Sample Character (Sastren, Coppercloud)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 3, 2015 4:26 pm
Name: Sastren
Concept: Former Steel Ministry Functionary
Race: Noble; Sex: Female; Age: 28; Height: 5' 8"; Weight: 120lbs

1. Why did you join the crew?
It's what I've always done, since I left the ministry. Contract work in the underbelly of society. I provide a safe house, and I provide safety. In return, no one asks my name. I find security from the steel eyes of the Inquisitors by remaining mobile, and throwing in with those who want to be as hidden as myself. In my small way, I hope I am contributing to a better future. But, maybe, I'm just staying alive.

DRIVE: Stay alive

2. How did you live before you joined the crew?
I was an obligator, worked for the canton of orthodoxy. We kept an eye on things, mostly on the ministry itself. I mostly organized paperwork and visited other stations to keep an eye on things. Always keeping an eye.

PROFESSION: Obligator

3. What special skill do you bring to the crew?
A crew hires me for one reason - to stay hidden. If they can find me.

SPECIALTY: Can hide anything

4. What is your most distinctive feature?
A skill you pick up in the canton of orthodoxy, a certain way of being that takes over the mannerisms of every obligator I knew, is this expression that is so plain, so passive and yet so threatening that no one can pierce through it.

FEATURE: Unreadable expression

5. How do other people describe your personality?
Maybe it was the things I saw, maybe it was the things I did, but since I left the Ministry I've been numb on the outside. People regard me as oblivious, unconcerned, uncaring. Some see this as fearlessness, given what I do, others see it, rightly, as indifference.

PERSONALITY: Indifferent

6. Do you have any special powers?
Yes. I am a Smoker. A Misting gifted with the ability to burn copper.

Average (Misting - Copper)

7. Are you especially fit, smart, or charismatic?
No. It was always my allomancy and my knack for having the right tool for the job that made me useful to the obligators, never my fitness, intelligence, or charisma.

Weak (not exceptional)

8. Are you well-fed or do you struggle to get by?
I've always been good at getting the things I need to survive. Call it a knack, or call it luck, whatever it is it's kept me, and my crews, alive.

Strong (abundance of spirit)

9. What is the worst thing that ever happened to you?
I saw it happen. I wasn't supposed to see it, but I saw it. One of them had come to my station, an Inquisitor, with the eerie steel eyes. He took the skaa woman we had found who had been impersonating an obligator into the back room. He thought he pulled the curtain shut, but it was open a bit and I could see. I tried not to look, but I saw her squirming on the table... and then he took this.. spike.. out of his robes. It was over in a moment, he stabbed in through her chest. Her body writhed for a second before it fell still. Then he removed it, and tucked it back under his robes. Kept the spike as a trophy. Then he saw me, staring.... They tortured me for days. To this day the things they did, the things they showed me, return to my mind whenever I close my eyes. I don't know how I escaped, but I managed it. I hope I die before they find me again...

TRAGEDY: Tortured by Inquisitors

10. What do you believe is your ultimate purpose?
I am a broken spirit, shattered by what I have seen and shattered by reflections on what I have done. The pain and suffering my actions brought to the world, and the pain and suffering that is the world we live in. I am good at surviving and hiding. I bring these talents and resources to the aid of those with the courage, tenacity and determination I lack. In this small way, I believe I can contribute to changing the world. And for this world, any change is change for the better.

DESTINY: Support those with the will to make a difference

Powers
Misting (Copper 5)
Stunt: Larger Coppercloud (extends out to 100 paces, medium range)

Attributes
Physique: 3
Wits: 3
Charm: 3

Standings
Resources: 3
Influence: 2
Spirit: 8

Resiliences
Health: 6
Willpower: 11

Props
Misting Vial (Copper)
Disguise

You do not have permission to post in this thread.