[CLOSED]Free Giveaway: RPG Bundle for Trans Rights

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 9, 2022 11:20 am
Hey there Gamers Plane people!

A few days ago, kalajel pointed out a huge bundle currently on sale on itch.io, containing quite a number of games, with some really interesting ones in there.
The thread I linked has a complete list of all the games listed in there. Or you can head straight to the bundle itself to check it out there.

The Bundle

In order to support both the cause as well as the awesome people on this site, I decided to purchase three extra bundles in addition to my own, that I want to share with anyone here who is interested.

My plan is the following:

- If you want to get one of the three bundles, reply to this thread. Let me know which of the books in the bundle you're the most interested in (I won't judge. I just want to make sure you've actually looked at it and have found something there that you like). Also let me know one thing you like about GP (Again, what specifically you write will not impact your chances)
- There's no minimum account age required. Whether you've been on the site since December 1, 2013 or since today, you can participate.
- I'll leave this open until let's say Sunday evening-ish European time, then I'll randomly draw three people who expressed interest and will contact those three for their email addresses to send the bundle to them.

Please don't be shy. I want to give these bundles away so I'm happy about anyone expressing interest.
Mar 9, 2022 11:53 am
Wow, that's A LOT of stuff in one bundle! o.0 And a lovely idea, bowlofspinach :)
Good luck to all participants!
Mar 9, 2022 1:42 pm
I would like to enter. A bunch of those games seem cool, I do have a soft spot for sciency games (like "Cass1n1" in this bundle), mysteries ("Noirlandia" - an actual corkboard with red string? Heck yeah!) and just overall simple games with silly/humerous story ideas ("Grandma Club", "A Response to the esteemed Dr. Crackpot", "Four Sherlock Holmes and a Vampire", "Space Train Space Heist"). "Mainframe" and "A Fool's Errand" also sound neat.

A thing I like about gamersplane is that you can find players for all kinds of game systems instead of just a handful of popular ones
Mar 9, 2022 3:14 pm
Thanks for the offer.

I was planning to purchase the bundle anyways. Since there's still 25 days left for it, I was waiting to see if more contributors would be added later, like it happened with the bundle for racial equality from a few years back...
Mar 9, 2022 3:17 pm
Ok let's make some fuss about this!

Best two things about GP are puns and you Bowl.

Instant win?

Jokes aside, it's all of you and all of us. Great community and a clean site selflessly provided by Keleth.

(Ok, it's Keleth, then you Bowl. SorryšŸ˜”)

Quite the collection of titles there. I'll list a couple that caught my eye. (There were more, but I had to keep this short.)

-Damn the Man, Save the Music
-For the Dungeon!
-Three Kobolds and a Trenchcoat

Len

Mar 10, 2022 4:20 am
Just wanted to post my support for this amazing bundle with an important cause. I got it too!
Mar 10, 2022 7:11 am
Bought it too, thanks @kalajel @bowlofspinach for flagging this
Mar 10, 2022 7:01 pm
OOC:
Not entering
Awesome bundle. I spent hours downloading various donated games that caught my eye.

Everybody should enter Bowlofspinach's generous giveaway.
Mar 10, 2022 7:33 pm
As a (minimum) wage-slave, this opportunity appeals to me.

On that subject, boy howdy that Hungry Gnolls Eat the Rich is striking some... notes. That said, "Fighting Delivery Felines" tickles me because I loved the goofy anime it Definitely Isn't Referencingā„¢, and I like the look of Kissing Comrades. There is quite a nice collection of stuff in there in general. That Garfield-phone game is kinda creeping me out though for some reason...

As for GP itself, I dunno I think I like the laid back atmosphere, nobody's been super heavily grognardy and demanded only their interpretation of X or Y is true and all others are wrong, nobody's jumped down anyone's throat about roleplaying style differences or the like, that I've seen yet. Everybody just kinda chills and does their own thing, which I respect and appreciate.

Regardless of whether I am chosen, it's good see this getting attention. We must all keep fightin' the good fight. Trans Rights Are Human Rights.
Last edited March 11, 2022 12:08 am
Mar 10, 2022 8:50 pm
Iā€™ll do this one, first because I noticed it (not as easy for me to do as youā€™d guess) and because I think itā€™s worth bumping so others notice it as well.

- books I likeā€¦ wellā€¦ soā€¦ my already short list was about 15 šŸ˜… I tried to pick five out of those
in space no one can hear you feel
a sense of ending
the world is ending and we are very large dogs, loss of signal,
dreampunk

- what I like about GP? I can have it whenever, however, wherever I want? Once you get used to the slower pace, the flexibility is great! Also, the community is very open to try new differen and crazy games which is so difficult IRL when a campaign takes a year twoā€¦ and GP has some really great players/gms around which is just brilliant šŸ¤©

Do I need to do something else? I sort of just half read the first post šŸ˜
Last edited March 10, 2022 8:52 pm
Mar 10, 2022 9:20 pm
One thing I like? Well, there's more than one, but in the interests of following directions, something I'm not good at, I will say, The Community is one big thing I like about GP.

As to the book, hmmm there are a few but I'll say Damn the Man, Save the Music. I listen to tunes almost every day for hours and hours so it fits. It also sounds like the perfect game for you to run, bowl!

KCC

Mar 10, 2022 11:28 pm
Iā€™ll toss my hat into the ring, too! Thanks for doing this!

In terms of games: Nibiru, The Things We Leave Behind, Agon, Planar Compass, Wanderhome and Thirsty Sword Lesbians draw the eye.

In terms of GP: Itā€™s a close knit community on here. People are always helpful and friendly. And someoneā€™s always around to have a chat.

And the any-time access to great games. I can just click a button on my phone and bang some great posts in my games to read. It really has scratched the itch of playing, especially with two young children and Covid!
Mar 11, 2022 7:50 am
So generous, Spinach, and such a good cause in such a crummy time. I'll grabbing the bundle myself so I can donate more than $5, but I think it's amazing you're doing this -- one of the many things I like about GP. I have to second Windy -- it's the people here that makes the place special. (And the lack of puns in this thread. Golden!)

And there are are awesome games in this bundle, folks. I mean literally too many to count, but Offworlders! A Dirty World! Agon! So good!
Mar 12, 2022 8:07 am
Still some time to go here. Anyone interested in a whole bunch of amazing stuff for free, sign up šŸ˜‰
Mar 12, 2022 9:56 pm
Me me me (bump) šŸ˜
Last edited March 12, 2022 9:56 pm
Mar 14, 2022 11:27 am
And the Giveaway is finished. Thanks to all who entered or otherwise commented on this thread. (And everyone who bought the bundle themselves!)

Thanks to Qralloq's support, everyone who entered has by now received a bundle as gift to their email addresses. (Except Windy, who cheated by already buying the bundle herself)
If you're having any trouble with the gifting process, let me know and I'm sure we can figure it out.

Thanks again for participating and supporting the cause of the bundle!
Mar 14, 2022 1:25 pm
This is why GP is a great community to be a part of.
I applaud you both @bowlofspinach and @qralloq .

And I'm not saying that just because I got one.
Last edited March 14, 2022 1:25 pm
Mar 14, 2022 2:16 pm
Nice! Excellent work, Bowl, Q, and GP community!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.