Jorune: Strange Allies Sequence 1.2

load previous
Mar 8, 2016 7:38 pm
"What should I do?" offers Yongap. He is a bit confused as to the secret dealings that are going on and what the implications are, but the group has done right by him thus far so he is inclined to trust their judgment.
Mar 10, 2016 9:06 am
Ullis looks at the sailor, Yongap. "Why don't you and I look after the rest of the crew, and see if we can't figure out who is making a deal with Elonpo?"
Mar 10, 2016 9:10 am
Vordenir takes Gythaar and Miniri aside. "I think we should take turns watching the port side of the ship. Miniri, you heard something about something being "ready on the port side;" I figure we'll see something if we keep our eyes open between the three of us."
Mar 10, 2016 9:12 am
Barragar nods to Marik. "Let's go, then, and see what we can see."
OOC:
Marik, describe what you're doing to join Barragar in stealth - which skill(s) you'll use, and what levels you have it/them at.
Mar 10, 2016 9:30 am
Gythaar nods his agreement with Vordenir's suggestion, and goes to look wight away.
OOC:
Wow. This cat is slipping in his old age!
Last edited March 10, 2016 9:30 am

Rolls

Spot (14) - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Mar 10, 2016 6:25 pm
Yongap agrees with his role, and begins to mingle with the crew. Through carefully-crafted questions and statements, he tries to get someone to reveal something related to Elonpo and his shenanigans.

Rolls

Fast Talk (9) - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Mar 10, 2016 6:42 pm
Marik follows along with the Barrager, keeping his head low and taking care not to be seen, and not to be too conspicuous.
OOC:
I didn't realize there was a Tail skill. I only have Silent Movement and Hide in City (which may be applicable?) Both skills are 12/Experienced

EDIT: Wow, those were some atrocious rolls :(
Last edited March 10, 2016 6:44 pm

Rolls

Silent Movement vs 12/E - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Hide in City vs 12/E - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Tail vs No Skill at all - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Mar 12, 2016 4:36 pm
Miniri nods at Vordenir, extra enthusiastically when Gythaar takes the first watch. She fades away into the crew to avoid drawing attention to their meeting. She finds someone engaged in their task and begins asking a series of rapid fire questions about what they're doing.

Rolls

Fast Talk (F/11) - No really, she's working - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Mar 12, 2016 5:46 pm
By now, it is late night. Ullis has gone aloft, subtly interviewing sailors in the rigging. Yongap has remained on deck, talking to sailors as they come off shift while appearing busy every time he feels the humorless gaze of Wen Lonson turned in his direction. Lej is not much of a conversationalist, but Yongap hears enough to satisfy himself that it wasn't the corastin plotting with Elonpo - his thoughts are too simple and his ability to express himself in Entren too limited. Figuring the woffen knows his crewmates better than newcomers could, Yongap talks to Renno, asking him about the crew. He figures the woffen is not a suspect, because Miniri would have recognized the voice. Renno is not particularly eloquent, but he enjoys talking, and Yongap overwhelms him with a flow of conversation. With occasional probing questions, Yongap gleans some information: there are a bunch of old-timers on the crew such as Lej and Agnar, and a few relative newcomers like Vex (the newest deckhand, who started aboard the ship at the beginning of this trip in Jasp) and Elvar (who signed on in Kaigon the previous trip, three months ago). Elvar is a toady (though Renno refers to him as a "beagre") who has been currying favor with the Captain, despite the Captain rarely showing his face abovedecks (none of the PCs have even seen the Captain). Vex is tolerable, though prone to occasional fits of rage, so Renno advises giving the human a wide berth.

Miniri, meanwhile, has collared Targus over near the port side of the ship. The bronth is laconic, which in his case comes off as wisdom rather than stupidity. He's been on the crew a long time and has pithy comments on each crewmember.
Wen's stern but fair. Agnar is tired and sick.

From the moment Barragar stepped out of the cabin, Marik had a hard time following him. The shadow warrior is like a ghost, moving improbably silently for someone so large. Marik quickly finds his stride and is able to move very quietly in the boccord's wake. They make their way to a stern hatch and slide belowdecks for the first time. Barragar had watched the traffic in and out of the hatches and suspected that the passenger cabins would be close at hand. The Captain you've heard about presumably resides below, as well as Wen Lonson. Regular sailors such as yourselves have no business being belowdecks unless they've been given explicit directions to do so by an officer. Wen has just come out when you slip through the door behind him. A long corridor stretches before you both, with doors to staterooms on either side. There are five doors on each side, and then a door at the opposite end, at least 100' away from you.

It's a dull night for Gythaar and Vordenir as they work the sails and keep an eye on the port side of the ship. Gythaar doesn't notice at first, but the bronth catches his eye and wags his snout down where a figure stands with a bridled talmaron near the port rail.
Mar 14, 2016 6:55 pm
Marik stalks silently over to the first door and opens it slightly, peering in to see what's in there.

Rolls

Move Silently vs 12/E - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Mar 15, 2016 2:50 pm
Miniri and Yongap find each other and share their information on the deck. Ullis drops down next to them from a creaking spar overhead. He hisses "Someone's been busy!" and nods his head to the talmaron enclosure, which is now empty.

Meanwhile, above and several meters to port, Vordenir and Gythaar see the shadowy figure joined by another, leading another bridled talmaron to the port rail.

Marik and Barragar each silently open opposite doors. Marik sees an empty cabin, small but comfortable, and so neat that it's either not used or belongs to the prissy Wen Lonson himself. Barragar emerges from the door opposite and whispers: "Sleeping passengers." Just then, the door three down on the left (the fourth door) opens and a heavily armed human steps out. The human gives a barely perceptible pause at the sight of them, then walks casually toward them. It's Elonpo himself.
Mar 16, 2016 10:29 pm
"Elonpo, my friend, I didn't know you were on this ship! What are you doing here?" Marik asks casually, trying to appear as though they weren't looking for him in particular.

Rolls

Social vs 12 - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Great success? - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Mar 18, 2016 7:16 pm
Elonpo's shoulders tense as you greet him, then he frowns at your use of his name. His eyes roll for a moment, as he tries to place where he knows you. Clearly, his mind was elsewhere. But then he places you: "Ah, yes, from the flight from Burdoth..." He continues to approach, smiling now. "What an incredible coincidence, to see you here! I'm on my way to Jasp. Are you bound for Jasp, too? I haven't seen you on the ship until now. Where have you been? Let's talk about it up in the fresh air..."

The man clanks with weapons, but he seems reassured by your greeting, completely at ease. He moves past you, leading the way to the stairs up to the deck.
OOC:
Marik can do a SPOT check, at which he'll almost certainly succeed.
Mar 18, 2016 7:19 pm
Marik watches Elonpo closely.

Rolls

SPOT vs 17 - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Mar 18, 2016 7:28 pm
As the human warrior saunters past, Marik notices a bit of blood spattered on the man's arm. Barragar does not react to this: either he's not paying attention or he's presenting a placid mask. At the bottom of the stairs, Elonpo turns and inquires: "Coming?
Mar 18, 2016 8:16 pm
"Did you get hurt?" Marik asks innocently, pointing out the blood splatters to Barragar and Elonpo, "I have some skill in healng if you'd like me to look it over."

If Elonpo turns to attack or perform any hostile action Marik will use his Power Hold ability
OOC:
I doubt he's gonna buy this lol

Rolls

Social vs 12 - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Power Hold (Dysha) vs 10/E - (1d20)

(5) = 5

You do not have permission to post in this thread.