Q&A on game and news characters

Jan 28, 2015 5:56 pm
This campaign is currently open. New characters can be uploaded. If you have questions on character concepts or such, ask them here. Likewise, character backgrounds or sceneraio back grounds.

I will start the campaign when we have three characters. I will allow up to three more to join in as we play.

grandmaster Jim
Keeper of the Journels
Jan 29, 2015 3:00 am
Utazó Véd, who is a Graceful Jack that Crafts Illusions. Still need to work on some background info once I get the sheet made up.

Still can't get the accented characters to work on the character sheets.
Last edited January 29, 2015 3:24 am
Jan 29, 2015 2:16 pm
Khoren Apraxin, the Rugged Nano who Wields Two Weapons at Once. I'll load a character sheet this evening.
Jan 29, 2015 10:23 pm
Osred, an Empathic Jack who Works Miracles.
Jan 30, 2015 1:17 am
Khoren has been uploaded, but made him a Mystical Nano who Wields Two Weapons at Once instead.
Jan 30, 2015 1:39 am
Short version of Utazó's background: Became familiar with the area along The Wyr River as a teenager while accompanying her father during his yearly fishing trips. Grew up in Yenth and now works for the Phyrel's Trading Company as a trail scout who is sent up ahead of the caravan several times a day to look for any signs of trouble.

Working on a more detailed version of that story, but just wanted to run the premise by everyone to see if it'll work out.
Jan 30, 2015 3:29 am
szemely says:
Short version of Utazó's background: Became familiar with the area along The Wyr River as a teenager while accompanying her father during his yearly fishing trips. Grew up in Yenth and now works for the Phyrel's Trading Company as a trail scout who is sent up ahead of the caravan several times a day to look for any signs of trouble.

Working on a more detailed version of that story, but just wanted to run the premise by everyone to see if it'll work out.
That works great with the intro. Anyone else want to add some background?

I will "roll" up ciphers tomorrow morning and we will get started.
Jan 30, 2015 2:32 pm
Khoren Apraxin was raised in the City of Boreg, at the junction of the Wyr and Septim rivers. A strange child, he found that other children often instinctively avoided him, at least until they grew to know him. As he grew, he learned to play up to his 'strangeness' and adopted a persona of a prophet or mystic. In Boreg, there were always new people to meet and to perfect his routine on.

As a young teenager, some talents began to manifest in him which he used to enhance his life and his aura of mystery. He began to associate with a rougher and more dangerous folk, travelers who were in Boreg on the way to somewhere else. He loosely attached himself to a gang of disreputable Jaekel ruffians who had fled Aras Island in search of adventure, and learned to use their forearm blades to blend himself in and share in their aura of danger.

In the last year, having reached adulthood, Khoren began to see strange insects hovering in the air above certain people, or stopped all-in-a-line and facing someone. Having convinced himself fully that he was a mystic, he paid attention to the insects, made some minor pronouncements for small coin, and the found himself joining Phyrel's Trading Company where he could work as a teamster and guard.

For the past few weeks, the insect signs have grown agitated and confused. While Khoren doesn't know what might happen, he is excited to be in the middle of something so strange.
Jan 30, 2015 3:20 pm
Osred's background so far: He was born into a wandering merchant family, and after learning the trade he decided to strike out on his own. Due to his knack for healing he specialized in medicinal plants, buying and selling specimens and the secrets to grow them between claves. After stepping on some noble's toes (and an assassination attempt), he fled the region. The position of physician in the Phyrel's Trading Company was the perfect way discover potential trading partners.

I surmised the story, but that's the essence. Are we going to use the initial links to the adventure and connections as well?
Jan 30, 2015 5:05 pm
good job guys....let's get started. For anyone new who wants to join in, please do. I will cap it at six (which means as of this writing,mothers are three open slots). Fill one, create a character and depending one where we are, I might give you some hints to a back ground or you might write up something here that makes you fit in.
Jan 30, 2015 6:52 pm
This will be my first go as a PC in like 30 years, so if I do anything out of line or that steps on anyone else toes feel free to virtually smack me around a bit.
Jan 30, 2015 8:11 pm
Tis okay.....I've GMed for 10 years at GenCon and locally. More so now that I GM Numenera...but this is my first attempt to do so through the web. So, if I miss something, let me know.
Jan 30, 2015 8:15 pm
Ok, dumb question. How do I embed rolls into my posts?
Jan 30, 2015 8:22 pm
For example, you are supposed to roll the dice..... Do you as players have that option to add that to you post? I see how to add it to mine, but is it the same?

In this case, the question "what were those?" Would have prompted an intellect check. How would you like to reduce the level, apply effort, use skills or training, aid another, use asset, etc? I envision me asking you for a roll like I did and you responding with something like, "I applied effort and used this asset...my roll was a 12".

Does that work, or do you need more?
Jan 30, 2015 8:24 pm
KNaranek says:
Osred's background so far: He was born into a wandering merchant family, and after learning the trade he decided to strike out on his own. Due to his knack for healing he specialized in medicinal plants, buying and selling specimens and the secrets to grow them between claves. After stepping on some noble's toes (and an assassination attempt), he fled the region. The position of physician in the Phyrel's Trading Company was the perfect way discover potential trading partners.

I surmised the story, but that's the essence. Are we going to use the initial links to the adventure and connections as well?
I think the "." In your name is messing up the quote. When I quote, it does not render if I don't take it out.
Jan 30, 2015 8:32 pm
grandmaster says:
For example, you are supposed to roll the dice..... Do you as players have that option to add that to you post? I see how to add it to mine, but is it the same?
That's the part that I was wondering about. I don't appear to have any sort of option to add a roll. Here's a shot of the screen. Am I missing something here.

Thanks!

http://www.fwgc.net/downloads/post.png
Jan 30, 2015 9:09 pm
szemely says:
grandmaster says:
That's the part that I was wondering about. I don't appear to have any sort of option to add a roll. Here's a shot of the screen. Am I missing something here.

Thanks!

Yes, there should not be a deck there, but a section for dice. I have both. Let me see if I can find something in settings.

Otherwise, if I cant, I will let you know and you can use a real die on your end or a random die from several sites and I will have to trust you. ;)

will have to check on my PC, see if there is a difference from my tablet.
Jan 31, 2015 1:23 pm
grandmaster says:
szemely says:
grandmaster says:

Thanks!

Yes, there should not be a deck there, but a section for dice. I have both. Let me see if I can find something in settings.

Otherwise, if I cant, I will let you know and you can use a real die on your end or a random die from several sites and I will have to trust you. ;)

will have to check on my PC, see if there is a difference from my tablet.
Asked in the forums, and answered. Dice roles should be at the bottom on your posts now.
Jan 31, 2015 2:06 pm
Yep, appears to be working now. Thanks!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.