IC: Fantasy play using Usurper RPG

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

OpenUsurperPublic3 / weekValdus
https://i.imgur.com/3fqSQcy.jpeg

On lush hills on the frontier lies the town- fortress of Corim. Once a military nexus, now a peaceful and prosperous village. Nestled safely within a solid castle perimeter, the town has evolved into a bastion in the Western Frontier. While once constantly invaded by hordes of demi-humans and monsters alike, the Crimson Guard squashed the invading army, giving the town time to grow and bloom.

But with prosperity comes power, with power comes individuals and groups, with groups come factions. So things may not be as perfect in the proud town as may seem.

And things lurk under the surface, so say the remaining members of the Crimson- especially with strangers arriving.

Is your band considered strangers when they arrive in Corim for a well deserved rest and regroup? Will they be considered heroes or heralds?

May 21, 2022 3:57 am
Interest Check for after i get over this Covid (been a week so far and it just comes back). I would like to try a traditional crawl using the Usurper rules.

By all means feel free to post opinions, interest, ideas or the like. Tis a unique system i must say.
Last edited May 22, 2022 11:16 pm
May 21, 2022 9:49 am
I hope you get well soon.

I don't know the system. But the pitch on drivethru looks great. I would love to try it out and grab the pdf.

Count me interested.
May 21, 2022 11:46 pm
As a preview, or perhaps bait, I thought I would post the main Action/ Consequence chart where the entire game is based. Traits, exceptions and other descriptors allow you to roll twice on the table per burning them for some time.
[ +- ] A/C Chart
Last edited May 23, 2022 7:01 pm
May 27, 2022 5:28 am
I'm down to play
May 27, 2022 3:44 pm
I am new to the system, however it does intrigue me! Would be happy to join if you are still recruiting
May 13, 2024 10:38 pm
I am starting this up again. I was inspired by this game after I got a printed copy. It's amazing what you notice when you read something on paper. These dang eyes aren't what they used to be.
May 16, 2024 11:43 pm
How complicated are the rules? I made a vow not to learn rules heavy systems for PbP any longer as I cannot take the heartbreak.

Ooh ruleslite and ez

Ok I will play

Look I got in! But just barely.
Last edited May 17, 2024 3:07 am

Rolls

Jomsviking Takes Action - (1d100)

(40) = 40

May 17, 2024 10:34 am
Quote:
Your action barely succeeds.
You have succeeded! I say with just that one action you have about 80% of the rules down. That is all it takes. If you don't have the rules I highly recommend them, not only for this game but for just about any RPG. As a GM they are invaluable for any game.

Creating a character has two choices- The player can pick and choose all or parts of the two choices.

1. Short- Write a paragraph or concept on the character, pick 6 traits (cliches, attributes, tropes. descriptions- what have you) and 3 convictions (beliefs or catch phrases that can and will influence the world). Think up one NPC aquaintance, and you are good to go.

2. Story Method- Roll on the five character creation tables and etch out the character's history and background while picking 6 traits, 3 convictions and 1 aquaintance along the way.

After, We review the character, shake any imperfections or inconsistencies out, and you are ready to roll.

As we speak I am working on a player primer that summarizes the rules for the players and explains this character creation in more detail and provides those charts.
Last edited May 17, 2024 10:35 am
May 20, 2024 11:14 am
UPDATE: Crow Tyrrson, a warrior of Odin, has joined our game.

Velkomin! who else shall join him to explore the prosperous town of Corim?

NOTE: I changed the game 'hook' to give the opportunity to explore the strange city of Corim.
Last edited May 20, 2024 12:05 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.