause of the rebellion again. He hoped to search for other hidden and forgotten sights and help those as Romund had him to focus their powers and steer them towards the decision to use their powers for good or keep themselves in hiding. If anything it helped them be prepared to fight if they needed it.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.