1.1 - The Wyr River: Into the Earth

load previous
Feb 6, 2015 12:47 pm
Is it wrong for the combat to be in red? ;)

R:1 - Utazó is almost there. Seeing the others drawing weapons and charging into the cavern. "Damnit, I'm going to miss the fight." Still, caution is key in these caverns. You will be at the cavern entrance at the end of the next round.

R:1 - Yui charges in after Khoren and likewise looks for a place to spring. Stealth is no longer an option, but distraction is and she hopes that Khoren looks like a better meal than she does. Seeing an outcropping, she maneuvers there, ready to spring with her dagger and arm blade gripped tightly.

R:1 - Darazen steps into the entrance and sees two slicer beetles, young ones and begins to concentrate. Darazen's hand raises in a dramatic effect, focusing on the closest Slicer (SB1). Its head rolls back and it chitters loudly. (2 dmg).

R:1 - Orsed looks around and sees some jockeying for position and Darazen holding back, he opts to act with Darazen. Other than jockeying your position and wanting to act together, you did not give me an attack or defence action. If you were wanting to aid (be an asset) to Darazen or something else, PM me

Top of the round to: Khoren, who was ready to spring.

Who is doing what? (Next round of actions)
Feb 6, 2015 2:22 pm
As that attack seemed to hurt the beetle, Darazen will try it again, on the same beetle.
Last edited February 6, 2015 2:23 pm

Rolls

Onslaught - mental, no effort - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Feb 6, 2015 2:23 pm
Seeing one of the large insects rear its head back and chitter alarmingly, Khoren rushes up and attacks it with both punch daggers (dual wielding) hoping the short blades will find a vulnerable spot.

Rolls

Melee attack, punch dagger 1 - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Melee attack, punch dagger 2 - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Feb 6, 2015 2:49 pm
Remember, every but YUI a has two XP....and that CAN be spent to reroll a single roll....just sayin'

also,make sure you have that stuff in your character sheet. I will often consult a GM sheet I keep, but sometime I need to go back to you sheets.

Feb 6, 2015 2:58 pm
Osred targets the same beetle, hoping it'll be overwhelmed from the massive attack. He'll try to hit a joint or wherever there's less armor.

Rolls

Sword attack, with Effort for damage - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Feb 6, 2015 6:41 pm
Hoping Khoren and Osred are enough of a distraction, Yui runs full tilt around the beetle. Using her experiences running and jumping from building to building in cities (parkour skill), and particularly her understanding of momentum, she attempts to use a rock as a springboard, and land on the distracted beetle's back.

(I won't roll for running past the beetle, as I think Yui's success in that task relies on Khoren and Osred, and should be left to our GM.)

Rolls

Jump on beetle's back-speed pool effort and (if GM allows) parkour skill - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Feb 6, 2015 7:38 pm
There are two beetles, (SB1) and (SB2). Since no one has said which they are attacking, I am choosing your targets for you. :)

I hope it all works out for you. ;)
Feb 6, 2015 7:46 pm
(The GM grins wickedly at his soon to be ironic false words of encouragement...)

I want to jump on the one that Khoren and Osred are going after. Have I achieved liftoff, and landed on the beetle? (But tell the others what happens to them first).
Feb 6, 2015 8:08 pm
Kaizival says:
(The GM grins wickedly at his soon to be ironic false words of encouragement...)

I want to jump on the one that Khoren and Osred are going after. Have I achieved liftoff, and landed on the beetle? (But tell the others what happens to them first).
Don't worry, I am a "fair" GM in that I give the monsters AND the players the same advantages and disadvantages. I also read your attacks and used that to justify the next round of actions (to be posted next).
Feb 6, 2015 8:24 pm
Round two

R:2 - Khoren springs up to try to catch the beetle (SB1) in a vulnerable spot. One dagger sinks into the fold between two carapace plates (2 dmg), while the second dagger seems to bounce off.

R:2 - The beetle, (SB1), raises his piercers and strikes Khoren (Khoren - defense roll, see below). The other beetle (SB2) sees the party rush in an swarm its comrade. It lunges forward, trying to intercept the puny human charging in. Piercers out, it launches into the air about 10 feet before it is stopped, mid air and drops to the ground.

R:2 - Utazó arrives at the entrance of the southern cavern. She sees Darazen and Orsed back near her, Darazen with his hand raised towards two Slicer Beetles. Both beetles are being very vocal, raising a ruckess. You see Khoren under the throat of one, dagger buried to the hilt.

R:2 - Yui finds a stone to spring from and a foot hold in the wall to push off of. With grace, she lands on the back of one of the beetles (SB1) while avoiding the spikes and sinks both daggers into two (of the six) eyes (2 dmg per dagger for a total of 4).

R:2 - Darazen, seeing the beast chitter in pain, steps forward and repeats his attack. Darazen's hand raised in a dramatic effect, give a push like motion to the closest Slicer (SB1). (2 dmg).

R:2 - Orsed charges in, sword raised and attacks (SB1). He sees his target, a seemingly soft spot on the creatures side. The sword finds it's mark and pierces the plate. Green goops explodes out, covering the sword and your arm. (4 dmg).

Total Damage Taken(SB1): 14
Total Damage Taken(SB2): 0

Need a defense roll (level 4) from Khoren (Note: If you fail, you will take 5 might damage and then you need a speed defense roll next (level 4). If you fail that one two, your armor is destroyed. If you have no armor, then it does an addition 5 pts might damage.)

After that is resolved, it is back to the top of the round. Who is doing what?

Feb 6, 2015 8:42 pm
Yui lets go of her daggers, leaving them embedded in the beetle's eyes, and draws her katana while attempting to hold onto the writhing beetle, she will try to stab the blade into another of it's eyes, with a yell of "Gaahhhh!"

Rolls

Stab beetle in eye-no effort - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Hold onto beetle-speed effort - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Feb 6, 2015 8:51 pm
Defense Roll with effort, speed roll with effort if defense roll fails.
Khoren will continue to attack the same beetle with both punch daggers.

Rolls

Defense with effort - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Provisional speed defense with effort (if fails def above) - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Punch dagger attack 1 - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Punch dagger attack 2 - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Feb 6, 2015 9:03 pm
Utazó thinking that the second beetle appears to be trapped decides to test that theory. She remains at the entrance of the chamber and ducks down to try and remain out of the beetle's field of view. Concentrating, she crafts a minor illusion (cost is 1 Intellect, but she has 1 Edge on intellect, so it's free). Directly in front of where the beetle had fallen to the ground Utazó creates an image of herself and has that illusion yell at the top of its lungs "I THINK THEY'RE TRAPPED!! COME AND GET ME YOU STUPID BEETLE!!"
Last edited February 6, 2015 9:04 pm
Feb 6, 2015 9:11 pm
Just a reminder, as you are readying your next actions.... keep in mind how much damage has been done to each creature. I posted it at the bottom on this encounter. SB1 is nearly dead (14/15). So, if you are planning on dealing the killing blow, or beating a dead horse, I will let you. However, if you post an alternative action, I will let you do that. Who knows, everyone COULD miss; but if they do not and you are still focused on SB1, you will be "beating a dead insect".
Feb 6, 2015 9:20 pm
Results of the Creatures attack: The beetle (SB1) unsuccessfully attacks Khoren as he sees the piercer coming and twists out of the way (ooc: Effort does help).
Feb 6, 2015 9:44 pm
szemely says:
Utazó thinking that the second beetle appears to be trapped decides to test that theory. She remains at the entrance of the chamber and ducks down to try and remain out of the beetle's field of view. Concentrating, she crafts a minor illusion (cost is 1 Intellect, but she has 1 Edge on intellect, so it's free). Directly in front of where the beetle had fallen to the ground Utazó creates an image of herself and has that illusion yell at the top of its lungs "I THINK THEY'RE TRAPPED!! COME AND GET ME YOU STUPID BEETLE!!"
OOC: Flash back to MiB!
Quote:
Eat me, you stupid bug...eat me!

What are you doing? Are you crazy?

I'm going for my gun! EAT ME!
End Flashback
Feb 6, 2015 9:56 pm
Osred continues to attack the injured beetle if it's still alive, if not, he turns his attention (and sword) to the other.

Rolls

Sword attack, no effort - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Feb 6, 2015 11:08 pm
Darazen sees the first beetle is really sick and focuses on beetle two.

Rolls

Onslaught - mental - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Feb 6, 2015 11:34 pm
Round Three

R:3 - Khoren, twisting from that last attack, sees a crack in the plate near where Osred's blade went in. Another softspot... he lunges and misses with his first swing, but makes contact with the second. The hit was so hard that Khoren pushed through the shell up to his wrist (5 dmg).

R:3 - The beetle, having been hit several times in vital places (SB1) falls to the ground dead. The other beetle (SB2) stands and looks Khoren. Its chitter sounds like a snort, if a chitter even could sound that way. It raises its piercers and and tries to strike (defense roll, Khoren, see below).

R:3 - A stranger lands on top of the other beetle with a scream (SB2), sword staff pointed down drives into the beast (9 dmg).

R:3 - Utazó hides behind a rock and crafts her illusion. From no where appears and image of Utazó, standing in from of the second beetle. "I THINK THEY'RE TRAPPED!! COME AND GET ME YOU STUPID BEETLE!!", everyone hears her scream.

R:3 - Yui releases her daggers and pulls her Katana while trying to ride the beast. She aims and misses as the beast is falling to the ground. She does, however, manage to keep in the saddle.

R:3 - Darazen, seeing the other beetle going down turns his attention to the second beetle (SB2) and raises his hand. His eyes fixation on the creature and he attempts his mental attack. The noise, commotion and the shift from one creature to another causes his concentration to break and he misses.

R:3 - Orsed, his arm and sword covered in blood from the first beetle turns his attention to the second. He takes a few steps and plunges his sword into the second beetle (SB2) and takes a moment to twist, slicing the inards and drenching his arm even more (6 dmg).

The second beetle never gets the chance to stand back up.

Total Damage Taken(SB1): 19/15 (Dead)
Total Damage Taken(SB2): 15/15 (Dead)

Need a defense roll (level 4) from Khoren (it did get an attack in this round) (Note: If you fail, you will take 5 might damage and then you need a speed defense roll next (level 4). If you fail that one two, your armor is destroyed. If you have no armor, then it does an addition 5 pts might damage.)

Feb 7, 2015 12:15 am
Defense roll with effort

Rolls

Defense roll with effort - (1d20)

(15) = 15

load next

Thread locked