Before we get started...

load previous
Apr 6, 2015 2:24 pm
I'll set you as the GM.
Apr 9, 2015 4:40 pm
Ok, I'm GM, I've got the books and I'm starting to read through. I'll need some time before I'm ahead enough in the reading to start us up, but that won't be *too* far off. So, if you are still game go post in the Roll Call thread I created (Keleth this includes you too)! and on Monday I'm going to put out a call for more players.

I want to get the game going (at least as some lite introductory RP in a tavern while I read up on the adventure to get everyone in the groove and habit and build some character interactions) by the end of next week (characters don't need to be finished for then, mind you, just character concepts enough to RP).
Apr 13, 2015 2:23 pm
Regarding special items:

Can each of you private message me a short, one paragraph description of what the 'perfect signature item' for your character would look like (don't limit yourself to items and powers within the game system already - in fact don't even think about mechanics. Just *describe* to me what would be a perfect signature item for your character).

Also, looks like roll call brought 4 out of the woodworks, I'm going to open the campaign to fill the last slot, and I won't seek replacements for the originals who haven't chimed in on the roll call until we've gotten started.
Apr 19, 2015 2:56 am
Hi folks. Glad to be here. So, I am not exactly sure what I want to play. My first thought is half-elf Summoner. I hesitate only because that effectively gives me two characters to run and I don't know if the GM (or anyone else) has an issue with that. I intend to spec the eidolon out as a heavy hitter melee type. Making it a potential assistant tank. Then the Summoner would make a buffing Arcanist. Alternatively, I considered using the Synthesist build option, eliminating the two character issue.

Spell casters are my favorite type of class to play, but if anyone thinks there is gap that needs covering I'd consider another option
Apr 19, 2015 4:42 pm
Given the play by forum nature of the game, things go much more smoothly when players *don't* focus on summoning spells. That said, I'd streamline it the natural way and have your summon act on your initiative (so you can post yourself and your summon's actions at once) and as such, don't let "ease of play" deter you from the character you want to play!
Apr 19, 2015 4:44 pm
Also, I'm going to start the game (hopefully today, if not then tomorrow for sure) with the "Usual Tavern Intro" scene, to give everyone a chance to start getting into it while others finish polishing up their characters.

And, for those wondering, I'm still thinking about the "unique items". They will probably be on par with a level 2-3 magic item, but whatever each of them is will be an effect unavailable through the normal means of the system, which is to say - I'm making it up :) and as such, these things take a bit of time to do well (balance, flavour and all that need to be brought carefully into alignment).
Apr 19, 2015 9:51 pm
I'll try to get a character up in the next day or two. I'm kind of leaning to a rogue or rogue variant/hybrid. In DnD, I was a fan of Arcane Hands (Sorc/Rogue or Wiz/Rogue, leaning to the first).
Apr 19, 2015 10:20 pm
Awesome. I agree with the "summon on my initiative" and hopefully it won't be to much to track
Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Rolling for Hp. I haven't decided how to use the bonus HP/skill from each HD gained so this is just class+Con mod.

Rolls

hp roll - (15d8+45)

(372782141848726) + 45 = 115

Apr 21, 2015 5:00 pm
Alright folks, good and bad news.

Good News: I'm writing up the first thread now. Those with a character personality / name can get started (even if you're not quite done with your stats).

Bad News: I'm not going to keep Keleth's promise for custom items. I know that's a bit of a let down, however it's genuinely part of the hold up on my end. I just haven't had time to sit down and do it right. So, just go shopping with the amount of money that the system says you are allowed for a lv15 character, and pick one of those items and identify WHY that one is so special for your character (what makes it their "signature item"). I'll treat it as a story hook, and I'm certain you'll be happy with what I do with that item as the game progresses :)
Apr 21, 2015 5:06 pm
Sounds good. I think I've got an interesting idea or two.
Apr 21, 2015 5:28 pm
Great News We're live!
Apr 21, 2015 5:36 pm
Candi, you are a smarter person than I. I'll try to get a character in ASAP.
Apr 22, 2015 12:18 am
Damnit, you're saying I won't be able to walk around with a reusable Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch? CURSES, foiled again!

It's all good.
Apr 22, 2015 8:19 am
So, I found a ring that allows Summoners to absorb their Eidolons and gain temp HP. Normally while in the ring, Eidolons have returned to their or plane and cannot observe what is happening. What I would like to do for my ring to allow my Eidoln to manifest as a tiny creature with absolutely no impact on game play. This effect can be seen in the first play section. The Eidolon can't leave my presence or affect any of the real world beyond eating and drinking a little, maybe carring a little weight.
Apr 22, 2015 11:48 am
So slight change Candi: would you object to an alchemist/rogue or a pure alchemist? The only thing holding me back is that crafting alchemical things takes time/resources, but if possible, maybe I could have a magical item that either leads to an extradimentional alchemists shop or a "pop up" alchemy workbench, that would have general supplies/run faster? As long as I don't do something stupid?

If not, I'll go gunslinger :D I realize I always play a rogue, I wanna try something different.
Apr 22, 2015 11:56 am
foolsmask: I can't see a problem with that.

Keleth: I myself have always been fond of alchemists and less fond of the amount of time and resources it takes to be one (like, who ever wanted bookeeping to intervene on their fun!). So I'm happy with that. I'm not sure what a reasonable amount of time is, but lets say its an item that lets you (and you alone) pop into an extra-dimensional space where time passes more slowly. One round in game-time is 1 hour in that space. You can use it for up to 4 rounds per day. In that space there is all of your supplies.
Apr 22, 2015 2:14 pm
Awesome! Let me know how much it will cost me. Can I also use it to set longer concoctions (things that might require a day or two) brewing, and return from them later? Or will it only work for things that take 4 or less hours?
Apr 22, 2015 2:54 pm
Candi, is my flute of control going to fly or should I pick something else? Here is how I have it listed on my character sheet:

Flute of Control
3/3 per day; Lvl 10 caster; Range close (50 ft.); Targets up to 20 HD of huminoids or Monsters, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart; Duration 10 min.; Saving Throw Will negates; Spell Resistance yes

Also Keleth and I had discussed a riding war dog for my character is that still an option? If so I would like to upgrade the stats for a riding dog (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/animals/dog/riding-dog) something like a couple extra hit dice as well as a claw attack. What do you think?
Apr 22, 2015 3:26 pm
So yeah, I'm dropping the effects I PMed you about but keeping the general idea of the holy warhammer, it's a relic of Gerana with part of her own godly warhammer worked into the hilt. Just a bit of flavor.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.