Episode 1: A New Home

load previous
Feb 2, 2016 1:50 pm
"Yeah, let's find the medical supplies first, then we can worry about anything else."
Feb 2, 2016 6:25 pm
Beren will then wander about with Jarek, window shopping and looking for some medical supplies. "I figure if we find something," he notes, "we can call the others and let them know."
Feb 2, 2016 7:49 pm
Beren and Jarek begin looking at the various buildings within the City. Sometimes it's a little hard to notice whats inside of the stoor due to the rain and the influx of people walking near you guys but for the most part you're at least fitting in. For how dark the skies are due to the storm and with the Sun recently setting the neon signs give the town a pretty look to it. Enough to be pleasant to the eye without going overboard. You keep an eye out trying to find a building that would house medical goods and services for sale.
OOC:
Would you guys please give me a perception check. Go for skilled assistance so that you may get the best possible roll. The difficulty will be 2 Purples and 2 Blacks
Bas, M4-TE, and Morjak begin to walk into their section of town and within a few minutes they approach what appears to be the central area of the town. There's not as many people out due to the weather but night life is still relatively flowing around town. You catch a glimpse of a general store but before you could enter it you realized that is has closed for the evening. A passing Twi'lek notes as she passes the three of you that if you need something from a general store that Higbee's Hole a bit more north of the town also sells a lot of the goods youd see in here, despite also being a Catina at night.
Feb 2, 2016 7:53 pm
OOC:
Jarek: I have Cunning 2, Perception 1 - so I'd be YG. Do you have a higher cunning or perception?
Feb 2, 2016 7:57 pm
Bas grins and smiles at the nice lady as her helpful advise might get them what they need waving as she leaves. Once she's gone and they start in the direction Bas speaks up, "Yall think thiss here iss one of them ambushes on the way?" he stated the grass stem twitched in his mouth. With a hand on his pistol hilt he slithers down the way to a possible Catina/General Store.
Feb 2, 2016 8:10 pm
OOC:
Unfortunately I only have 2 Cunning, we just get YG :(

We're looking around for med shop!

Shouldn't it read 1 success, 3 threat, 1 triumph since a triumph counts as success as well?
Last edited February 2, 2016 8:25 pm

Rolls

Looking for med shop

3 Success, 1 Triumph, 2 Failure, 3 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 3 Threat, 1 Triumph

Feb 2, 2016 11:17 pm
"Unlikely. If this were an ambush, we would have been ambushed by now."
Feb 3, 2016 1:19 am
"Agreed. We probably look like the outsiders that we are, and she was nice enough to direct strangers where they might want to be. I think we should check it out. If you like I can communicate this change in direction to the others." The droid moves on toward the new destination.
Feb 3, 2016 5:07 pm
Through the heavy rain you notice two patrolling imperial soldiers near a building up ahead. They stand near it for a little while as you walk towards it. You two notice they're watching the people that walk in and out of the building. One watches while the other seems to be talking into a com device. After a little while they begin to resume their patrol down the street. You overhear one of the soldiers say "Run these descriptions and see if we get any matches" before rambling facial features and some names.

You look into the building and you notice what appears to be some sort of shop. A human fronts it behind the counter. You watch as he slips in the back for a second before retrieving what appears to be medical supplies for a potential customer.
OOC:
triumph does count as a pass
-----------

After a bit of looking you find Higbees sitting on the second floor of a tall building in a slightly rundown, but still charming part of town. There's a staircase that brings you to the entrance of the Catina. You open the door and you are met with a swath of patrons having a good time. There's a couple tables open towards the center of the Catina and you notice through the music and crowd the bar counter in the back. Oddly it seems to be run by a duros, but there is a good amount of diversity within the town so it's not too unsettling.
Feb 4, 2016 11:58 am
Looking around Bas points at the tables that are free and the bar. "Imma ssee about where they ssell sstuff yall." Bas explains over the din of the crowd and slithers in.
Feb 4, 2016 9:14 pm
"Let's get our supplies, while the gettin is good, Jarek." Beren nods towards the backs of the departing Imperials. He picks up his comlink and dials Bas. "Yo Bas, can you hear me?" Beren will follow Jarek into the store if he heads that way -- after a few seconds if Jarek seems disinclined to go in first, Beren will start heading that way as he attempts to raise the other party.
Feb 4, 2016 9:40 pm
Jarek will walk in and speak to the shopkeeper when he's done with the other customer, "Hi, I'm looking for some medical supplies, any way you could help me out?"
Feb 6, 2016 6:48 pm
The shopkeeper looks at you almost dumbfounded and insulted before replying back to you?

"only type of people that ask that sort of question around here are imperial spies and people not from around here. Come to think of it I haven't seen the both of you around here before so you better have a good reason as to why you're here with us being under surveillance. You saw the guards out there didn't you?

---------

After awhile of watching the crowd flow you notice most of the shopping and drinking is purchased from the duros in the back behind the counter. Berets transmission begins to come through on your com link and some people around you are a little unsettled by that
Feb 6, 2016 10:05 pm
Points at the counter and waves the other two his way. Hearing his commlink go off and startling a few customers hebswitch to a quieter version that was large group of strangers friendly. " Yeah man, whatsss up?"
Feb 8, 2016 3:24 am
Beren will find a part of the store where it's quiet and where he can quietly whisper into his commlink. "Wanted to give you a quick heads up, Bas -- there's Imperials takin' facial captures and looking for lowlifes. They seem to be watching building entrances."
Last edited February 8, 2016 3:25 am
Feb 8, 2016 1:30 pm
"Oh... Well Dang..." Bas stated upon hearing the news, "Roger that, Guess we out to look into disguises jusst incasse. Thankss." Bas states before going back to let the others know about the possible need for disguises or just not be seen. They'd need to talk to the bartender about supplies also.

I'm gonna need a pair of shades and a hat...
Feb 8, 2016 1:53 pm
Jarek looks around to make sure no one's listening in before leaning in to whisper to the shopkeeper, "You're right, I'm not from around here, but I'm not an imperial spy. I just have a sick friend who's not gonna make it if I can't get these supplies."

Rolls

Negotiation to try to convince him to sell to me

2 Success, 2 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 2 Threat

Feb 9, 2016 2:13 pm
"Jarek or Beren. The next negotioation roll with this keep will require an extra black dice since he is unaware of your motivations completely at this moment (2 threat)
After looking at you for a long second he begins to soften his tone.

"Look youve got to be careful saying stuff like that around here. The empires been keeping tabs on this place for awhile. Ive got stuff, and its a lot cheaper than you're ever going to find on this planet. Ive got means and contacts who help get me these things so Im able to sell them off cheap to those who need them."

He gives a nod towards the man who he was helping earlier whose outside at the moment. You look behind him and you see him giving some sort of medicine to what appears to be his kid, who does not look well. Neither of them look very well off financially.

"So what kind of things are you looking for anyway?"
Feb 9, 2016 6:37 pm
"Bandages, burn ointment, and something to help replenish blood would be a start. Pain meds, while not necessary, would not be a bad idea. And some Bacta would be an amazing help as well, if you have any."

Rolls

Negotiation

4 Success, 1 Failure, 3 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 3 Threat

Feb 11, 2016 2:10 am
Morjak works to contain his disdain at the loud announcement that any one of them had reason to fear the Empire. Might as well have kept the rebel insignias on their clothes. He switches his comlink to a much lower volume.

Nonetheless, he keeps a straight face as he walks up to the duros barkeep. "Good day. I was told we could get supplies here--we need to restock our medbay and replace some broken equipment."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.