Interlude 1: First Steps

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Mar 1, 2016 3:02 pm
Sastren nods, "Good points. I'm afraid that if any escaped skaa remain in and near Mantiz, their lives will remain at risk. I can see about arranging for the safety and settlement of the skaa you free. I know a skaa living in the mountains free from noble rule, it is a hard life, but it will be far from here. Keep me informed of your plans, and I will let you know where to direct the skaa you free." She rises, and leaves you to complete your plans.
Mar 2, 2016 9:22 am
"So I can check with this woman I know named Sha Na. She's living here in Mantiz now, but she escaped from the Belen mine and can probably help paint a pretty accurate picture of the layout of the mine. So that, combined with the info that Dezire can provide about who to blame for the theft, will set us up for the big picture. The rest is details, which we can work on after we have the map and the identity of the family taking a fall. I'll see what I can find out, unless there's more that we need to discuss before Dezire and I get our information?"
Mar 2, 2016 2:35 pm
"Sounds good to me mate. I'm of a mind to kick my feet up 'ere if I ain't needed fo' somefing." Lynch admitted not really having the drive the others seemed to have. He wondered if he should be looking for someone personally to ruin as well... the others seemed to be pretty motivated about their life goals because of it... that meant their past was a little darker or Lynch may not be living up to being someone who was really sticking it to the man.
Mar 4, 2016 3:50 am
Mateo nods gently as he listens to the plan form. "I think this plan could very well work, but it is lacking in some small respects. There are a lot of unknowns surrounding the nobles. I will see if I can get myself assigned somewhere closer, or else pick up whatever I can."
Mar 4, 2016 1:08 pm
Lynch's face scrunched up with the comments from Santiago as he thinks, "Guess I could see if dere's any skaa 'o know of rumaz of da nobles we're targeting and what they've been up to... would make a mo' believable letter if it's fake."
OOC:
It sounds like we're going out to do some mini assignments before coming back to attempt something rather daring.
Mar 5, 2016 4:04 am
OOC:
Yup, looks like some individual tasks are in order. If you've got a task you want to complete, describe your character setting out to do it. We'll work under, say, 6 hour beats. If someone sets out on a task, and you want to help them or go along, tag along. We'll try and use bold headers to keep track of whose with whom as I did last time you lot split the party.

This is a good opportunity to continue spending standings, especially Resources and Influence as it will be easier to secure tools and information here in Mantiz than it will be once you're already out in the field, so to speak.
Mar 5, 2016 12:01 pm
Lynch nods putting on his hat and leaves to find out what he can about in greater details what Chappotin & Renaut Prelau had been up to lately, who they had been talking with, and where they had been up to recently from talking to skaa that he knew.

He didn't have much in the form of resources to make people talk that didn't want to via a small bribe to loosen lips but he was known by a lot of people and he was 'Connected', granted the fact his size, personality and ability to have people notice he wasn't easily brushed off might of helped people to talk as well.
OOC:
Let me know if you're looking for a bit more, been a while since I had to roll so I feel I'm a bit rusty. d=
Mar 5, 2016 3:00 pm
OOC:
Difficulty 1 Influence check, your connected will grant you +1 dice. So roll 6 dice, hope for a pair of 1's. Then set your Influence at 4/5 regardless of the result.
Mar 5, 2016 3:38 pm
OOC:
Chuck dice: Price to play -1 Influence

Rolls

Influence Roll - (6d6)

(455321) = 20

Mar 5, 2016 7:36 pm
Lynch spends the afternoon chatting with his various contacts about the movements and actions of the two nobles the group has their eye ultimately on. Chappotin has, apparently, been hosting regular and quite lavish balls. A ball or two a month is not uncommon in Mantiz, but if there are two in a month, often they are hosted by different families. In this case, Chappotin has been hosting a ball a week almost for the last two months. Those who care to pay attention to noble politicking amongst the skaa suspect he's preparing a signifiant political leap. No one arranges to rub shoulders with the noble hierarchy that often if they aren't planning something huge.

Chappotin, more than anyone, has been securing contracts and massing resources as if in preparation for a noble house war. This includes contracts from the Belen family, as well as the other metal and arms suppliers. This as inferred by one informant from the invitation lists for the parties.

Lynch also learns that the Prelau family has been working particularly closely with the Letorneau's. Prelau search squads, usually a Rioter and a Seeker working together, have been seen milling about plantations, mines, factories and skaa quarters more frequently than usual over the last few months. Thinking about it, Lynch suspects that the notebook they recovered is the product of Prelau search squads working on behalf of the Letorneau's.
OOC:
Stellar result! 5 - 1 difficulty = 4 outcome
Mar 6, 2016 9:10 pm
Quote:
Hirm easily recalls a few contacts that keep a close eye on the canals. Once your planning session is over, Hiram catches up with one and gets a detailed report on the shipping activities of the Belen family. They tend to send a large shipment of processed ore from the mine to the factory early in the week, and a shipment from the factory to their warehouses in the city late in the week.
Hiram thanked Kolynn for the information then asked, "How full are those loads? Might they have room on occasion for some extra cargo in either direction?" He dropped his voice conspiratorially before continuing, "I know how those mines ruined your brother and his family, and I might have a way for you to get justice. At the very least, I need to know from you who, if anyone, running those barges can be bought or trusted."
Mar 6, 2016 9:50 pm
OOC:
Can I get a Charm check please : )
Mar 6, 2016 10:54 pm
OOC:
Charm check

Rolls

Charm - (4d6)

(2532) = 12

Mar 6, 2016 10:57 pm
Kolynn whispers, "I know someone who works the docks and could help you. Give me a few days advance notice, and let me know what you need, and I can see to it that it's arranged. I'd love nothing more than to see the Belen's crushed."
Mar 6, 2016 11:15 pm
Hiram nodded appreciatively. "Keep the news quiet until then. We wouldn't want the Belens to catch wind of it, right?" He stayed a bit longer, chatting about life and work, and strengthening their relationship. He finally gave his farewell and made his way back to the safehouse, where he relayed the news to the others.
Mar 8, 2016 6:43 am
Dez heads out to find Reyland. Three years is a long time and her attentions have been elsewhere. She arranges to meet him in a quiet pub she knows of well away from the ironworks so no one of consequense is likely to see them to see them talking.
Mar 8, 2016 7:08 am
Mateo heads to the local headquarters of the Canton of Finance to see if he can get access to any details regarding the noble families involved in the mines and their trade relations with other families.
Mar 11, 2016 11:59 pm
OOC:
Dez, make a Charm check Difficulty 1; Mateo Wits Difficulty 2 with +2 dice, one from profession and one from speciality
Mar 12, 2016 12:28 am
Daclish goes off on his errand. As he walks the city, he quickly adapts to the invisibility of skaa, attained through the hunched shoulders and dejected attitude of someone with no hope for change. Hope stands out like a spotlight in a group of skaa, and Daclish has long known how to hide it deep. One of the faceless masses again, he inquires after Sha Na, the woman he knows who escaped from the Belen mines.

Edit: what sort of roll would such an inquiry entail?
Last edited March 15, 2016 5:37 pm
Mar 12, 2016 4:42 am
"So how's it going, kid?"

Rolls

Charm Roll - (5d6)

(32426) = 17

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.