2.2 - Heyop

load previous
Apr 28, 2016 7:25 pm
"Hmm I kind of know but I guess I kind of don't. I kind of just rushed off from my job when Romund, my mentor... well she's not really a Jedi and she can't use the force... my friend was in trouble. Turned out the guy who kidnapped her was a Dark Jedi I think, he wasn't very nice. Anyway we defeated him, err me and the others here and saved our teacher... friend. Meet a Holocron, I thought he was a Ghost, that's why I asked you guys, helped him along with the others rebuild the temple, find another of the Holocrons he knew of one the planet. Came here looking for crystals, the second Holocron seemed at odds we weren't really even Padawans since we really didn't have formal training... also surprised we didn't know a lot about crystals or lightsabers. In any event I kind if figured Jedi are the people that try and do good things, I thought I could do that but it sounds like from what you're telling me maybe I don't have what it takes. Sometimes you're not facing something with a blade or blaster, sometimes you're the barrier. Regardless of if I pass this test I should probably still try and do some good though I figure. That kind of ask your question or not really? I guess I'm kind of wondering that myself a little."
Last edited April 28, 2016 7:25 pm
Apr 28, 2016 8:16 pm
"What are good things? No need to ramble, young one."
Apr 28, 2016 8:35 pm
"Help people and learn things I guess if you want the short answer."
Apr 28, 2016 8:42 pm
"Help what kind of people, exactly? The Empire has lots of people."
Apr 28, 2016 8:46 pm
"Hmm I guess like with Romund, helping people that were kidnapped or helping people that people like Malefax wanted to kill. Sometimes help animals that are in a rough way and being tortured... That sort of thing."
Apr 28, 2016 9:48 pm
The cerean nods and he and Setele fade from view, Luminara stands and walks over to Heyop. She takes his hand and opens it. "You have long been just a grunt - but no jedi is a simple grunt who must follow orders. Your talents will enable you to be a general among men if you see fit to walk down this path. Be mindful of the Force and how it guides you."

She drops into Heyop's hand a small blue crystal. "We have decided. You time of trial is past. Be careful of your future - you are in a dangerous point in your career as a jedi. The risks of the Dark Side are many and it well tempt you." As Heyop looks down at the crystal it flashes blue -- and when his eyes clear, the woman is gone.

Heyop stands before a large contraption:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/forge-small.jpg

Although largely unaware of his surroundings -- and focused on the item ahead, Heyop feels the warmth of the sun overhead. He's no longer in a weird, dusty old temple. Birds are audible -- but not anywhere nearby. Sitting before the contraption, Heyop feels guided by the Force -- as if Luminara's hand was helping shape his movements and thoughts. His blue crystal rises slow and tumbles gently as it moves to the center of the contraption. Arrayed nearby, Heyop is able to sense the various components necessary to build a lightsaber. He feels the Force flow through him and although the options are not unlimited, Heyop is able to shape and build the device that best suits him through his manipulation of the Force.
Apr 29, 2016 12:56 pm
Heyop nods thinking as she explains things. The change of scenery and sounds of nature put his mind at ease. As he works almost automatically he still wonders what has happened to the others.

I'm kind of surprised she didn't smack me in the back of the head... Heyop mused to himself.
Last edited April 29, 2016 12:57 pm
Apr 29, 2016 1:35 pm
OOC:
do you want to describe what you are building or happy with "generic lightsaber?" Once you are done I'll lock and I pin and drag you back to the main thread.
Apr 29, 2016 1:51 pm
OOC:
Is there somewhere I can look for reference? Like the corebook?
Apr 29, 2016 5:05 pm
OOC:
Yah -- the CRB has some options on modifications (which I'll be open to depending on how much is being asked for...) another option is this build a saber website. It can give you a sense of what it might look like. For example, there is:

this lightsaber I threw together

Apr 29, 2016 6:16 pm
OOC:
These all look pricey (over Heyop's life savings) and I might need to make a check to mod. I think I should just 'kiss' in grunt fashion and go with a generic blue light saber for now.
Apr 29, 2016 6:28 pm
OOC:
:) ok.

+20 XP - for accomplishing a major life event.

additionally, the Forge has given you insight into how to use the Force to move items. You now have the base 'Move' Force power.

Locking and unpinning thread. Let's re-meet in the main thread.

Thread locked