πŸŽƒ Nezzeraj's 2nd Ann. Halloween Game [Recruit]

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedMothershipPublic1 / daynezzeraj
A deep-sea salvage crew stumbles upon something unknown in the depths of the ocean.

Sep 3, 2022 12:39 am
Hello everyone, it's getting to be that time of year again! I had such a great time running a short(ish) horror game for Halloween last year that I will be making this an annual event.

This year I will be running an undersea horror game using modified Mothership rules. Inspirations are The Abyss, Deep Star Six, and Sphere. The basic premise is an underwater mining company found something mysterious on the ocean floor and the government and scientists have been called in to discover what it is. While you will have to work together sometimes, you'll also be working against each other with different goals and motivations. Each class represents a different faction as follows:

Teamster: The miners who are just trying to do their job and get home safely
Scientist: Discover as much information as possible, regardless of who gets harmed
Marine: Protect national interests and any government secrets at all costs
Corporatist: Protect company property and assets (not including workers who are always expendable) at all costs

As mentioned, we'll be using the Mothership rules system, but modified to fit a very near-future underwater environment rather than far-future space. The android class will be replaced with the corporatist, and many of the skills will be altered to fit as well. Maybe some additional rules for decompression, pressure, etc.

This will be a rather active game with a posting rate of 1/day preferred, 5/week minimum. I'm looking for 8-10 players. Since it's a horror one-shot there will be lots of death. If you are interested in joining, leave a comment!
Sep 3, 2022 3:42 am
I'm interested in joining this year - was sad I skipped the last one :)
Sep 3, 2022 3:57 am
Aww, you didn't go for the cruise ship slasher.

Last year was fun, though, so I'd still be interested (unless you get too much interest). Corporatist sounds fun.
Sep 3, 2022 4:11 am
bowlofspinach says:
Aww, you didn't go for the cruise ship slasher.
Yeah, sadly I just couldn't find a system that fit. Reading through Epoch and while it has some cool ideas, it was way too rigid in its structure. But on the plus side I started planning out a rules lite horror movie rpg I will work on and hopefully use to run the cruise ship idea next year.
Sep 3, 2022 8:30 am
I love Mothership I have all the modules, or almost ... but I don't want to bore you with my presence even in this story. But ... if you have a seat left ... think about me. πŸ˜‚
Sep 3, 2022 8:48 am
@nezzeraj
Did you use the 1e, or the 0 version of the rules?
Sep 3, 2022 9:39 am
I believe 1e. You won't bore us with your presence lol. There are still many slots left.
Sep 3, 2022 9:54 am
I don’t know the rules but this sound like a cool special 😁
Sep 3, 2022 10:01 am
CESN says:
I don’t know the rules but this sound like a cool special 😁
It's a very easy percentile system where you roll under your attribute or skill. Are you interested in joining?
Sep 3, 2022 10:14 am
Oh, I see. This is what you were trying to figure out the dice rules for 😁
Sep 3, 2022 10:37 am
bowlofspinach says:
Oh, I see. This is what you were trying to figure out the dice rules for 😁
Haha yes indeed!
Sep 3, 2022 11:40 am
I’m in if there’s room and you’ll have me. I did play last year and am still sore about dying, so if there are a bunch of others with their hands in the air to play, happy to hand my ticket to someone else.
Sep 3, 2022 11:55 am
Harrigan says:
I’m in if there’s room and you’ll have me. I did play last year and am still sore about dying, so if there are a bunch of others with their hands in the air to play, happy to hand my ticket to someone else.
Aw I'm sorry you feel sore. You're always invited to my games! These games do have a high body count though.
Sep 3, 2022 12:55 pm
@nezzeraj
If you want there's the Mothership sheet in repository, need some modify but...
Sep 3, 2022 1:08 pm
ZeroHero says:
@nezzeraj
If you want there's the Mothership sheet in repository, need some modify but...
I already used your template to make a new updated one. It's in the repository already :). I need to make further adjustments for this specific game still.
Last edited September 3, 2022 1:09 pm
Sep 3, 2022 2:13 pm
Last year's game was a blast but I'll let others get murdered horribly instead. Good luck everyone. You'll need it.
Sep 3, 2022 2:30 pm
Windyridge says:
Last year's game was a blast but I'll let others get murdered horribly instead. Good luck everyone. You'll need it.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘
Sep 3, 2022 3:08 pm
I am unfamiliar with the rules, but would love to get in on this.

Any idea where I can find whatever rulebook I need?

Edit: I found a .pdf, 44 pages long, focused around Alien/Aliens. Hopefully that's the one?
Last edited September 3, 2022 3:15 pm
Sep 3, 2022 3:53 pm
MAJunior search Mothership and you can miss it
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.