Gossip, banter, chit-chat and discussion (OOC)

Mar 27, 2016 8:11 pm
This is where we, the players, get to know each other, discuss what's going on in the game, and generally do all those things you would do at a D&D table which isn't involving your character directly.
Mar 27, 2016 9:30 pm
I'll let the others have first crack at race/class selection before I decide what to do. Lot's of ideas springing to mind though after those stat rolls. :-)
Mar 27, 2016 10:43 pm
Yeah, nice rolls. You could do pretty much anything with that!
Mar 28, 2016 3:39 pm
We are just waiting for one more player from Reddit, name of Cosmic_Potato. If (s)he doesn't turn up there are several substitutes waiting in the lobby, so we should be able to get started very soon.

While we are waiting why don't you all start declaring what kind of characters you would like to play. I have already heard some great ideas by PM, but now you can post them here and, if you want, collaborate to make them even better. You can decide if they knew each other before signing on with Gundren or not.

Once you know what you are doing post in the Heroes thread. If you want to roll your stats do it there. Then you can click on Characters at the top and you should be able to add a new character sheet. When that has been filled out go back to the game screen (Games>Lost Mine Fandango!) and submit your character to the game so that I can see it. If this all seems awfully complicated don't worry, I am happy to help and Szemely is a veteran of the site, so you could get advice from either of us.
Mar 28, 2016 3:39 pm
Hey guys. My name is Jose. I'm looking forward to the game, this is my first PBP. Been playing D&D weekly since 5e was released, and DMing for the last couple months. I went with the point buy system, most because I didn't understand how to roll on here (I always prefer rolling). I'm in the eastern timezone, engineer with a desk job and a cell phone addiction so I'm almost always available.
Mar 28, 2016 3:47 pm
I would like to play a wizard, I have a concept that I'm building right now, mostly fleshed out in terms of mechanics and some background. He's a young student who has been expelled from a wizarding academy for running cons in the streets of Waterdeep.
Mar 28, 2016 3:49 pm
You can practice rolling on this thread if you like. Just click the advanced button below and you will get a new screen with a bit at the bottom which says "Add new Roll". Leave it as Basic and click Add.

Under Reason type "Practice" or whatever you like. Under Roll type "1d20+3, 1d6-1, 1d2" and you will get each of those rolls. Under Visibility just leave it as Hide Nothing for now.

Experiment, try out new roll combinations. Add more rolls. Have a blast!

Rolls

Practice - (1d20+3, 1d6-1, 1d2)

1d20+3 : (10) + 3 = 13

1d6-1 : (5) - 1 = 4

1d2 : (2) = 2

Mar 28, 2016 3:51 pm
At work now and have a hard time posting from my phone but I have a post in another forum that explains the die roller a bit.

Guide

Hopefully that forum is public.
Last edited March 28, 2016 3:52 pm
Mar 28, 2016 3:55 pm
szemely says:
Hopefully that forum is public.
It is public, and a much better explanation than my attempt! Just scroll back up to the top after clicking the link.
Mar 28, 2016 4:00 pm
Gotcha! Thanks for the help. Let's see...

Rolls

Stat Role example - (4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6)

4d6 : (5265) = 18

4d6 : (6441) = 15

4d6 : (6144) = 15

4d6 : (4256) = 17

4d6 : (5644) = 19

4d6 : (3151) = 10

Mar 28, 2016 4:00 pm
JESUS...

16, 14, 14, 15, 15, 9

Beginner's luck?
Last edited March 28, 2016 4:01 pm
Mar 28, 2016 4:11 pm
Not bad at all!

Also, I like the character concept. He's exactly the sort of character I like best to play!

Let me know when you have the character sheet completed and added to the game (if you have any questions about the process let mw know).

Good work!
Mar 28, 2016 4:38 pm
Hey, Glad to be part of this. It is my first time doing a PbP game.

The character I am working on is a human barbarian. He is one of 4 siblings (A brother, sister and twin brother). His clan has a tradition that on their 25th birthday they must leave the clan and travel the world. While doing so they are tasked with gathering trophies from great battles or tasks that they have completed so that when they return the trophies will tell the tale of their adventure.

To make his quest more important he is the son of the chief and once he and all 3 of his siblings have returned and recounted their tale, their father will name his successor,

I need to flesh out the relationships with the siblings and also how my character feels about becoming the head of the clan.
Mar 28, 2016 5:23 pm
Sounds good. I do like this one, a character with even more reason to smash heads!
Mar 28, 2016 5:28 pm
Scotash, regarding your rolls on the Heroes thread; remember it's 4d6 and drop the lowest roll. So for all of your rolls except the 15 you are dropping 1, for the 15 you drop 2. It means the stats you have posted are all correct after the human +1 to each, except constitution which should be 14.

Which makes absolutely no difference in-game, it's still a +2 modifier.
Mar 28, 2016 6:12 pm
fluglichkeiten says:
Not bad at all!

Also, I like the character concept. He's exactly the sort of character I like best to play!

Let me know when you have the character sheet completed and added to the game (if you have any questions about the process let mw know).

Good work!
I've submitted Romero to you. Hopefully I did it right
Mar 28, 2016 6:35 pm
fluglichkeiten says:
Scotash, regarding your rolls on the Heroes thread; remember it's 4d6 and drop the lowest roll. So for all of your rolls except the 15 you are dropping 1, for the 15 you drop 2. It means the stats you have posted are all correct after the human +1 to each, except constitution which should be 14.

Which makes absolutely no difference in-game, it's still a +2 modifier.
Thanks, I've changed this now and submitted my character. Let me know if I have done anything else wrong (it's very possible)
Mar 28, 2016 6:42 pm
Luchadorjose and Scotash, thanks for submitting your character sheets so quickly. I have had a cursory look over both and am impressed with them both, you both seem to have figured the site out very quickly! I'll have a more careful look when I get to my computer in a few hours time.
Mar 28, 2016 7:29 pm
Hey everyone, sorry to be late to the party! I'm good with any race/class and am happy to fill out any gaps in the party. If everything's pretty much covered though, I do have a tendency to default to bard =D
Mar 28, 2016 7:35 pm
And we are completely, utterly and totally full! Due to the fact that I apparently can't count to four, I have invited five players here from Reddit (plus Szemely who is a resident of the site). Which is all good, it just means I need to scale up the enemies a bit :-).

The mission at the moment is to get everyone's characters up, feel free to discuss whatever you want to here, we are all on the same team!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.