Wuc'vulog

Feb 6, 2015 3:30 pm
I rolled up the stats for a Twi'lek Colonist/Doctor last night, lots of Charm and Medicine, and medicine talents. Criminal Obligation (needs money to pay legal bills) and has the Motivation Ambition (love).

Right now I'm thinking that he was working as a private doctor with his own clinic, catering to a select group of clientele, and got drawn farther and farther down the road to shady if not outright criminal elements. He got got nailed in a sting operation and barely escaped prison, but his legal bills required him to mortgage all of his assets.

The tension and change in lifestyle was too much for his Twi'lek lover, who has left the planet, relocating closer to the Core Worlds.

Now, Wuc'vulog seeks 1 part redemption and 2 parts "big score" so he can get his life back on track.
Feb 7, 2015 3:50 pm
I like the concept.

I was thinking about the Criminal obligation, and wondered if you considered using Debt in place of Criminal. If you want his obligation to be that he now has a criminal reputation, even if he fought the case well, then I'm all for that. If you want him to have trouble with the debt aspect, then taking Debt would be a better choice. And it looks like you took an extra 10 obligation at that. :D

Also, I noticed you only bought up your Int. That's good, but you might want to consider that long-term buying your characteristics up is very valuable. It won't take long for you to get the XP to grab more talents.
Feb 7, 2015 4:04 pm
Okay, thanks for the advice. I was wondering if buying attributes would be a better strategy. Debt does match better - it started off as "paying ongoing legal costs" (from Criminal) but I wrote it down as Debt.
Feb 7, 2015 6:42 pm
Yeah, buying attributes is a good strategy from what I know. The dice pool mechanic works like this:

The total number of dice you roll (the green ability dice) is equal to whichever is higher: attribute, or skill. You then replace the number of dice equal to your lower value with the yellow proficiency dice. The only chance of getting a Triumph is by rolling the yellow proficiency dice.

So technically a Presence of 3 with Charm 1 is 2 green and 1 yellow dice; if you invert that, the dice are identical. Skill ranks are pretty cheap, but to "buy" an attribute up requires you to get all the way to the bottom of your talent tree for a +1 to a single attribute. The best way to increase your maximum bounds on rolls is buying attributes.

Perhaps that's just the min-maxer in me. :D
Feb 7, 2015 7:56 pm
Also, you might want to correct the skills in your sheet corresponding to Brawn for everything. Once Keleth gets the dice roller working, you wouldn't want your skills using 1 when they could use 3 or 4 for an attribute. But that's if the roller does things automatically.

Also, just for the record, your character has access to all skills. For a skill you aren't trained in you attempt with a dice pool equal to the corresponding attribute w/no upgrades to yellow dice. That won't make you awesome at everything, but at least you can try your hand at things like Gunnery when required.
Feb 7, 2015 8:17 pm
Thanks
Feb 7, 2015 10:31 pm
Absolute last tweak: starting obligation is 10, and you have 100 XP (Twileks start w/90) so your obligation is +10. If you want to update your notes that's fine with me. But I like and approve your character. :)

Congrats! You're the first player to get their EotE character for the game approved.
Feb 7, 2015 11:05 pm
Obligation has been updated, I missed the Twi'lek have 90 thing.
Feb 7, 2015 11:07 pm
Qralloq says:
Obligation has been updated, I missed the Twi'lek have 90 thing.
Not a problem. You can work obligation out over time, so it can change and fluctuate.
Feb 14, 2015 5:47 pm
Wuc'vulog joined the Ryloth navy as soon as he met the entrance age requirement, dreaming of joining the Rebel Alliance. He trained initially as a ship's gunner, but showing only middling talent there, he later specialized as a medic where his talents blossomed. However, as the politicians tried desperately to keep the Empire's might directed elsewhere continually made more and more concessions, Wuc'vulog grew disenfranchised with the navy and left.

After the navy, Wuc'vulog began to work as a private doctor with his own clinic, catering to a select group of clientele. Times were tough on Ryloth and he got drawn farther and farther down the road to shady if not outright criminal elements. He got got nailed in a sting operation and barely escaped prison, but his legal bills required him to mortgage all of his assets.

The tension and change in lifestyle was too much for his Twi'lek lover, Orec'lahe, who has left the planet, relocating closer to the Core Worlds.

Now, Wuc'vulog seeks 1 part redemption and 2 parts "big score" so he can get his life back on track.
Feb 14, 2015 5:58 pm
Yeah, I think that'll work. The Ryloth politicians have been rubbing shoulders with Imperials in hopes of keeping some of their position, as the anti-alien sentiment the Empire fosters has begun to kick up a notch. So that'll probably be what has disgusted him about them.
Oct 3, 2015 3:11 pm
I'll spend 10xp (5 +5 noncareer) for Light Ranged 1
I'll spend 5xp for the Tier 1 talent Grit
And I'll save the other 5 for now.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.