(Recruitment) Fate Warhammer 40K

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedFate CorePrivate1 / dayJoshuaMabry
It is the 41st Millennium…
For more than a hundred centuries the Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the master of Mankind by the will of the gods, and master of a million worlds by the night of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day, so that he may never truly die.
Yet in his deathless state, the Emperor continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty battle fleets cross the Daemon-infested miasma of the Warp, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the Astronomican, the shining psychic manifestation of the Emperor’s will. Vast armies give battle in his name on uncounted worlds. Greatest among his soldiers are the Adeptus Astartes, the Space Marines, bioengineered super-warriors. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Imperial Guard, the ever-vigilant Inquisition, and the Tech-Priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus to name but a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat from aliens, heretics, mutants, and worse.
To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be relearned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim darkness of the future, there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of the thirsting gods.

This game will be violent and have elements of horror. There will be no sexual violence tolerated.

Jul 22, 2022 6:09 pm
I'm looking for at least one more player for this game.

Any and all experience levels with Fate and with the setting are welcome.

Warhammer 40K is a violent horrific setting and this game will definitely be rated M for Mature. But there will be no sexual content or violence, and any violence towards children will take place off screen.

I am open to any player regardless of gender identification, sexual orientation, and ethnic background. Also, English does not have to be your first language to participate.

Posting expectation is once a day Monday through Friday. I've got story ideas that will take many weeks (months?) to play through depending on our posting speed, so I'm looking for a player/players in it for the long haul.

See the game details page for character creation guidelines.

Post here if you're interested in playing.
Last edited July 22, 2022 7:14 pm
Jul 25, 2022 2:35 pm
Still looking for one or perhaps two more players.
Jul 25, 2022 5:24 pm
I’ll try it. I’ve never played FATE, so I really need some hand-holding.
Jul 25, 2022 5:29 pm
No worries about that. A couple other players are new to the system as well. Sending you an invite.
Jul 25, 2022 6:29 pm
I would also be interested in playing if you still need another player but like HeroAmongMen I have never played Fate.
Jul 25, 2022 6:30 pm
I'd love one more. Sending you an invite.
Jul 25, 2022 6:31 pm
And I'm full up folks.
Aug 24, 2022 9:03 pm
As happens, I lost a couple players in the birthing of this game. Looking for two more. Anyone interested?
Aug 24, 2022 9:08 pm
I'd like to be considered, GM. Love WH40K but not played Fate (althouh I have long wanted to try it)
Aug 24, 2022 9:28 pm
Sent you an invite. Check out the game detail page and our session zero thread for character building info. Do you need a copy of the rules?
Aug 24, 2022 9:34 pm
Thank you!

I have Fate Core downloaded from Evil Hat - do I need anything else?
Aug 24, 2022 9:35 pm
I'm using Fate Condensed, which made a couple tweaks. PM me your email and I'll send you a copy.
Aug 25, 2022 2:17 am
Hey, you still need one more? I think I have a copy of FATE condensed floating around somewhere in my PC from when I played Dresden File RPG.

And, I have really been jonesing for a 40k game.
Aug 25, 2022 9:34 am
Invite sent.

And that's all again folks.
Aug 25, 2022 8:13 pm
GM, are you happy with me rolling up an Interrogator for the campaign?
Aug 28, 2022 11:35 am
I am into WH40k, and have tried to use Fate in one of my games, so I know the basics of rolling 4 dices of + and -

But if you are not accepting new players, I am willing to be on standby. PM me if I didn't respond for a few days.
Aug 28, 2022 12:30 pm
I'm all full up now. I'll let you know if I slot opens up.
Aug 29, 2022 9:41 am
Alright. I'll wait then.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.