The Militant Order of the Radiant Sword

Nov 24, 2015 6:06 am
The Radiant Sword is locked in constant struggle against a vast demon army (0)
and it's followers are trained from young age to bear arms against them (1)
The Order is divided into different paths (1)
Such as the Champions of the Radiant Sword [Paladins] and the Canters of the Radiant Sword [Cleric/Bards] (2)
Nov 25, 2015 10:43 pm
Given the scar's origins, the Radiant Sword are absolutely intolerant of Sorcerors and Warlocks, with standing orders to kill them on sight(2c). Wizards are tolerated as their skills are occasionally necessary(1c), but only just barely. Many members of the Radiant Sword believe arcane power to be a form of demonic corruption(1c).
Dec 4, 2015 1:48 am
Just reposting this in this thread as well:

"The souls of Knights of the Radiant Sword who die in battle against the demons are bound to The Brink. Their souls fight on eternally against the demon hordes in this ravaged landscape. (1) "

And additionally:

The Ascendant Edge is a Knight that has achieved what he believes transcends the ultimate purpose of the Order of the Radiant Sword. Not all members of the Order agree (1).

The Ascendant Edge was forged when a Knight of the Order sacrificed himself to bind a Pit Fiend. A Solar fought by the Knight's side to weaken the Pit Fiend that he might be bound. But the gravity of the binding ritual was greater than any could have forseen, and the Knight and Solar were drawn in and bound too. Thus was the mortal's soul made the glue between the Aspects of Good and Evil, Law and Chaos. The resultant being has lost all its former selves, but shows vestiges of the identities that formed it.

Ascendant Edge (1)
-Formerly a Knight of the Radiant Sword (1)
-Died in battle (1)
-Simultaneously fused with a demon and an angel (2)
Dec 6, 2015 3:50 pm
Joining the Knights of the Radiant Sword is a calling. The worthy are blessed with a Heralding dream which shows them the battle at the Brink. Once a knight has the dream, she is filled with a yearning to travel there. The Calling can be delayed for a period, but it becomes increasing difficult to resist as the dreams continue. (3)
Dec 21, 2015 12:34 am
foaloke says:
Wizards are tolerated as their skills are occasionally necessary(1c), but only just barely.
Spending (3c) to change this as follows: Wizards and Bards are tolerated, though not always welcomed, if they be "of Righteous mien": non-chaotic non-evil, and ideally multiclassed with Cleric or Paladin.
May 24, 2017 3:02 am
A special contingent of 'heartblighted' Radiant Sword Champions hunt the Ascendant Edge (1) as it is evidence of heresy which will not be tolerated during a war with the demons (1). The Ascendant Edge is one of the four signs of the end times (1).

The four signs have been forgotten (1) by all but the oldest beings (1).
Jun 3, 2017 2:05 am
The Walking Confessors (1)

An order of the Radiant Sword that travels the lands around the Brink and sometimes much further, rooting out evidence of demonic corruption (2). Formed a century ago after a warlock in a distant town opened an Abyssal portal in an attempt to widen the Brink for her unspeakable masters (2).
Jun 3, 2017 2:52 am
Some familial lines experience a higher rate of Calling then normal. (1) This is due to the presence of a genetic link to an angel or aasimar ancestor. (1) When such a bloodline is discovered, a family may be approached by a recruiter to incentivize having more children (1) and present members of the Sword are encouraged to bear many children when on leave from the Brink. (1) Such eugenics are not frowned upon within the order due to the gravity of the mission. (1) However, one of the tenets of the order, "Who one lays with is their own concern," does not allow the order to compel any to create soldiers. (1)
Jun 4, 2017 4:18 am
foaloke says:
The Walking Confessors (1)

An order of the Radiant Sword that travels the lands around the Brink and sometimes much further, rooting out evidence of demonic corruption (2). Formed a century ago after a warlock in a distant town opened an Abyssal portal in an attempt to widen the Brink for her unspeakable masters (2).
Confession is mandatory. (1)
Jun 4, 2017 4:25 am
Tenets of the Radiant Sword

1) Heed the call. (1)
2) Abide no corruption. (1)
3) ...
Jun 12, 2017 3:12 am
3) Sword and sheath are your own concern.

A double entendre that means both what I mentioned before about their sexual freedom (when faced with overwhelming terror everyday, the corp of the Sword really don't care about where the Allmother split ya). It also is a vigilant reminder that even in the midst of peace, one's sword should be sharp and at the ready and that it is nobody's responsibility to remind you.
Jun 27, 2017 3:50 am
Jesse, did you make this or find this?

I thought I had posted the Undying Flagellant somewhere but I can't find him now. I am wondering if he is the counterpart to the fallen angel. If an angel is Lawful Good and they fall, why would the become a devil? Because they are still lawful? I feel a truly fallen angel may end up on the other side of the wheel a demonic force looking to corrupt all. If such is the case, what would the opposite be? The risen demon? The Undying Flagellant that punishes its wickedness with pain so as to revisit its own action against itself lest it forget.
Jun 28, 2017 3:28 am
I... think he made it? It looks similar to the House Orin seal over in the adventure forum, so I'm assuming he made both. They look good! I could see 'em on banners.

Also: The Undying Flagellant. I feel like a fallen angel could end up on either law or chaos, depending on the circumstances, since it's assumed that the good-evil axis is the important one in that situation. Same the other way for a rising demon. That's the fallen angel imprisoned under the Red Delves, yes?
Jun 29, 2017 3:41 am
Yep, I made it. :)

I was just messing around last week and figured I'd share. Feel free to change House insignias or whatever
Jul 12, 2017 4:19 am
The Militant Order of the Radiant Sword is an organic entity that has grown as an anomaly in Javed's psychohistorical divinations.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.