[Closed] Pathfinder 1e: Rise of the Runelords

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 3, 2022 2:42 am
I am looking for some people to run through the Rise of the Runelords adventure path for Pathfinder 1e. If you want to know more about it, they have a free player's guide that will give you an idea of what to expect.

It's definitely a high fantasy adventure with a massive number of monsters of all types. There's some dungeon crawling, some monster slaying, and some mystery solving mixed in. Be prepared for the long haul, as this game could easily go for 5-6 years.

Discord participation will be required, as it's much easier for out of character talking and planning.

I'm not looking for power gamers trying to break the system. We will also be using the Elephant in the Room feat tax rules if that matters to you :)
Sep 3, 2022 2:55 am
Will you allow the kineticist?
Sep 3, 2022 2:57 am
Jomsviking says:
Absolutely, as long as you aren't trying to break the system. The only thing that's banned right off hand is Summoner.
Sep 3, 2022 2:59 am
Woot. I'm game. Ready to go.
Sep 3, 2022 3:09 am
Naatkinson says:
Jomsviking says:
Absolutely, as long as you aren't trying to break the system. The only thing that's banned right off hand is Summoner.
Can the kineticist do this? Even hit point God is weak compared to most classes
Sep 3, 2022 3:21 am
Throwing my hat in the proverbial ring!
Last edited September 3, 2022 3:21 am
Sep 3, 2022 3:21 am
Jomsviking says:
Naatkinson says:
Jomsviking says:
Can the kineticist do this? Even hit point God is weak compared to most classes
I'm not super familiar, so I was just making sure :)
Sep 3, 2022 3:36 am
Hit point God has a lot of hit points. But with the mediocre dpr and nonexistent armor class it's good for boss types but bad against large groups.

Consequently I don't plan on building it.
Sep 3, 2022 3:55 am
So if everyone who's expressed interest still wants to play, the group has four players:
@C1nder
@Jomsviking
@GeneCortess
@GreyGriffin
Sep 3, 2022 4:09 am
I'm interested! I started a game a few years back, and got through a few sessions with some HEAVY modifications since there were only two players. I liked the story, and I enjoyed what I saw of Sandpoint!
Last edited September 3, 2022 5:00 am
Sep 3, 2022 4:11 am
Can we start at 3rd level? I'm invested for years. But three if those could be spent at 1st at pbp rate. It's ok for us to steamroller stuff in the name of good fiction right?
Sep 3, 2022 4:20 am
I've played part of this before and the first few levels go by pretty quickly. Is like to stick with what the module suggests. The good news is that it's on the fast advancement track
Sep 3, 2022 4:53 am
If you're willing to have another, I'd be interested in playing an Oracle. Both because it's my favorite and for the meta reason of.... I've run the first couple chapters before. I wouldn't be intentionally bringing in meta knowledge, but I like the nod.

One of my players also previously linked me a thread of suggestions from someone who ran with 5-6 players if that would be helpful.
Last edited September 3, 2022 4:54 am
Sep 3, 2022 5:02 am
On second thought, I think I'm going to rescind my interest. I started looking through the SRD and remembered why I didn't play Pathfinder more often. Too many fiddly numbers for me! I must have just enjoyed the group I was with...

Anyways, good gaming and best of luck everyone!
Sep 3, 2022 8:53 am
I would love to play if there's still room.
Sep 3, 2022 1:57 pm
The game is full up and the players I'm inviting are: C1nder, Jomsviking, GeneCortess, and GreyGriffin. I will put the rest of you down as alternates for the moment :)
Sep 3, 2022 8:58 pm
o7
Have fun yall, it's a classic. Give [redacted] my regards
Last edited September 3, 2022 8:58 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.