Gamers' Plane's 2 year anniversary!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 1, 2015 5:06 pm
Two years ago today, I relaunched Gamers' Plane for the umpteenth time. I'd been working on a Play-by-Post focused site for years at that point, with many many failed launches under my belt. I figured, I'll give it a fresh design, work on some brand new code, and put it up. If it fails this time, maybe it'll be my last time; I'll work on more productive projects. It was a slow go. It took a month for the first person I didn't know personally to sign up. It took 8 months till people started signing p in earnest, actually looking through and trying the site out. And now two years later, we've had over 120 people active in the last month, we have over 150 games (a number of them test games/closed games, but hey, whatever), over 36000 posts on the forums!

For me, the work will never be done, and I'll always say there's a long way to go. But when I started, all I wanted was to build a PbP site that people wanted to be on, to build a community that was friendly and interactive, and you guys have given me both in spades. It's thanks to all of you that I'm still working on this site, and that I'm this active in the RPG community as a whole.

I'm looking forward to the future of the site, and as it grows, it'll get even better. I'm hoping to raise enough funds some day to make it look like I wish it could, make a mobile app, and make it generally better. Specially with the holidays around the corner, I wanna remind everyone you can use the GP Amazon and DriveThru RPG referral links to help support the site as you're doing your holiday shopping. As always, if you have any thoughts, concerns, suggestions, I'm always open to it.
Dec 1, 2015 5:11 pm
As someone entirely new to P-B-P before stumbling on to this site, long may GP reign. Congrats!
Dec 1, 2015 5:39 pm
Keleth,

Speaking for myself, and I am sure may others here, we appreciate the hard work you put into this, and I know the payoff isn't monetary a lot of times, but know that you give a lot of us a way to play D&D casually, and even better for those that don't have a group or usual set of friends to play with. This might be the only way they can play, and that is, like the MasterCard ads, Priceless sir!

We all appreciate it. Happy 2 years, and I will do some shopping off your referral links!
Dec 1, 2015 5:44 pm
I just wanted to say: THANK YOU SO MUCH for your work. I can't believe you set this up, but it is truly spectacular!
Dec 1, 2015 5:57 pm
Congrats -- and thank you for your time and effort!
Dec 1, 2015 10:42 pm
Gamers Plane is by far my favorite site on the web!

Congrats on two years and here's to many, many more...
Dec 1, 2015 10:56 pm
Congrats. If i ever pull the walket out to get the things i want from amazon i will definitely gonthrough the link.
Dec 1, 2015 11:02 pm
Woot! Happy birthday GP, and good job on an amazing site, Keleth
Dec 2, 2015 6:26 am
Happy Birthday, GP! You have no idea how important i is to me being able to log in here every day and play some RPG. This site keeps me sane. Special thanks to you, Keleth for all your hard work building this community! Cheers!
Dec 3, 2015 4:05 pm
Keleth, you are doing a great job. It doesn't have corporate-level design and graphics, but really, who cares? I'll be sticking around for quite some time. You should find some way of getting paid for all of this traffic you are creating. I would use the Amazon referral for you but I'm in the UK.
Dec 3, 2015 4:25 pm
Biscuitfiend says:
Keleth, you are doing a great job. It doesn't have corporate-level design and graphics, but really, who cares? I'll be sticking around for quite some time. You should find some way of getting paid for all of this traffic you are creating. I would use the Amazon referral for you but I'm in the UK.
I think if you click the link and change it to co.uk (that's the right link, right?) it should work.

I'd love to monetize the traffic, but it's actually still pretty light. It's about 500 hits a day with about 150 unique users daily. I don't like ads. I still need to gamify the site, which would open up some donation reward options.im till considering making a character/game limit, with donations unlocking more/unlimited.
Dec 3, 2015 4:38 pm
I'd be happy with that. It keeps donations voluntary. I'll try the other thing if I buy from Amazon again
Dec 5, 2015 2:18 pm
Congrats Keleth! This site has been an awesome addition to my online activity. It's something that would interfere with work if I let it, haha. Im going to try and set up a recurring donation, thanks for all your hard work!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.