2.4 - Urik

load previous
Apr 26, 2016 12:21 am
OOC:
I read that as a net 1 threat.
Apr 26, 2016 12:25 am
OOC:
Yah - was in the middle of editing I think when you saw stuff.
Apr 26, 2016 3:25 pm
"The path of the Jedi? I don't even know what that means. Was it you who showed me Malefax? If so, then you know him, and what he was like...I..." Urik struggles for words, "I do not know what path I seek. But if there are more like Malefax...then my path will cross theirs. And their paths will end at that crossing." Urik's fists are clenched at his sides, his voice his husky with emotion. "I won't let what happened to my family happen to others. I won't wait for them to strike. I will seek them and strike first and strike harder. I will be their end."
Apr 26, 2016 4:01 pm
"The path of the Jedi is to use the Light Side of the Force for the benefit of all living things. It uses the Force not to be an aggressor, but a defender. It encourages us to be quiet in our emotions in order to discern the intentions of the universe and how we should best act."

After a pause the mote asks, "So you seek power to have vengeance? By striking first, do you not descend into the moral depths that those you would strike down already have reached? How do you prevent yourself from becoming a monster like them and in the thrall to evil?"
Apr 26, 2016 4:25 pm
Urik shakes his head, looking down, "Any vengeance I may have had was taken from me. Perhaps that's for the best."

"But, I can't just sit idle and wait for terrible things to happen. If more like Malefax exist in the galaxy, then we have to stop them. They wield great power. The only way to stop them is to be more powerful. The Jedi are gone, snuffed out! We are all that is left. Should we just wait for the enemy to come to us? Should we not strike first and hope to prevent..."
Urik chokes off again, clearing his throat and master his churning emotions, "Where were the Jedi when Malefax came for my family? If I had been more powerful...I...maybe I could have stopped him. But if someone had sought him out first and stopped him then there would have been no need!"
Apr 26, 2016 9:45 pm
The mote bobs before Urik, "It is good that you let go of vengeance -- that path leads only to pain and suffering."

"Long ago, Jedi sentinels roamed the galaxy in search of those who had committed evil. These individuals struggled with the conflict of an aggressive stance towards the dark side and the defensive principles that underlie the path of the Jedi. It is not an easy path."

The mote twists and turns a little, "You may choose to follow those sentinels of old. However the risk to you will be great. Without care and diligence, you will turn into that which you seek to hunt down. Until you have much more experience, and wisdom, you must rely on your friends -- especially the ones who aren't reckless -- to guide your hand. If you sit in judgment from hate or anger, you commit a greater evil than you seek to subdue. This is a dangerous time for you - and if you do not proceed with caution, you will become the thrall of the Dark Side and your cruelty and evil will put Malefax to shame. I can show you..."

The mote approaches Urik -- it's brightness causing him to close his eyes. In that moment, he gets a flash of a vision. An older Urik, he knows it to be himself, in the middle of a village in flames screams in rage as his red blade slices an elderly farmer neatly in half. When his eyes open, the vision is past. The mote has retreated once more.
Apr 26, 2016 10:05 pm
This vision tears at Urik. He falls to one knee gasping. "No! No, never!" His voice is full of pain, sorrow, anger and a fierce determination.

He stands up, takes a deep breath, and pulls all his emotions in, reigning them and guiding them. His face goes stony. Not peaceful, not devoid of emotion, but hard and blank. When he speaks, his voice is calm and modulated with that strange maturity he occasionally exhibits.

"I've already made that choice. You saw. When I threw away Malefax's sword, that was no vision. I will never stop seeking those like Malefax. But I would rather die than become him."
Apr 26, 2016 10:21 pm
"Very well then."

The mote disappears and the pedestal upon which Urik stands begins to sparkle like a star field. One point of light, in particular, calls out to him. It glows yellow-gold against a field of mostly blue and the occasional green-tinted star.
OOC:
I'm pre-supposing a color based on the sentinel-like sentiments for the character, but go with what works for you. :)
Apr 26, 2016 10:26 pm
Urik steps forward, kneeling down and peering close at this unique crystal. It seems to call to him...or, is he calling to it? He reaches out a hand to touch the yellowish crystal, attempting to move it. Perhaps to pull it free.
OOC:
Yellow sounds right for how this RP went. I wish I'd been able to post more frequently over this arc. I'm liking how Urik is developing. Subtly different than I planned/intended.
Apr 26, 2016 10:34 pm
The crystal comes free easily and as Urik is distracted by it, he barely notices that the light has changed. Sunlight streams in from overhead. He stands in a worn temple and can hear the calling of birds and other animals. Before him sits a strange device:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/forge-small.jpg

The device seems to call out to Urik. He casts the yellow crystal towards the machine in a lazy arc -- but it does not move like something thrown. Instead it follows a path of his will as he manipulates the Force in the presence of this strange machine. His crystal brightens and glows like a small sun as Urik becomes aware of the mechanical components of a lightsaber before him. Instinctively, it seems, he is able to discern the core components required to fashion a hilt around his crystal.

Although the options are not unlimited, Urik is able to shape and build the device that best suits him through his newfound manipulation of the Force. As he considers his options, he sinks to the ground, sitting cross-legged.
OOC:
While in the presence of the machine, assume you can use the Force to carefully manipulate things with your mind.
Apr 26, 2016 10:54 pm
Urik sinks into a meditation on the pieces before him. A vision forms in his mind, a long handle, something with a bit of extra room to swing...room for big hands and...more? Somehow the design forming seems complete, but incomplete. Urik spends long moments just moving pieces about. This freedom with the force is new to him. After a while (To Urik, the time seems undetermined the; it could be minutes or hours) a hilt begins to coalesce around the crystal. It is about 3 feet long, with a focusing lense on one side and grip patterns along its length.
OOC:
My intent here is to have a sort of light saber pole arm. In the future, if further opportunities arise to gather another crystal, I may opt for a double light saber. Is that all ok?
Apr 26, 2016 11:59 pm
OOC:
do you mean like a force pike? I'm away from my crb til late tonight so I can poke around at some options. Note that you can, in theory remove your crystal and put it into a new hilt when the time comes (so you have to worry less about convertibility)
Apr 27, 2016 2:17 am
OOC:
Something like this. In between a force pike and a double saber, able to be modded later on if desired.
Urik's Lightsaber
Last edited April 27, 2016 2:17 am
Apr 27, 2016 5:20 am
OOC:
In game mechanics -- I'm willing to give you an 'extended hilt' as part of the construction. it consumes a hardpoint and increases weapon damage by 1. I suspect you weren't after the game mechanic per se, but since there's rules available to govern it, it seems like a way to go.

That coo? Lemme know -- and I'll take you through the final bits.
Apr 27, 2016 5:30 am
OOC:
Totally cool. I wasn't intending any mechanical benefit, just a more pole arm flavor.
Last edited April 27, 2016 5:31 am
Apr 27, 2016 5:54 am
Urik steps back from the forge and ignites his blade, moving it about with a distinctive "whoom" and a comforting thrum. Looking up from his distraction, he sees Csillag kneeling before the forge -- focused intently on it as a small green crystal glows within and the components of a lightsaber gently shuffle about as she casts about the available parts to construct her hilt.

Looking about, loathe to interrupt his friend, Urik sees that he is in some kind of room atop an ancient stone staircase that he can see through a small trapezoidal doorway. At the base of the stairs the rolling grass of a peaceful vale unfold before him, and he thinks he can see a scrawny Twi'lek, whose gait seems familiar, walking about.
OOC:
You accrue 20XP - this is a major life milestone. Additionally, the act of building the lightsaber with the Force has opened your eyes to some of the skills you can master -- and you now have the basic 'move' force power.
Apr 27, 2016 1:51 pm
Urik blinks in the sunlight. He grins foolishly. He wants to embrace Csillig, but doesn't want to disturb the meditative state she is in. Instead, he jogs up behind Dagger.
OOC:
If Dagger and I are going to interact, should we take it back over to the Lure of the Lost thread?
Apr 27, 2016 11:34 pm
OOC:
Locking and un-stickying.

Thread locked