Summer Games Done Quick!!!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 28, 2016 3:54 pm
Anyone else hyped for the upcoming, semi-annual speedrunning extravaganza? I'm a huge fan of the GamesDoneQuick organization, and while I'm not even close to dedicated enough to attempt speedrunning myself, I love watching other people do it. That's why I always make sure to watch the GDQ marathons, one of which is coming up NEXT WEEK.

The schedule's here and, as always, looks AMAZING: https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

If you've never seen any of these before and/or don't know much about speedrunning, I usually write a blog post about the marathons after they conclude which contain my favorite runs from the event. Check it out if you're interested. /endplug

Anyone else excited for this? Just me?
Jun 28, 2016 4:52 pm
I've always been a big GDQ supporter, having donated multiple times in the past... it's always to a good cause and with some neat prizes. I never expect to win, but a guy can hope, right?

I'm always impressed (and sometimes demoralized) at the skill speed runners have. I can barely manage to get around to finishing a game, these guys and girls turn finishing games into an art. I always love the abstract ones like finishing a game blindfolded or playing multiple controllers.
Jun 28, 2016 5:14 pm
I never thought I'd care so much about speed Tetris but daaaaaaaaamn.

Stepmania from AGDQ was insane too.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.