[Closed] Dungeon Crawl Classics Funnel Adventure

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedDungeon Crawl ClassicsPrivate5 / weekseifi
The Curwen Family have lived up among the pine woods on the outskirts of the town of Hillkant for as long as the oldest town gaffers can remember.
During one evening, the beautiful Bessie Curwen’s bonnet is found in the grasp of a strange creature. The folk owe much to her family, so someone must go up into the dark pine-clad hills to make sure that the Curwens are all right.
After all, the Curwens saved the town from starvation two winters ago. If you do not go, who will?

Jun 14, 2022 8:56 pm
Hey there everyone!

I am considering running a funnel adventure for Dungeon Crawl Classics with a possibility of subsequent adventures based on player interest. I have a module in mind (called the Arwich Grinder), however I am willing to switch if anybody’s played through it before.

The Game System and Rules Version: Dungeon Crawl Classics. Since this will be my first time DMing this system, I would prefer to stick to the core book.

The Pitch: The Curwen Family have lived up among the pine woods on the outskirts of the town of Hillkant for as long as the oldest town gaffers can remember.
During one evening, the beautiful Bessie Curwen’s bonnet is found in the grasp of a strange creature. The folk owe much to her family, so someone must go up into the dark pine-clad hills to make sure that the Curwens are all right.
After all, the Curwens saved the town from starvation two winters ago. If you do not go, who will?

Adult Content or Controversial Themes: The chosen module has horror elements to it, along with a small amount of nudity. It is not my intention, however, to dwell on these things in any way, as their only purpose is to set the story’s tone and atmosphere.

The characters will be generated randomly (either via GP or Purple Sorcerer’s generator), as of now I am looking for 3-5 players. The expected game frequency would be 4-5 posts per week.
Last edited June 26, 2022 10:46 am
Jun 14, 2022 9:19 pm
I will lift my axe for the Curwen's.
Jun 15, 2022 2:30 am
Aye, I am also interested in helping the Curwen Family.
Jun 15, 2022 3:56 am
I would scale the hill, the Curwen's have been good to us after all...
Jun 15, 2022 6:21 pm
Following closely. "Mayhaps get a bit of a reward for our efforts?"
Jun 16, 2022 9:40 am
Happy to see there is still some courage in this world! Invites sent, may the grinding commence!
Jun 16, 2022 2:22 pm
For the record -- sounds great and I'd love to join in, but I'm looking to trim rather than join games...
Jun 16, 2022 8:39 pm
I have never played before but I would like to try.
Jun 17, 2022 7:06 am
No worries Harrigan, I do believe this is not the last time that the citizens of Hillkant need aid!

Happy to have you Laura! Sending the invite now.
Last edited June 17, 2022 7:06 am
Jun 17, 2022 11:23 am
So glad to see DCC getting more love on the boards!
Feb 16, 2023 3:12 pm
I would like to participate but I am a newbie, I have lots of free time.
Last edited February 16, 2023 3:12 pm
Feb 18, 2023 3:47 am
Well its a pretty fresh corpse, but Necromancy is a vile practice.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.