1 - A New Dawn

load previous
Feb 25, 2017 12:47 am
Keirso was tired and could feel his body beginning to fail him. But he refused to let his own weakness limit him. He drew on the Force, letting it prop him up and guide his movements and he could almost feel the flow of the fight turning in his favor.

Then something went dark in Venzo. Something was giving him strength too, but Keirso was sure they weren't pulling from the same well.

There was more behind his strikes than muscle could account for and there was little Keirso could do, worn as he was. Venzo let out a grunt that was as close to a growl and struck a savage blow that knocked his Keirso's saber from his grasp. Keirso thought for a moment that his next blow would take off his head at the neck. But the green blade stopped just short and the two men stood breathing hard for a moment. Keirso felt as though he could barely stand, but he forced his body to steady itself and look Venzo in the eye.

"We need to be cautious what we're driving toward, my friend," he said softly. He wasn't sure if any of the others were watching or listening. He wanted what he was saying to stay strictly between the two of them. "I understand your anger. What the Empire has done is beyond monstrous. But you don't fight fire with fire. That only makes the fire bigger, stronger. You have to quench a flame. We must be water in this galaxy on fire."
Feb 25, 2017 1:26 am
Venzo held the softly buzzing green blade at Keirso's neck, eyes locked with his, energized by the thrill of combat, exultant, ready for more, eager. Seconds passed, then Keirso's words sunk in, and it was as if he could see himself from an external view: a man trained in the Light Side of the force, still hungry and lustful for combat, despite the fact that the battle was over, already won. It was then that he could feel some sort of small, dark hole within, vengeful, subversive, insidiously present, malignant with intent.

His emotions went numb as he felt the flow of the Force draining from his very being, until he was empty, left with only one thought, echoing in his mind.

Water.

Slowly the blade withdrew, finding its sheath as it disappeared into the hilt. Venzo lowered his saber arm to his side, turned around, and walked away.
Last edited February 25, 2017 1:28 am
Feb 25, 2017 1:31 am
Kellin was standing in the shadows after his nap, watching his two friends duel. "Keirso's right Ven as much as I am for breaking the rules here and there the Empire feels dark, darker than the Clone Wars ever did. You can't fight the Darkness with Darkness. Now more than ever we need to be the Light." Kellin shrugs "Maybe not as Jedi in the traditional sense of how we were taught, but lets be honest," Kellin pauses smiling "we were never great at that anyway. I have been doing alot of thinking, alot of thinking and sleeping," he says through a yawn "what I have come to realize is maybe this is our time to be the Jedi we were meant to be. We just each needs to figure out what that means."
Last edited February 25, 2017 1:31 am
Feb 25, 2017 1:41 am
ArchTDS says:
Kellin was standing in the shadows after his nap, watching his two friends duel. "Keirso's right Ven as much as I am for breaking the rules here and there the Empire feels dark, darker than the Clone Wars ever did. You can't fight--- "
Venzo keeps walking by as Kellin's words trail off behind him.

No offense Arch, but Venzo wouldn't stop to listen. The duel with Keirso was illustration enough.
Last edited February 25, 2017 1:42 am
Feb 25, 2017 2:50 pm
OOC:
Venzo - I think you picked up 2 conflict from that Dark Side, destiny flip. Not sure I'll keep using the mechanic, but let's track it just in case. :)

Also -- if folks are so inclined, I've found these rules interesting on duels. Think it's a publicly posted PDF on Google, but if you can't get to it let me know.

Feb 25, 2017 5:10 pm
Kellin just shakes his head as Ven walks by, "I thought I was the one who was slipping." Kellin looks at Keirso, "We are going to need to watch him, I'd rather us not have to fight each other but..." Kellin's words trail off shaking his head. "Hopefully Xorn brings good tidings and opportunities." He pulls out his training saber "I also need to start working on my own personalized saber, this training saber is going to get me killed in a real fight."
Feb 25, 2017 10:05 pm
You pop out of hyperspace not far from Xorrn, and it appears to be a rust-covered world, speckled with muddy-orange clouds. Cutting across your arppoach vector, as you all crowd in the cockpit, much to Gar's dismay, you pick out the faint black specks of a debris field.

Gar maneuvers closer to the planet and the specs resolve into a conglomeration of asteroids and starship wreckage as you draw closer. A massive bulk hauler rests anchored to the skeletal remains of a Acclamator-class cruiser. Gar is unimpressed -- that stuff is decades old to him. But to each of you, it's almost like a hammer blow. Not a few months ago from your perspective, you were on an Acclamator-class cruiser with your master. The past reaches out with its unsympathetic fist and squeezes your chest.
Feb 25, 2017 10:07 pm
OOC:
Adding difficulty for Davro's hacking. Result is 3 success, 2 threat -- I'll pick this up momentarily after this vignette.

Rolls

Hacking difficulty

4 Threat

Total: 4 Threat

Feb 28, 2017 3:07 pm
OOC:
Ok. Rolling along...
Gar sends the IFF frequency that Davro was able to extract from the message and he receives a communication from Xorrn to land at "Landing Shaft Besh" with some coordinates. Turning the ship deeper towards the planet, Gar takes it in...

The Gundark descends into the orange clouds and the light around the cockpit has an eerie, sickly tinge to it. Gar complains that the controls are sluggish, but he's able to bring the ship in without trouble. As you break throught he clouds and approach the surface you see a few dozen spherical shipwrecks -- Trade Federation cores -- rusting in the sand below. Several deep shafts pock the surface, and one of them has flashing green lights. "That must be Landing Shaft Besh." Gar comments absently. He directs the Gundark there.

Settling into the shaft, the ship descends several hundred meters below the surface, slowly rotating around as it plays the lights outside the cockpit on the walls of the shaft. Somewhat boringly they reveal nothing more than rock. With a deft touch, Gar lands the Gundark on the platform and you all can see a group of four people awaiting your arrival. A young man appears to be in a heated argument with an older, grease-stained woman in engineering coveralls. Behind them, an older grey-bearded man and a thing woman in rich dark robes look on -- seemingly unimpressed by the argument before them.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.