OOC

Jun 16, 2016 1:52 am
I don't mind a bit of ooc discussion in game threads, specially when it's relevant to what's going on there, as long as it's short. For longer discussions, bring it here!
Jun 16, 2016 8:58 pm
I'm gonna avoid pushing too fast to give fernymerk a chance to join in.
Jun 16, 2016 9:41 pm
I had no idea this had started lol. Should've subscribed to the thread.
Jun 16, 2016 9:45 pm
Are you allowing Human Variants?
Jun 16, 2016 9:59 pm
What do you have in mind?
Jun 16, 2016 10:12 pm
And don't fret, I'll get you out of those cages one fernymerk has a chance to weight in :)
Jun 16, 2016 10:16 pm
Just the standard variant from the PHB. (+1 to 2 abilities, 1 skill proficiency, 1 feat)
Jun 16, 2016 10:28 pm
That's absolutely fine. Even if your char isn't completely done yet, no big deal. You'll have time to complete as we get the story started. Feel free to post in the story thread even if it's not 100% yet.
Jun 17, 2016 1:26 pm
Keleth says:
OOC:
Good point Jabes! As you step out of your cage, describe your character for your fellow players
My idea of a good PbP adventure/story thread is one that reads like a real story. A non-participant should be able to start reading it and follow along without having to read the character generation, world-building and other OOC threads. For that to happen, characters (whether PC and NPC) should be introduced. It can be a complete description the first time the character appears, or if you're going for some mystery or drama, details can be revealed gradually. Same applies to places or even monsters. But that's just me. :-)
Last edited June 17, 2016 1:27 pm
Jun 17, 2016 1:30 pm
Yah, I'm going to do my best to describe most everything you run into. I've always had an interest in writing, but never really been very good at it. I'm hoping I can let some of that out here. Even these opening posts, I've tried to narrate what I see in my mind, though I don't think I'm being very successful. I'm also trying to manage the notion that you're all waking up, your brains apparently coming out of some sort of stupor, while trying to maintain some suspense and hopefully not making it too obvious what's going on.
Jun 17, 2016 1:31 pm
Keleth says:
Yah, I'm going to do my best to describe most everything you run into. I've always had an interest in writing, but never really been very good at it. I'm hoping I can let some of that out here.
That's a big part of the reason I like PbP, I love to write, but don't consider myself good at it, so this is good practice in a safe environment. It's also helped a lot with my descriptive DMing
Jun 17, 2016 1:33 pm
I'm no novelist (I have a few fruends who are) but like you guys I have an interest in storytelling. I guess it's safe to say all of us who PbP share this interest. And for the most part I'm pretty pleased with the creativity of everybody here. :-)
Last edited June 17, 2016 1:34 pm
Jun 17, 2016 9:51 pm
How do you pass secret notes to other players?
Jun 17, 2016 9:52 pm
Click on the Note button just above the text box
http://i.imgur.com/KFbmGCL.png
Last edited June 17, 2016 9:52 pm
Jun 17, 2016 9:53 pm
Thank you
Jun 18, 2016 5:08 am
Imagining Tetsuwan's voice, my first thought is Orson Welles as Unicron. Maybe less sinister. Maybe like James Spader as Ultron, but less chatty. Maybe a much chattier Iron Giant, or Groot. In fact, go ahead and cast Vin Diesel in the film adaptation of Haunting Past. :-D
Jun 20, 2016 8:15 pm
Sorry the start is slow guys. I'd like to give fernymerk fair chance to post, though we're going much slower than the 3 posts a week schedule I had originally intended. I'd like fernymerk to interact with his object before we continue the scene.
Jun 20, 2016 8:23 pm
No worries. I also want to give everyone a chance. Sometimes I need to post a To-Do list for myself in the event that I'll forget what I wanted in the meantime; my recent post was one such reminder.
Jun 20, 2016 8:29 pm
No problem, I'm really ok with a slow pace at the moment, I'm overwhelmed by my games right now, looking forward to two of them that I'm DMing closing up soon.
Jun 20, 2016 9:37 pm
Naatkinson says:
No problem, I'm really ok with a slow pace at the moment, I'm overwhelmed by my games right now, looking forward to two of them that I'm DMing closing up soon.
Pretty much same story here. The story of a GP addict. I literally started a new game today.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.