Rule Things

Nov 26, 2015 12:01 am
Rules thread. Hopefully we won't need too many. Edit this post to add 'em in if you need to.

Refreshment time limit:

Official refreshment period will be 3 weeks starting at the time of declaration(1c)
If everyone finishes before the period is up, the next round begins immediately(1c)
If one or more persons are not finished with the event before the end of the 3 weeks, all those finished may move ahead with the next round(1c). Persons unfinished will have the option of either finishing their refreshment late for 1/2 the coin allotment, or waiting out the round entirely and joining in on the next refreshment(2c).

(That should hopefully keep things moving. Not sure if 2 weeks or 3 would be better, so I'm erring on the long side. Feel free to add/change.)
May 26, 2017 6:46 am
I'm going to try to hold myself to a different rule. Since only the three of us are really playing, I will only comment on a post once the two of you have commented on a post. This will help cycle things up. Also, I hit the second page and just started writing on the things that haven't gotten some love in a while. Also, I need to start a thread for the Underdark Forest and the Grigoran Dwarves. And maybe the Crossroads where this whole adventure started.
May 27, 2017 1:42 am
themightykobold says:
I'm going to try to hold myself to a different rule. Since only the three of us are really playing, I will only comment on a post once the two of you have commented on a post.
I feel like that might give you the anxious jitters, as you seem to have a higher volume output than Jesse or I =P
Jun 3, 2017 5:52 am
Yeah.... I'm just going with the second part and waiting a bit before I go on my frenzies so it gives you two a chance to input.
Jun 5, 2017 12:45 am
Posts on The Tattered Verge can only be written in verse (1).
Jun 11, 2017 2:53 am
Do the verses need to be consecutive with the previous post, or can they be any verse about the world?
Jun 13, 2017 10:29 pm
Anything I guess. I thought it would serve more as a book opening poem about the world. Might have to be all put together later as a bit of a Theogony.
Jul 7, 2017 2:49 am
Sooo, I've been thinking. We have lots of good worldbuilding here but I think we need a next step. I think we need custom monsters, tables and descriptions of some of the alchemical goods and materials we've created, and rough maps and art ideas. This will start to pull this from a collection of pieces into a marketable product.

A year from now, I'd like to see us selling this shit at GenCon.
Jul 9, 2017 6:05 pm
Ya, I like that idea. And I agree that we have a lot of good material so far, and a nice next step would be some concrete widgets like maps, items, npcs, adventures, etc
Jul 9, 2017 7:14 pm
Backgrounds and races too
Jul 9, 2017 7:30 pm
I feel like a map is probably the most urgent thing at the moment, or at least we need to pin down where places are in the world in relation to each other. Pretty sure we're working off of three different, vaguely conflicting mental maps right now =P
Jul 9, 2017 9:25 pm
Lol, truth. Occasionally I'll be like, "but that's impossible, that place is on the other side of the continent!"

"To the EAST?! The fuck it is!!"

You do not have permission to post in this thread.