⭐ So much choice in the Games Tavern

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Games everywhere

Adam

Mar 15, 2022 9:49 am
Is it my imagination, or are there loads of great games being advertised in the Games Tavern at the moment?

DnD 5e, Blue Planet, superhero games, plus a whole bunch of indie games being discussed in @CESN's thread.

I thought I'd put up a quick open poll to see what other people thought.

If you were looking for a game, could you find a tavern game that you're interested in? Public

Yes, if anything, I'm spoilt for choice 🤯
Yes 😀
Yes, but I never get picked as a player! 😡
No, There's nothing that interests me 😩

Games everywhere
Mar 15, 2022 9:59 am
I've read many and always think "That would be fun". But I hardly ever join them, so I don't spread myself too thin :) (for now)
Mar 15, 2022 10:10 am
TheGenerator says:
I've read many and always think "That would be fun". But I hardly ever join them, so I don't spread myself too thin :) (for now)
I know what you mean, although it's nice to be part of a site where you could be a real glutton for games if you wanted to.

For me, the sweet spot is about three or four games, depending on their activity level.
Mar 15, 2022 11:09 am
I'm almost at the same boat with Generator, although I'm quite itching to play or GM something.

(Someone could say that I'm already at my limit though.)
Mar 15, 2022 1:23 pm
Figures that with a plethora of games on offer I am maxed out. But it's wonderful to see!
Mar 15, 2022 2:04 pm
...and with Aquafina running the Critical Role adventure Call of the Netherdeep too? Man! That's an impressive selection.
Mar 15, 2022 2:22 pm
I've been looking for a game to join, but a lot of what's on offer currently doesn't quite grab me enough, for one reason or another. I overextended myself on games last year, so now I want to make sure any game I join is one that really pulls at me.

It's not you, it's me. ;)
Mar 15, 2022 2:34 pm
timplausible says:
I've been looking for a game to join, but a lot of what's on offer currently doesn't quite grab me enough, for one reason or another. I overextended myself on games last year, so now I want to make sure any game I join is one that really pulls at me.

It's not you, it's me. ;)
It's common. Lots of us join too many games, find it overwhelming, then leave. It's so common, I almost think the site should have a button for it (the "Apologise, and take a break" button?)

Well done on coming back though! It's always nice to see the return of familiar faces.
Mar 15, 2022 2:47 pm
Given the ebb and flow of new games on GP, it's really nice to see we've had a good run of new people and games as of late. I don't even know where people are coming from.
Mar 15, 2022 3:44 pm
I've been fighting the urge to run a fourth game on GP for weeks or months now.

Trouble is, the list is long. I'd love to run some DCC or The Black Hack. I've got designs on Symbaroum, Mork Borg and Forbidden Lands. I have a notion to run Prince Valiant of all things... even though I don't have any real connection to the source material, I'm jonesing for some chivalric adventures -- jousting, tournaments, grand feasts, evil knights that need their comeuppance and such. It's a very cool little system, and would make for lighter fare than I usually run. On the darker flip side of that would be Warlock!, or a system TBD medieval / low fantasy game drenched in court politics, intrigue, persecution, religious schisms, rebellions and such. System ideas for that range from tuned versions of the aforementioned PV and Warlock! to Into the Odd, Cairn or even Rebel Crown.

And that's just fantasy! Also on my mind is Offworlders, World of Dungeons Turbo: Breakers, and one of about three different cyberpunk games. Espionage or 1930s pulp would also be cool, and it's been too long since I've run or played in a supers game.

In short, AUGH! Sorry for this peek inside my brain... not very tidy in here.

Taking some time off for vacation next week. I think I'll give it all some thought then...

Edit: also forgot about the sword and sorcery games I want to run. Urgh.
Last edited March 15, 2022 3:55 pm
Mar 15, 2022 3:54 pm
There have been a lot of really great sounding games recently. We're in that phase of GP again where too much happens at once 😄
Mar 15, 2022 4:04 pm
bowlofspinach says:
There have been a lot of really great sounding games recently. We're in that phase of GP again where too much happens at once 😄
[ +- ] That can only mean that soon …
😅
Last edited March 15, 2022 4:05 pm
Mar 15, 2022 5:00 pm
I would enjoy a "system TBD medieval / low fantasy game drenched in court politics, intrigue, persecution, religious schisms, rebellions and such. System ideas for that range from tuned versions of the aforementioned PV and Warlock! to Into the Odd, Cairn or even Rebel Crown."

Of the systems you mention, Harrigan, Into the Odd is the only one I am familiar with.

In a few weeks I will be down at least one game so maybe can pick one up. But with all these games on offer, sheesh, I might have to roll some dice to choose if they are still around by then. With any luck, this plethora of games either on offer or being thought about will keep on going as a new trend at GP.
Mar 15, 2022 5:04 pm
There's all the open calls, the games from the bundle I was generously gifted and want to try, as well as my own list. There's also a user who, in their "Games I'm interested in", lists a game I have really wanted to try and every time the user pops up on the front page, I am tempted to start up a game again and again. Who knew this feature would be so torturous?
Mar 15, 2022 5:25 pm
Quote:
Who knew this feature would be so torturous?
Adam knew.
Mar 15, 2022 6:00 pm
Harrigan says:
..I'd love to run some DCC or The Black Hack. I've got designs on Symbaroum, Mork Borg and Forbidden Lands...
Oh so many good games. Please run a Black Hack or Mork Borg. And count me in if you do. :)
Mar 15, 2022 6:36 pm
Poor bowl 😞

No one likes spinach I guess 🤷

https://i.imgur.com/23eBgmsm.jpg
Last edited March 15, 2022 6:49 pm
Mar 15, 2022 6:55 pm
I just thought the answer was funny. I usually get into the games I want because they're usually not 5e
Mar 15, 2022 7:30 pm
Joined one of those. Now waiting on the GM to show up

You do not have permission to post in this thread.