Pick your sheets

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 23, 2016 10:33 pm
As an intermediate step to bigger things, I've added what is ultimately a small change from the users point of view but is huge from the back end, I've added the ability for a GM to select what character sheets are allowed into a game. This means you can run a Custom game and allow DnD3 character sheets, or run a Shadowrun 5e game that uses 4e sheets. Or just run game that uses EVERY CHARACTER SHEET!

Please don't do that...

This means I can, with discussion with you guys, possibly let go of one of the tenants I've been following so far: a custom character sheet for every system. Instead, I could allow people to submit systems to add, they could create games using said system pretty quick, and then I could get to adding the character sheet for it in time. It would add some diversity, and still hold onto one of the things that makes Gamers' Plane so special.

Additionally, I've moved games from the MySQL database to Mongo. Unfortunately, I still haven't figure out the encoding issues we faced months ago (and I think are still facing today). In the conversion process, I again faced those encoding issues. I recommend all GMs look over your games, specially if you think you've used any accented characters (I know at least one game has the world cliche with the accented e in it).

Because of how big a change it is, I'm expecting bugs. I've been testing the code for the last week (I finished it a while back), but as we've seen many times, I miss scenarios you guys do think of. So... here's hoping it's not terrible.
Jan 24, 2016 8:08 pm
There seems to be a problem with selecting what character sheets to allow in a game. I am trying to create a game, and I need to select what character sheets to allow; however, the drop down arrow gives no options. When I type in the option and click plus nothing happens and it says I must select a type of character sheet to create the game.

Maybe I am missing something?

Thank you for the site I have been having a blast on it!
Jan 24, 2016 8:53 pm
Nope, not you! There was a bug, it's been fixed.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.