Chapter 2.1 - Into the Strange

load previous
Feb 3, 2016 2:10 am
Remnant says:
OOC:
Did I figure anything out with my 16?
The spinning orb appears to be opening a translation gate. To where, or to whom, or more likely, to what, you are uncertain. In fact, you are not entirely certain how large this gate might be, but the locus of it is expanding. Could it be so large as to encompass the whole asteroid? Surely not!
Feb 3, 2016 2:24 am
(Ooc the 6 would hit because my Speed defense training is only when I'm not wearing armor. But since I rolled 2 19s right before my failed roll, we could consider that I got a 1-round asset to Speed defense - if ok with you)
Feb 3, 2016 3:27 am
Ultrann36 says:
(Ooc the 6 would hit because my Speed defense training is only when I'm not wearing armor. But since I rolled 2 19s right before my failed roll, we could consider that I got a 1-round asset to Speed defense - if ok with you)
That's fine with me.
Feb 3, 2016 10:47 am
Eli radios in to Awayium that they've opened a translation gate, and to advise what we should do.

(Whose go is it now?)
Feb 3, 2016 11:29 am
OOC:
After AJ's Speed Defense roll I believe it is me then the three of you and then the aliens.
Feb 3, 2016 12:40 pm
OOC:
Good Lord, you people are machines. Either that or time really is slipping away from me.
It feels like all I'm doing is running around, jumping out of the way of this or that, whatever seems to be flying my way, trying to kill me!

Rolls

Speed Defense (Specialized) - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Feb 3, 2016 2:21 pm
AJ easily dodges the attack coming at him.

Your attacks or actions are up next.
Feb 3, 2016 2:46 pm
OOC:
If I get a minor effect as one who adapts to any environment I'll use the minor effect out of the book +2 points recovered
Floats on Thunder points at the new alien on the terminal, "This one works to make a door between the dream worlds, more may come through or something worse! We finish him and the machine or we may be in great peril" he states over blaster fire before he dances again trying to channel his sound of his steps into bend reality again.

Rolls

Exception Task Level 3 (9) Using Effort on damage (4+3 damge on a hit) - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Feb 3, 2016 3:16 pm
The alien takes horrendous damage, but in spite of flesh atrophe, continues to operate the machine.
Feb 3, 2016 3:25 pm
Eli waits a split second to see what his allies can do before he opens fire

(I'm hoping the others target T10 at the terminal. If they miss, I shoot at him. If he dies I fire at T6)

Rolls

Spike rifle (7+2)=9 damage (1 level of Effort to hit) - (1d20+3)

(8) + 3 = 11

Feb 3, 2016 5:15 pm
I join Floats on Thunder in pressing the attack on the alien at the terminal.
OOC:
Targeting T10

Rolls

Attack (5 damage) - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Feb 3, 2016 5:39 pm
Eli's spike rifle blows a hole through the side of the terminal the alien is hiding behind, zero-G sparks flitting out of the wreckage, but the alien remains standing.

Moments later AJ shoots the same being and it drops. The third alien in that group bolts in fear.

Awium speaks into the communicator "On my way!"

GM Intrusion: Eli, take 1 xp for yourself and give 1 xp to another player. Your rifle shot has busted the aliens terminal. Oh no!
Feb 3, 2016 5:53 pm
OOC:
Do I needed to make a rolll to figure out what just happened?
Feb 3, 2016 6:04 pm
OOC:
No, it's obviously busted, but you don't know how bad from where you are.
Feb 4, 2016 3:20 pm
OOC:
I meant due to my understanding of The Strange are you getting ready to have some Michael Bay effects going off in here or should we start running away since this got very bad very quickly (Recursion tearing)? It's Szemely's turn so I don't have time to scream run away while I demonstrate... XD
Feb 4, 2016 8:39 pm
Remnant says:
OOC:
(Recursion tearing)?
OOC:
That's a great idea! But no. It appears to be a gate. Whether it may send the asteroid somewhere else, or bring something to you, you're not sure.
Feb 4, 2016 8:40 pm
Whose action is it? I thought we were waiting for the bad guys
Feb 4, 2016 8:56 pm
I think it's Diego's turn, then ... aliens, oh snap.
Feb 4, 2016 10:36 pm
Diego will target the that is running away from the terminal.

"Not so fast, Amigo!" he yells, cringing a bit when he does. "Just doesn't sound right without the accent"

He fires off a short burst from the machine pistol.
OOC:
Hey-oh!!

Diego is impaired, so I don't believe he gets any real bonuses for the 20.
Last edited February 4, 2016 10:37 pm

Rolls

Attack Roll - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Feb 5, 2016 1:11 am
Diego's machine pistol strikes the fleeing alien ({T9} takes 4+1 damage).
OOC:
When impaired, you don't cause any minor and major effects, and a roll of 17+ grants only +1 damage.
The three aliens near you are closing in, their energy weapons gripped tightly in their misshapen limbs. The interior of the asteroid has begun warping, stretching in weird lines and angles, making everything harder to predict.

The two aliens remaining below converge frantically on the system terminal.
AJ, Floats and Eli all make speed defense rolls, please, difficulty 12 (before modification for training/specialization).
load next

Thread locked