April 30th International Tabletop Day

Mar 19, 2016 6:25 pm
Yes it is a made up holiday that became official (sort of). But there's no Hallmark cards for it so that's good. Just curious if people are checking their local gaming brick and mortar stores to see if they have any events scheduled or if they're trying to set something up with friends to play some games. Not necessarily RPGs.
Mar 19, 2016 7:40 pm
There's one LFGS near me, but it's tiny; last year, I ended up having to stand around for a while; barely got to play one game. I'd try to set stuff up with friends, but they don't really seem interested in board games anymore. We'll see.
Mar 21, 2016 6:10 pm
I look at Tabletop Day as a way to gateway people into playing more games even small quick ones like Machi Koro or Sushi Go. The second doesn't really need that much of a surface area to play. Good luck at your LFGS I still need to figure out what's going on at mine.
Mar 21, 2016 6:32 pm
I think I have a IRL gaming session scheduled for that day (we play bi-weekly). Sounds like an excuse for thematic cake!
Mar 21, 2016 6:35 pm
Hire Jabes, though delivery might be a problem.
Apr 14, 2016 1:59 pm
Haha! Yeah that'll certainly be the roadblock. I guess I'll just make a cake and send you guys pictures. :-)
Apr 14, 2016 2:20 pm
*Looks at his d20 mold* Well it's silicone... you can bake in silicone right?
Apr 14, 2016 3:09 pm
Haha yeah silicone works.

I've actually been meaning to get this mini cake pan. Because sure, I can hand-sculpt cake but precise shapes like those are a pain in the ass.

I actually cast my own dice in silicone to make the molds I use to make candy and chocolate dice, like the ones I put on this cake. And this one.
Apr 14, 2016 5:11 pm
Cool Jabes. Now we know your avatar is edible... and probably tasty as well. :P
Apr 16, 2016 3:09 pm
This is my local game store.

I suspect they'll have something going on 4/30 -- but not sure I'll make time for it.
May 2, 2016 12:29 pm
Well I hope everyone had a good Saturday playing games if you partook. I got in two board game demos and a card/dice game.
May 2, 2016 12:42 pm
I was gonna ask: what did everyone do? Unfortunately for me, I don't have a RL gaming group, so minting special.
May 2, 2016 8:06 pm
Unfortunately, someone stole some stuff from my parents' produce stand. I spent all of International Tabletop Day climbing around installing and adjusting a security system to monitor things when we aren't around.

Rural King special...woo!
May 2, 2016 8:17 pm
Ouch! Hope things were looking a bit better by the end of that?
May 2, 2016 8:34 pm
Oh yeah...things are looking better. I still have a bit of work to do, because one camera doesn't hit nightvision mode until about midnight...and of course that would be the camera I need to work perfect all the time.

Let's hear it for the blue light special camera system, with incomplete and extremely basic directions.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.