1.1 - The Wyr River: Into the Earth

load previous
Feb 7, 2015 1:04 am
The stranger wears no armor and is wearing a metal mask on her face, though she has an Explorers pack, her sword staff, and a heavy crossbow on her back. She looks around and, after realizing all the bugs are dead, removes her sword staff from the creature back. She grabs a small piece of cloth from the side of her pack and starts to clean the blade of her weapon.
In a casual voice she says "Sorry to just drop in like that. I'm Tara. Any idea what happened to the Captains wagon?" You can tell that although she's not in an aggressive stance, she has not relaxed her guard.
Last edited February 7, 2015 1:23 pm
Feb 7, 2015 1:22 am
"Well, Tara, personally I have no clue what happened to the wagon. But I have to say that was an impressive entrance. I know who to stand behind next time there's trouble."

While, cautious of Tara, Darazen begins to search the area inhabited by the beetles.
Last edited February 7, 2015 2:25 pm

Rolls

Search (intellect?) - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Feb 7, 2015 2:07 pm
"Thanks for the help. Not one serious injury. Right? Anyone needs me to take a look?"
Orsred cleans his arm and checks if the muck is dangerous. He'll also try to discern the newcomer's intentions.

Rolls

Healing skill check for the blood, trained - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Discern intentions, trained - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Feb 7, 2015 2:31 pm
Utazó walks over towards the second dead beetle, convinced that it was being held in this place. "That was one hell of a commotion. I'm sure who ever was keeping these things here knows something isn't right." As she passes her illusionary self, she turns and looks it right in the face, "creeps me out every time" she thinks to herself before ending the illusion and focusing on the area around the second beetle.

Utazó will search the area around the beetle, looking for something that might have been latching it in place. I wonder if that creature Khoren saw is being held someplace else in these tunnels.

Rolls

Intellect Roll with Effort - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Feb 7, 2015 3:22 pm
Khoren uses hedge magic to clean his daggers before tucking back away, all the while taking sideways measure of the newcomers. This Tara mentioned the captain's wagon, and Darazen answered her question. Were they in our company? Curse this dim light! "We welcome your assistance, Tara. We are searching for the perpetrators of the attack on the caravan above, with intention of retrieving the stolen goods. Would you share this task with us?"

Khoren cautiously examines the slicer beetle corpses, especially the 'slicer' parts, wondering if they could be used as a weapon.
Are there any exits from the slicer room, barring the one we entered?

Rolls

Intellect check, examine slicers for usable bits - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Feb 7, 2015 4:57 pm
The metal mask changes to a smile and Tara nods to Darazen.
The metal mask changes again to mild surprise as utazo comes out of hiding to apparently talk to herself..
Tara then looks over at Khoren after finishing cleaning her blade and attaching the rag back to her backpack, "I would be happy to be of assistance. He was a good man, and would hate for his reputation to be smirched by a lost delivery.. even in death."

Thread locked