[Recruitment] Urban Shadows (1e): Boston

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedPowered by the ApocalypsePublic1 / dayMr_Beastley
https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/030/834/766/9641e5d323b129c14a3075eaa7d7acdd_original.jpg?ixlib=rb-4.0.2&crop=faces&w=1552&h=873&fit=crop&v=1601587280&auto=format&frame=1&q=92&s=4dbf7b818b2f3bbd981a464165cfc5a0

Urban Shadows is an urban fantasy tabletop roleplaying game in which mortals and monsters vie for control of a modern-day city, a political battleground layered just under the reality we think we know. Vampires, faeries, hunters, and wizards fight to carve out a piece of the streets and skyscrapers, ready to make deals with all those who have something to offer.

Although Urban Shadows already comes with a baked-in World of Darkness "feel", this game will be aimed at veering even closer to that by allowing more than one of any particular splat.

That being said, I am a firm proponent of "Play to Find Out What Happens". Together, MC and players will create the politics, intrigue, and danger within the city of Boston and, in turn, reshape it.

Aug 22, 2022 4:34 pm
https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/030/834/766/9641e5d323b129c14a3075eaa7d7acdd_original.jpg?ixlib=rb-4.0.2&crop=faces&w=1552&h=873&fit=crop&v=1601587280&auto=format&frame=1&q=92&s=4dbf7b818b2f3bbd981a464165cfc5a0

Urban Shadows is an urban fantasy tabletop roleplaying game in which mortals and monsters vie for control of a modern-day city, a political battleground layered just under the reality we think we know. Vampires, faeries, hunters, and wizards fight to carve out a piece of the streets and skyscrapers, ready to make deals with all those who have something to offer.

Although Urban Shadows already comes with a baked-in World of Darkness "feel", this game will be aimed at veering even closer to that by allowing more than one of any particular splat.

That being said, I am a firm proponent of "Play to Find Out What Happens". Together, MC and players will create the politics, intrigue, and danger within the city of Boston and, in turn, reshape it.

Adult Content or Controversial Themes: We will discuss during Character Creation/Session Zero what aspects of this type of content players are uncomfortable with and do not wish to see in this game, however there will be some adult content and some controversial themes as we are exploring a world of social and supernatural predators, politics, and intrigue.

https://s3-eu-north-1.amazonaws.com/pdx-campaign-wp-data/uploads/sites/10/2019/11/29053628/preview-image.jpg

Character Creation:

We will generate characters together through discussion on the Character Creation thread utilizing the Urban Shadows 1e rules.

In addition, players will be free to add on a "World of Darkness" feel to their Urban Shadows playbook via the use of this World of Darkness fan-made supplement located here.

If you are the only player for a particular splat, you may choose to utilize the "vanilla" character creation rules from the Urban Shadows book if you so wish. However, if more than one player wants to play, say, the Vamp, then the link above will need to be used to create two unique flavors of Vampire.

Game Duration and Post Frequency: I intend this game to run as a full campaign until the players have all had a chance to tell their characters' story. I would like to see everyone post at least 5 times per week. I understand that weekends and holidays can be difficult for some and I encourage everyone to be patient with each other.

How to Apply: I am looking for at the most 4 players for this game so that everyone has a chance to have the spotlight on their characters. Please reply to this thread or send me a direct message.

This game is explicitly friendly to LGBT and any other minorities or marginalized groups.

Link to the game is here.
Last edited August 22, 2022 8:18 pm
Aug 23, 2022 2:40 pm
More about the city of Boston as depicted in this game that could be explored:

* Secret Societies at Harvard
* Salem and its haunted environs
* Dark forests to the west
* Elite mansions and urban street crime

The city of Boston hides many secrets. Are you ready for what might be unearthed...?
Aug 23, 2022 3:58 pm
This has definitely piqued my interest. Reminds me of Hellboy, and I dig it. Never played this game before but I'm always willing to learn new systems. After taking a quick look at the handbook I would love to play The Hunter archetype!
Aug 23, 2022 5:10 pm
This actually sounds really neat and I love Powered by the Apocalypse settings. I'll peruse the rules later today but I would love the chance to join and play.
Aug 24, 2022 4:46 pm
Looking for one more player if anyone is interested!
Aug 24, 2022 4:53 pm
I want to join, sounds interesting!
Aug 24, 2022 4:56 pm
Cool! Invite sent and we are now closed :)
Nov 3, 2022 2:23 am
Hey everyone! We have one spot open for a player in this game.

The game is public so feel free to go read and let me know if this is your jam or would be interested in joining this game already in progress!

Game here...
Nov 3, 2022 3:13 am
I haven't gotten to play this yet, but I'd love to try it out.
Nov 3, 2022 7:09 pm
Hey ZeroCool, can you PM me a playbook and character concept? Thanks!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.