Technical and mechanical discussions

Feb 18, 2016 2:42 pm
Fennec and Darthoingoboingo, can you guys add your characters to the character library? There's apparently a bug on the site that disallows me to see the character sheets if they are not in the Character Library even if they are in my game.

If you click on the Caracters tab in the top navbar it will take you to a list of all the characters that you've made. There is a button there to add the character to the library. Thanks.
Feb 18, 2016 4:00 pm
done!

I also put the matrix action chart on my char sheet and later I will add what stats I need to roll to do the actions. I'm a bit rusty on the rules since I haven't played in a while and I have to wait for a free moment to go through the rules.
Feb 18, 2016 11:41 pm
I hope that gets fixed quickly. Didn't realize how often I used that in the game I'm running until it didn't work anymore...
Feb 19, 2016 12:40 am
I took the artisan active skill for music. I wanted to have a discussion on exactly what that covers before it comes up in the game. Primarily I imagine that Vision would make digital music, but if I can also use that skill to sing and play guitar that would be cool.
Feb 26, 2016 5:07 pm
I'm assuming finding the delivery schedule for the area wouldn't just be a simple matrix search, I'll probably have to hack into their host. this is my first time playing 5e and I know the matrix rules a little different. can I hack them where I am now or do I have to be physically closer to the dispatch center?
Feb 27, 2016 12:47 pm
Fennec:
I think I'm going to run it like this: Anything that is related to general musical knowledge, reading music, humming a few bars, identifying musical styles and such; as well as anything related to creating your digital music, writing music, playing electronic keyboard, mixing, sampling and altering sounds (with the right equipment) you will get to use your full dice pool. Singing, I'll let you do at a -1 because most musicians can sing at least some, but that's not your focus. Anything else, like playing an instrument that you know how to work, but haven't actually practiced, I'll let you do at a -2.

darthoingoboingo:

I'm not really clear on where the line is intended to be in the rules, but I do know that the general intent was to get the decker to be on-scene more often. So I'm going to rule that you will need to be in range of their server in order to do it. You can be at a distance, but closer is better. From 100m to 1km from the target is -1 dice pool. Up to 10km from the target is -3. Up to 100km is -5. More than that is -8.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.