Supporting GP

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 24, 2016 1:22 pm
Specially with the influx of new members to the site lately, I thought I'd remind everyone of a few different ways you can support Gamers' Plane if you're liking your experience here.

First and foremost is letting other people know about GP. The more people you tell, the more signups we have, the more games get run and the more players there are. If you know a podcast you think would be interested in having a guest, I'll be glad to talk to them about PbP, digital gaming, among other topics. If you know a blog that covers topics like GP, let me know. If you're on good terms with your FLGS, let them know about us. If you're at a con and want to represent GP, I still have a few spare shirts (I think 2 L, 1 XL) and business cards you can have, free of charge (if you can help with shipping, great, if not, it's fine).

Being active in the community outside games also helps; it helps draw in new visitors and makes GP a more awesome, happy environment. Start up new threads, welcome in new members who introduce themselves. If you feel like doing more, I've definitely long passed the point where I could use volunteers to help me. Details are currently up in this thread.

If you can't spare time, but are planning on buying stuff online, GP currently has 3 referral programs. We all shop on Amazon, DriveThru RPG has an amazing selection of RPG books, and their other sites offer a wide variety of digital products, and if you want awesome dice (and now dice accessories), Easy Roller Dice Co. is where you want to look. These links are also on the About GP page and the bottom right of every page.

If you'd like to support GP directly, fiscally, there's also a PayPal donation link on the bottom right of every page (the big "Support Us" button). I will eventually setup a Patreon-eqse page; I've been hesitant to setup a Patreon directly, as they take more off the top than PayPal does directly, and I have no idea what reward levels I'd offer you guys.

Appreciate everyone's support and I look forward to making the site continually more awesome for you.
Aug 20, 2016 9:50 pm
The link for Easy Ruler Dice is broken.
Aug 20, 2016 11:57 pm
All these links are in the footer as well, but thanks for catching that. I've fixed it (I apparently couldn't spell my own site's domain...).
Aug 21, 2016 2:57 am
The post was made in a post-something-exhausting haze, right? ;)
Aug 21, 2016 4:13 am
It was probably made on the train on my way to work; not as carefully.
Aug 22, 2016 11:47 pm
Quick question for you, Keleth, about the amazon link. I will be ordering stuff off amazon, most likely, within the week. Is there a way to see if the referral link is working and that you will be getting whatever you get from it?
Aug 23, 2016 3:09 am
I don't know if there's any way to confirm it. As I understand it, when you click via my link, it adds a session variable, so anything you do while you're in that session will count towards my link. I think we can hope it works :p I know people have been using the Amazon link a bit, so it does look like it works.
Aug 23, 2016 3:20 am
Ok, hopefully it works when I do it. If you're allowed/feel comfortable to answer, do you know how much you get from it? Mostly asking because if it is only a couple cents, i'd be more than happy to toss a couple extra dollars your way.
Aug 23, 2016 3:30 am
It's based on what you buy and how many items people have bought a month. There are specific categories that earn between 2-10%, and anything not in those categories earn 4% for the first 6 shipped items, 6% till 30 items, 6.5%, 7%, 7.5%, 8%, 8.25%, and then maxing at 8.5%. Not all items qualify.
Aug 23, 2016 3:44 am
Would you be able to tell me how much you got from me or is it just jumbled all together?
Aug 23, 2016 3:57 am
As far as I can see right now, I can see the earnings by product?
Aug 23, 2016 4:14 am
Oh so if I buy say 10 different items it would show like
Item 1 - earn
Item 2 - earn
Item 3 - earn
etc...
if all the items qualify? Is there a way to check if something qualifies?
Also, kind of unrelated, I have 6 cents on my card, if I donated it to you it would just be a net gain of 6 cents right?
Aug 23, 2016 4:31 am
On what card is the question, heh. If it's something you can PayPal, I'd get 5 cents, as they do take a percent of any donations. As for what qualifies, honestly, so far I haven't seen anything not qualify for at least 2%, but they say in the their terms, qualifying products, so I assume there's stuff that doesn't qualify. And yes, I'm guessing for security reasons, they don't show me bundled sales, but rather items bought. This way, I can't tell what all someone bought, and together. But they show up in order, so I can sorta guess. For example, there are four volumes of graphic novels followed by an HDMI cable. I can sorta guess someone probably bought the novels (specially since 3 of them are volumes of the same one), but if they bought the cable, it was an add-on to the purchase. I did notice that if you buy downloadable software through Amazon, it's worth 10%. Thank you, whomever bought the one year Xbox Gold membership; you donated $6!
Aug 23, 2016 4:43 am
Ok just wanted to be sure it wasn't charging you or something being such a small amount. I guess there isn't any harm if they don't qualify, they don't qualify. If you want let me if it is below 5$ so I can equal it out.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.